The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
PSP Audioware introduces Twin-L dual algorithm classic limiter
Old 23rd January 2019
News Desk Editor

PSP Audioware introduces Twin-L dual algorithm classic limiter-psp_twin-l.png

We are proud to introduce our new dynamic processor plug-in: PSP Twin-L - a dual algorithm classic limiter. The aim of this plug-in is to provide a wide variety of shaping options. The plug-in is able to emulate the main features of two types of limiter: VCA-limiters, which is a modern type of analog limiter, and Opto-limiters which are vintage optical limiters.

The new fully featured 30 day demo version is available on our download page. To see the PSP Twin-L in action you can visit our booth 19203 at the Winter NAMM show, which begins tomorrow.

Introductory offer!
Until the 3rd February 2019 you can buy PSP Twin-L at the special introductory price of $49*. As a registered user of our other processors plug-ins you can get it at an even better price (up to 44% additional discount). To see your final price for the PSP Twin-L: log into your user account, go to the store and put the PSP Twin-L into your cart. Starting from the 4th February 2019 the regular price of $69* will be applied. (* all prices include taxes)

For more information and demo: PSP Twin-L a dual algorithm classic limiter.
Attached Thumbnails
PSP Audioware introduces Twin-L dual algorithm classic limiter-psp_twin-l.png  
Old 23rd January 2019
Gear Addict

Excited to try this one. I just got in to the PSP stuff over christmas and it's all gorgeous.
Old 23rd January 2019
Lives for gear

This one sound soooo goood on my stuff!
Love.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

This looks nice.
Love all my PSP plugins (although I don't use them enough, too many plugins!)
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

I haven't auditioned this plugin yet, but I suspect it'll be a high quality piece of software.

I transitioned from tape to digital in 2004, PSP had a number of plugins on the market back then, and they seemed to be very well regarded.

Based on my last 2 PSP purchases (FetPressor and the E27), they've evidently acquired a truckload of expertise that puts them right up there with the very best plugin developers.

Looking forward to checking this one out.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

This is an excellent plugin. Levelled out a dynamic rap vocal effortlessly, and the different saturation tones when driving VCA/Opto are very handy. Opto brings a sound forward with punchier mids (less bottom) and centers the sound (be careful on busses with it). VCA—to my ears—widens the stage slightly? Need to confirm that - at the very least it retains soundstage.

1-2dB reduction on the mixbus (VCA, soft knee, med/slow attack) adds some lovely glue, sparkle and weight (following SSL comp beforehand with usual 4dB peak GR).

All about the balance between input and ceiling dials. Look forward to getting to know this one better.

Great sound, great intro price. I'll be buying this. Also zero latency and low CPU. Thanks PSP!
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Addict

PSP can really do no wrong. This is rock solid and sounds good. It's not an exciting plugin, but it does the job easily and sounds better than most.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

OI PSP Fix up your crash bug on E27* AAX version before pushing more stuff, kthanksbye.

*Great EQ
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Nut
Hope they will make API 2500 emulation someday.
CLA-2A and API 550 are welkomed too.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Dang it, I said I wasn't buying any more plugins for a while....
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Nut
So, it is not a compressor nor a clipper. Limiter? What are possible scenarios for using it in mixing? I use limiters only during mastering.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

It is so easy to make friends with this, no strange things just incredible compression.
Old 24th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
1-2dB reduction on the mixbus (VCA, soft knee, med/slow attack) adds some lovely glue, sparkle and weight (following SSL comp beforehand with usual 4dB peak GR).
Just tried this with the Waves G-Comp that I have but don't really use that often and together they have given a couple of tracks im working on exactly what you said, Glue, Sparkle and Weight - I would also add Snap / Punch to that Thanks for the suggestion
Old 25th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
PSP can really do no wrong. This is rock solid and sounds good. It's not an exciting plugin, but it does the job easily and sounds better than most.
True. I buyed almost all their plugins... until they switched to iLok. I still can use the old versions without iLok, but I will not buy the new ones.
Old 25th January 2019
Gear Addict

Anyone else having issues with the VST3 version? I'm on windows 10 using the newest version of studio one and the plugin scanner always stops at twin-l and never moves past it. The VST3 version seems to be the only one I have any problem with. And yes I've uninstalled and reinstalled and reset and installed in new locations and reset the blacklist and everything else. I'm just wondering if anyone else has this issue. I contacted support. They answered without reading through my email explaining everything I tried and told me to try doing exactly what I had just told them I tried already.
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarLander View Post
True. I buyed almost all their plugins... until they switched to iLok. I still can use the old versions without iLok, but I will not buy the new ones.
Last I checked, you could choose between machine authorization or dongle authorization....has that changed? Or is it just PACE in general that you don't want?
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxgvr View Post
So, it is not a compressor nor a clipper. Limiter? What are possible scenarios for using it in mixing? I use limiters only during mastering.
People still asking about "classic" limiters and thinking it's a mastering-style limiter, after decades of internet information?

This is not a brickwall limiter. It's a compressor with a high ratio, so it's a compressor. Back in the day high ratio compressors were called limiter. There you go.
Old 25th January 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
People still asking about "classic" limiters and thinking it's a mastering-style limiter, after decades of internet information?

This is not a brickwall limiter. It's a compressor with a high ratio, so it's a compressor. Back in the day high ratio compressors were called limiter. There you go.
Оk, what are scenarios for using hight ratio cоmpressor in the mix? I never go above 10:1
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notheorem729 View Post
Anyone else having issues with the VST3 version? I'm on windows 10 using the newest version of studio one and the plugin scanner always stops at twin-l and never moves past it. The VST3 version seems to be the only one I have any problem with. And yes I've uninstalled and reinstalled and reset and installed in new locations and reset the blacklist and everything else. I'm just wondering if anyone else has this issue. I contacted support. They answered without reading through my email explaining everything I tried and told me to try doing exactly what I had just told them I tried already.
I just discovered that the VST3 version is making Cubase 10 on Windows 10 hang on load. I've renamed the file for now. So yeah, you're not alone.

-e.B
Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear

wondering what this new plugin by PSP might be (seen on their facebook page):
Attached Thumbnails
PSP Audioware introduces Twin-L dual algorithm classic limiter-psp1.png   PSP Audioware introduces Twin-L dual algorithm classic limiter-psp2.png  
Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
wondering what this new plugin by PSP might be (seen on their facebook page):
Pretty sure that says PSP HertzRider.
Old 26th January 2019
Here for the gear

Yeah, it looks like that on the FB page where there's at least one better quality photo.

Also I don't recognise the one under ConsoleQ and the Lexington delay in the first NAMM image on their FB page (blue and cream knobs on dark blue/green background). I have about 95% of their plug-ins and always excited to see new stuff from them...

I'd post a link but it won't let me as I'm a noob poster here (long time lurker though).

The Twin-L sounds fantastic to my ears. Definite buy.
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Pretty sure that says PSP HertzRider.
Good catch, sure looks like it.

Looks like two large knobs labeled "shift"?

Frequency shifter maybe? They've been doing a bunch of modular development lately..
Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Elgin View Post
Good catch, sure looks like it.

Looks like two large knobs labeled "shift"?

Frequency shifter maybe? They've been doing a bunch of modular development lately..
Yeah good spot, it's Shift, can see it clearer on their FB page post. Perhaps some kind of delay?
Old 27th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.Blue View Post
I just discovered that the VST3 version is making Cubase 10 on Windows 10 hang on load. I've renamed the file for now. So yeah, you're not alone.

-e.B

I'm in contact with support about it but they are at NAMM so I'm not sure how quickly it will be resolved but I'll post once I know.
Old 28th January 2019
Here for the gear

I am very curious to compare to Xenon. Has anyone checked?
Old 28th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofrhodes View Post
I am very curious to compare to Xenon. Has anyone checked?
Xenon is a brickwall-limiter.

This is a high ratio vintage compressor.
Old 30th January 2019
Gear Maniac

great compressor!
Old 30th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarLander View Post
I've been a PSP user for a long time -since really close to the beginning, I think. The old Stereo trilogy and the Mix Series v1 were the first plugs I bought from them, and were the only ones offered at the time!

At one point early on I had an e-mail exchange with Mateusz (or Antoni -it's been too long!) saying I really loved his plugins, but didn't think I'd be buying any more, as they had switched copy protection to iLok. He responded by asking me what my considerations were for objecting to iLok and I gave those to him, along with telling him I respected his decision but personally just didn't want to be in the "world of iLok."

I was really surprised when not that much later they reversed their decision and went to the license files instead. Well, suffice it to say I was happy and I have almost all of PSP plug-ins and love them (a few just cover alleys I don't normally walk down, but I'm sure they're fabulous as well).

Anyhow -my observation with all of this is that if they felt compelled to return to iLok -having abandoned it once- one or both of two things must be true: either the license file system is just incredibly inconvenient for them to manage (which I can't imagine), or their plug-ins were being pirated and license files were not sufficient impediment to that.

I can't remember right now what the first plug-in that actually got me to buy it despite the fact it was iLok was...but at this point I've got a ton of them that are. You don't have to have a physical dongle anymore. You can still do that (and many people do if they're working in different locations and need to take their plugins with them), but you can also authorize to a specific computer (transferring that easily if you, say, replace your computer), or to the cloud.

I'm no longer an iLok hater -except when the occasional version comes out that is a "corker" -and I always read comments here on GS as to stability before I make an actual switch.

Rock on Antoni, Mateusz and company! And may you reap not only praise but abundance for your excellent work! If iLok helps in all that, so be it!
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear

I am very glad with this processor. Sounds amazing, very musical with the right settings, UI is perfect in size and everything in the right place.
This could be easily a real 500 series module. The sound and the looks are all there! Great work PSP!
Thank you!

Cheers!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search