The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Wes Audio announces _PROMETHEUS analog EQ and _CALYPSO audio interface for 500 series
Old 13th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesAudio View Post
Thank you !

No, it doesn't! It is transformer-less design.

Yes, of course!
thanks!
Old 13th February 2019
Lives for gear

Looks solid.
Old 21st February 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesAudio View Post
Apologies for late answers! (after-NAMM regeneration ).

Aye!

When used in _TITAN only ADAT sockets are in use.

Unfortunately _TITAN is so packed - Digital recall (internal digital connectors to module), rear XLR, IAC connector with relay switches (to select source, either back XLR or IAC), USB and Ethernet, that I fear that putting anything else inside is very risky.

Well, those are of course very good ideas, but I fear that 500 series enclosure is very challenging when it comes to size.

In general there is no additional routing inside. So _CALYPSO is "statically" connected to each slot, so e.g. "channel 1 DA -> slot 1 -> channel 1 AD". However using frong panel DB-25, you can go out from digital domain to whatever you would like, and then go back through the chassis (XLR), process audio through 500 series modules and return to digital domain. There will be also easy way to link modules using XLR cables, and based on need use those separately or linked (Advantage of digitally controlled relay switches which toggle between back XLR and internal IAC). In upcomming weeks we will explain all possibilities.

Apologies Sir for confusion. Yes, it is a converter, however in my dictionary this is still audio interface but with ADAT "interface" instead of USB or Thunderbolt. We will try to clarify this so it is perfectly clear!

Oh no, this is entirely different design, with very different sound! Tubes in original pultec are part of the circuit for particular purpose, in our design this section is just implemented using other components, however this is still fully passive design with "pultec" sound!

-Michal
Very much appreciate the thorough response! Look forward to hearing about all the possibilities So nearly persuaded... Would love internal routing but didn't really think about all the additional relay switches required.. Sure it's already packed as is.. Maybe one day!!
Marc
Old 6th March 2019
Gear Maniac

@ WesAudio When will the Prometheus be ready to buy?? I'm debating between the Hyperion and Prometheus for my mix bus!!! Would love to get an ETA as to when they'll be shipping??
Old 7th March 2019
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tansao View Post
@ WesAudio When will the Prometheus be ready to buy?? I'm debating between the Hyperion and Prometheus for my mix bus!!! Would love to get an ETA as to when they'll be shipping??
We will start to ship units to dealers at the beginning of April, which means that in EU it will be available right after, in USA about 1 month later (beginning of May).
Old 7th March 2019
Engagement Manager

I'm looking forward to trying these out
Old 26th March 2019
Lives for gear

I'm curious about something: I assume that we can only use one plugin instance per HW unit in our projects, is this correct? For instance, if we want to use _PROMETHEUS in the master bus AND our drum bus we would need two HW units, right?
Old 26th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
I'm curious about something: I assume that we can only use one plugin instance per HW unit in our projects, is this correct? For instance, if we want to use _PROMETHEUS in the master bus AND our drum bus we would need two HW units, right?
Yes correct, 1 plug in connects to one HW unit.
Old 14th June 2019
Gear Nut

Pretty good demo with variety of styles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4rN4z_7qMA

Starting to really like the 500's!
Old 10th July 2019
Gear Head

As far as I'm concerned, WesAudio represents the absolute cutting edge of pro audio hardware design at the moment. There is no other company out there (Bettermaker aside) making anything that is even attempting to compete with the critical workflow advantages WesAudio's Titan and ng500 modules are bringing to the table.

Every product has been extremely well thought out, offering world class analog circuits with unprecedented flexibility, DAW integration, intuitive UIs, comprehensive feature sets, and beautiful compact designs, all at price points that are highly competitive with or lower than their non-digitally controlled counterparts. When you see WesAudio's stuff, it's hard not to feel like you are looking at the future of the entire pro audio industry. The features just make too much sense not to become the norm
Old 19th August 2019
Gear Head

Any reviews out?

I'm considering a Calypso as the form factor and connections suit my new workflow.

However a big leap of faith moving from my tried and tested Lynx.

Are there any real-world user opinions on this yet?
Old 1st September 2019
Lives for gear

Wish calypso was a thunderbolt interface.

Wonder how is the latency on it
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Ok, SXPro have it on 'try before you buy' here in the UK.
I'm gonna try.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I thought the calypso could be a good solution to expanding an apollo twin for people who need that. I no longer have a twin, but it still crossed my mind as an option to keep outboard gear and ADAT expansion to a single 10 spacek 500 rack. I'd be interested in real world experience/opinions as well.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search