The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
PSP Audioware introduces Twin-L dual algorithm classic limiter
Old 25th August 2019
Gear Addict

I’ll pick it up today for sure
Old 25th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Good grab for 30 imo. I actually don't even use it as a limiter, but more of an envelope shaper/compressor. My main use for it in the months since I've purchased it has been drum shaping - making things snappier, punchier, etc.
Old 1st September 2019
Lives for gear

Last day of the compressor sale. I just grabbed both Twin-L and FETpressor for $40 with my discount. I had no plans to buy any plugins right now but that was the proverbial offer I couldn't refuse.
Old 1st September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightchef View Post
Last day of the compressor sale. I just grabbed both Twin-L and FETpressor for $40 with my discount. I had no plans to buy any plugins right now but that was the proverbial offer I couldn't refuse.
What’s your thoughts on the FET?
Old 1st September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto View Post
What’s your thoughts on the FET?
Haven't had time to use it yet, and probably won't for a while.
Old 1st September 2019
Gear Addict

The Fetpressor is universal. If you want only one compressor that is zero latency and works on pretty much everything this one is it.
Old 1st September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff J View Post
The Fetpressor is universal. If you want only one compressor that is zero latency and works on pretty much everything this one is it.
OK you convinced me
Old 1st September 2019
Gear Addict

But demo it first. you might not agree with me.

It might not be 'the best' at anything, but it's good enough for everything (if you like fet compressors like I do).

I use it on channels, when jamming. It's zero latency, and really easy to get good enough results. This comp for a tight groove and Crave EQ after for some fast EQ moves. You'll get a really good sound in less than a minute.

the 'fancier' compressors (Nebula, Vertigo, Kush) I use on busses.
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Addict

This and FETPressor are both pretty impressive. No latency, reasonably low CPU hit, and more versatile than expected once I dug in and tried using them all over.

For the sale prices, these represent some of the best values in plugin dynamics.

The VCA limiter mode can be pretty punchy and can work for both general peak control or parallel impact and body upgrades on drum/percussion program.

I haven't played with the opto side much yet.

Well done PSP!
Old 15th September 2019
Gear Addict

Was definitely not looking for another compressor/vintage limiter but I gotta say, I’m buying this as soon as the demo expires. I was expecting to like it but say, nahhh I don’t need it but, I’m liking it a lot more than expected. It sounds great, easy to work with and is a nice final stage on some busses and individual tracks. I own some really good software compressors as well as hardware.
Old 16th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatsWilsonian View Post
Good grab for 30 imo. I actually don't even use it as a limiter, but more of an envelope shaper/compressor. My main use for it in the months since I've purchased it has been drum shaping - making things snappier, punchier, etc.
big +1 to this!! that exact use is what this limiter feels like it was designed for to me.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search