The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
KRK Releases ROKIT Generation 4 at 2019 Winter NAMM Show
Old 9th August 2019
  #121
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrenken View Post
That was our goal with G4. Make them vibe more pro but moreso to make them sound more pro by improving the already very usable sound. The key is using actual Kevlar for the drivers and then the DSP for a more precise audio spectrum. You will love them.

To your questions.

1. The V Series 4 replaced the VXT line. I've already been thinking about a 3-way in this range but it's far off.
2. Yes, the Expose line will have an 8" 3-way. We are a ways away. They will be made in the USA and very high end. We're just getting started on them.

I'd grab the G4s because they will work great and you can sell them when Expose comes.
Thank you, I'll do just that!

I read the Sound On Sound review of the Rokit 10-3 G3, and they received very high praise. The reviewer was absolutely shocked at their price. They're the only decent 3-ways I can afford at the moment, and when those Enclose 3-ways come along, they'll definitely be in my radar.

I'll be sure to give them a full review when I get them in a few months, and I'm actually thinking about wrapping them in white vinyl, maybe gloss or matte. I'll} lay around with Photoshop a bit to see which one wrap I like more.

Thanks for your response.
Old 11th August 2019
  #122
Lives for gear
Hey Rich, I have another question concerning the Rokit 10-3s, G4. I noticed with the G3 version that it was recommended to place the monitors horizontally and orient the mid-ranger driver and tweeter vertically if they were going to be used as near-fields. Is this still the case with the G4s, or can it be used in its default, linear vertical orientation for near-field monitoring? Which is best for near-field use?

I ask because my current monitor stands definitely won't support these monsters in a horizontal orientation, and if the horizontal orientation is best for near-field usage, I'll have to build new stands (which I don't mind doing).

Also, I know with 2-way systems the tweeter should be at ear-level. These will be my first 3-way monitors with this design; should it be the tweeter or the midrange driver at ear-level?
Old 12th August 2019
  #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenVile View Post
Hey Rich, I have another question concerning the Rokit 10-3s, G4. I noticed with the G3 version that it was recommended to place the monitors horizontally and orient the mid-ranger driver and tweeter vertically if they were going to be used as near-fields. Is this still the case with the G4s, or can it be used in its default, linear vertical orientation for near-field monitoring? Which is best for near-field use?

I ask because my current monitor stands definitely won't support these monsters in a horizontal orientation, and if the horizontal orientation is best for near-field usage, I'll have to build new stands (which I don't mind doing).

Also, I know with 2-way systems the tweeter should be at ear-level. These will be my first 3-way monitors with this design; should it be the tweeter or the midrange driver at ear-level?
Yes, you do want to get the mid point between the tweeter and midrange driver pointing in your ears. So they can be tall but you have to get them pointed down at your ear. We do include the EVA foam pad that goes on the long side in case you are going to do the horizontal configuration. I personally have not read or talked with my engineers about near or far field and the orientation. It is probably just a function of getting those midrange drivers and tweeters at ear level. Because of that, I would say horizontal is better for near-field use.
Old 8th November 2019
  #124
Gear Addict
 

What's this?

http://www.krksys.com/Classic

Is this just a rebadged G3?
Old 11th November 2019
  #125
Lives for gear
 
DirkP's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1Greg View Post
What's this?

http://www.krksys.com/Classic

Is this just a rebadged G3?
according to thomann it was introduced in 2013!
Old 12th November 2019
  #126
Deleted e09cd8e
Guest
Looks like Gibson's new private equity overlords want to clear out some old stock. Avoid.
Old 19th February 2020
  #127
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauhauhau7 View Post
I was about to order the Focal Alpha 65, but after seeing this announcement, i think i'll wait abit more for some reviews/ comparisons.
Hi,

What did you go for in the end?

I am looking at the Rokit 7's, Yamaha HS7's and also the Focals.

Cheers
Old 25th February 2020
  #128
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikz7 View Post
Hi,

What did you go for in the end?

I am looking at the Rokit 7's, Yamaha HS7's and also the Focals.

Cheers
I bought the HS7, sold them and bought the Alpha 65. The issue is that i have an untreated room, but the Alpha seems a little being front ported. Best is that you listen to both if you have the possibility.
Sorry for the late reply.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump