The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik presents Alchemy Series microphones
Old 24th January 2019
  #1
News Desk Editor
 
The Press Desk's Avatar
 

TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik presents Alchemy Series microphones

TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik presents Alchemy Series microphones-unnamed-6-.jpg

TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik presents Alchemy Series microphones

Designed, hand-built, and tested to strict quality standards in Connecticut, USA, the Alchemy Series is TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik’s next generation of large diaphragm tube condensers. These new microphone models feature unique sonic profiles developed from the ground up. The bold new voicings of the Alchemy Series are the TF29, TF39, TF47, and TF51.

TF29 Copperhead
The fixed cardioid TF29 is a workhorse microphone, accurately capturing nearly any source put in front of it with a natural tonality.

TF39 Copperhead Deluxe
The TF39 expands on the "Copperhead" sound by adding 3-pattern selection between cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8.

TF47
With a deep low end and a forward midrange, the TF47 delivers a warm and punchy sound reminiscent of the U47 and M49.

TF51
The large diaphragm multi pattern TF51 exhibits a smooth midrange and airy top end similar to the ELA M 251E and C12.

Stop by Booth 15516 in the Pro Audio Hall at the Anaheim Convention center between January 24th and 27th 2019 to see TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik. The brand new Alchemy Series will be on display as well as the legendary U47 and ELA M 251E microphones!

For more information: Alchemy Series - TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik
Attached Thumbnails
TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik presents Alchemy Series microphones-unnamed-6-.jpg  
Old 24th January 2019
  #2
Gear Addict
 

I'm really digging the Chandler TG mic, but this mic series seems interesting.

Somebody know how much will they cost?

Best regards,

Daniel.
Old 24th January 2019
  #3
Lud
Gear Addict
 
Lud's Avatar
 

That's crazy how much microphones there's on the market. Those one look really good, how about the price?
Old 24th January 2019
  #4
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 View Post
I'm really digging the Chandler TG mic, but this mic series seems interesting.

Somebody know how much will they cost?

Best regards,

Daniel.
It's a refresh of one of their current lines (with more added). They've ballparked just under US$2k
Old 24th January 2019
  #5
So, the copperhead is no longer a CU-29?

Did they change the name, or is this a new solid state version?
Old 24th January 2019
  #6
Lives for gear
 

It says they're all large-diaphragm tube condensers.
Old 24th January 2019
  #7
Gear Nut
 
aves's Avatar
Differences

Would be nice to elaborate a bit about the differences in sound, as i was just in the market for a copperhead.

Very curious,

Michael
Old 25th January 2019
  #8
Gear Addict
 

We need some audio examples please, preferably vocals.

Daniel.
Old 25th January 2019
  #9
Lives for gear
 
spambot_2's Avatar
It'll be interesting to see how they improved their old RFT series, it doesn't seem that those will be discontinued very soon.
I love shockmounts with an "open" side so there's that at least
Old 25th January 2019
  #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duardo View Post
It says they're all large-diaphragm tube condensers.
Thanks. So I guess they just renamed the copperhead to make the line consistent.
Old 26th January 2019
  #11
Sooo whats the difference between this line and the R-F-T Series?
Old 26th January 2019
  #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiBabi View Post
Thanks. So I guess they just renamed the copperhead to make the line consistent.
Quoting myself here. Lol

I just looked and the copperhead is not simply being renamed. It looks like a capsule change and other enhancements were made.
Old 26th January 2019
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiBabi View Post
Quoting myself here. Lol

I just looked and the copperhead is not simply being renamed. It looks like a capsule change and other enhancements were made.
Yeah, it looks like the Copperhead is no longer a Copperhead, lol.

They should have named it Copperhead II, or something different as it's clearly a different mic from the original Copperhead, and that will only confuse people.
Old 26th January 2019
  #14
Lives for gear
 

Arghhhhh RTFOP

It looks like (at least) 2 things have happened here.

1/ Some mic names have been standardized. Out go the allusions to chemical abbreviations, rifles, and secret bases in the desert. In comes the general prefix TF.

2/ The CU-29 is now available in 2 versions: the original cardioid (was CU-29, now TF-29). And the new boy TF-39 which is described as the multi-pattern version of the -29.

I say "at least", since other changes may have taken place, eg to internals. However, if they were substantive or significant I would have expected TF to announce them.
Old 26th January 2019
  #15
Lives for gear
 

Looks like different tubes in the new TF47 and TF51. They also say new headgrills affect the sound as well. And some changes to the internals.

Telefunken AK47 MKII = NOS EF-732 Tube
Telefunken TF47 = NOS 5840W Tube

Telefunken AR51 = ECC81 Tube
Telefunken TF51 = 6072A Tube

Last edited by BrentA; 28th January 2019 at 02:31 AM..
Old 26th January 2019
  #16
Gear Maniac
 
McWreckinBall's Avatar
I listened to these at NAMM this weekend. Sounded very good from what I could tell with headphones at NAMM... take that assessment with a gain of salt. I think these probably sound the same as the old ones, but you can tell the build quality is a lot better on these. A little shorter, but I think a little fatter. Could just look fatter because they're shorter. I like the new shockmounts a lot. But my favorite thing about these? The cases. Much more modern, soft, zippered, I think neoprin or something similar. I wish all mics came with these types of cases, so I'm actually really glad to see this here. I think the big take away from these is we can no longer criticize TFunk for taking the same Apex body everyone else does and mod it. I think they're now built by them from the ground up.
Old 27th January 2019
  #17
Gear Addict
 
sirthought's Avatar
My guess is that some of the components needed to change due to availability. People don't see or understand that stuff, so they change a bit of what you do see and call it a new series...boom you've got talking points for NAMM!!!!

I bet they sound nice and I'm interested in the 47.
Old 28th January 2019
  #18
Lives for gear
 

If they could get Steve Earl as an endorser, then they could have the new Copperhead Road!
Chris
Old 31st January 2019
  #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper.real View Post
It looks like (at least) 2 things have happened here.

1/ Some mic names have been standardized. Out go the allusions to chemical abbreviations, rifles, and secret bases in the desert. In comes the general prefix TF.

2/ The CU-29 is now available in 2 versions: the original cardioid (was CU-29, now TF-29). And the new boy TF-39 which is described as the multi-pattern version of the -29.

I say "at least", since other changes may have taken place, eg to internals. However, if they were substantive or significant I would have expected TF to announce them.
Lol RTFOP... I deserved that. Thanks.
Old 31st January 2019
  #20
Lives for gear
 

What are the prices?
Old 31st January 2019
  #21
It would have been nice if the company made a little effort to explain all this to their customers.
Old 31st January 2019
  #22
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bucci View Post
It would have been nice if the company made a little effort to explain all this to their customers.
Agreed. It looks like Fletcher isn’t with the company anymore, he would’ve been here answering all of our questions.
Old 2nd February 2019
  #23
Here they are answering our questions. So this line is the replacement of the RFT line. The grill construction was improved, and it has a new case, etc. \YouTube
Old 7th February 2019
  #24
Hey guys, sorry for the late response. There's plenty of information about the Alchemy Series and the new models on our website:
Alchemy Series - TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik

In short, there's been some circuit improvements and upgrades, as well as a redesign of the headgrille and better included accessories (like an American-assembled power supply).

We'll be calling the TF29 the Copperhead and the TF39 the Copperhead Deluxe. Long live the Copperhead!

Alchemy is replacing RFT. Prices will be similar. They'll start shipping in the Spring.

I'll check back in if you guys have any other questions!

Thanks,
James

Last edited by Telefunken Lab; 7th February 2019 at 10:31 PM..
Old 8th February 2019
  #25
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telefunken Lab View Post
Hey guys, sorry for the late response. There's plenty of information about the Alchemy Series and the new models on our website:
Alchemy Series - TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik

In short, there's been some circuit improvements and upgrades, as well as a redesign of the headgrille and better included accessories (like an American-assembled power supply).

We'll be calling the TF29 the Copperhead and the TF39 the Copperhead Deluxe. Long live the Copperhead!

Alchemy is replacing RFT. Prices will be similar. They'll start shipping in the Spring.

I'll check back in if you guys have any other questions!

Thanks,
James
Hi James,

Are there some demo clips?

Thank you,

Daniel.
Old 8th February 2019
  #26
Lives for gear
 

Same capsules as RFT series?
Made in same factory as RFT?

Thanks
Old 11th February 2019
  #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 View Post
Hi James,

Are there some demo clips?

Thank you,

Daniel.
No specific demo clips yet, but we've been using the new models in our Live From The Lab videos for the past few weeks. Any of the newer performances should feature some TF mics. The mic list and a link to download the multitracks should be in every video description.

YouTube

We're working on more content now.
Old 11th February 2019
  #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox Han View Post
Same capsules as RFT series?
Made in same factory as RFT?

Thanks
TF29 has the same single membrane capsule as the CU-29.

TF39 has a dual membrane version of the TF29 capsule.

TF47 has a K47-style capsule, not used in any RFT mics.

TF51 has the same CK12-style capsule as the AR-51.

All are built in our South Windsor, CT, USA facility, just like RFT.
Old 12th April 2019
  #29
Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know we've added frequency response charts to the Alchemy Series product pages on our website:
Alchemy Series - TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik

And I've posted a more detailed breakdown of the technical changes from R-F-T and what makes up each Alchemy Series model in this thread:
New Telefunken “TF” series mics?

Regards,
James
Old 13th May 2019
  #30
Gear Head
 

Really curious of the TF51, anyone tried it yet?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump