The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PSP Audioware introduces Twin-L dual algorithm classic limiter Dynamics Plugins
Old 27th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNunchuck View Post
Thanks for the details but I don't think I want to try that if it only works sometimes. I already have a powercore. Perhaps they will have another sale when they fix it for Cubase so it works every time.
For now I have the Vst2 version working in Cubase.

Vst3 must be fixed though...
Old 28th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks for the details but I don't think I want to try that if it only works sometimes. I already have a powercore. Perhaps they will have another sale when they fix it for Cubase so it works every time.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my system more so than the plugin because most people don't have any problems. Also the VST version works perfectly and even now I haven't had an issue with the VST3 version again. I suggest running the demo because if the demo works you won't have any problems. As far as I can tell everyone either got it working or used the VST version. I also understand your perspective completely though. I personally trust PSP to sort out any issues that arise or make it right and normally I would agree with you 100% on this but I really liked this enough to buy it anyway during the intro pricing.
Old 28th February 2019
Gear Maniac

I have a ton of PSP stuff, but I never, ever had a problem running any of their plugins in Cubase. In Adobe Audition yes, but that app is flakey with lots of 3rd party plugins. Most of my PSP plugins are pre-Ilock so perhaps that has an issue as was suggested to update. If that were the case, I wish PSP would announce incompatibilities with certain versions of iLock instead of me beta testing it.
Old 6th March 2019
Gear Maniac

The update just came out and fixes the issue with the VST3 version and other things as well. Just in case anyone doesn't get their emails.
Old 6th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Thanks, I have a ton of their products but didn't get an email. Perhaps because I don't own this product. It may be worth a demo again.
Old 7th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks, I have a ton of their products but didn't get an email. Perhaps because I don't own this product. It may be worth a demo again.
Yeah that's possible. I definitely recommend testing it out again. I can't speak highly enough of this plugin. I guess it depends on what you're looking for but in my opinion this plugin really has almost no competition due to the fact that most limiters are either supposed to be incredibly simple or over complex and they are all focused on transparency but this makes a limiter into a viable mixing tool again and can replace a compressor in some cases. I rarely rant about enjoying a specific plugin but I like this one more every time I use it. I think this deserves way more attention than it's getting so far.
Old 7th March 2019
Gear Head
Hi,

We have just updated PSP Twin-L to version 1.0.1. This update fixes the most crucial bugs. We understand that a couple of these now fixed bugs might have kept some of you from being able to test the potential and sound quality this plug-in; if you need to renew your demo license please contact us and provide us with your ilok license ID; we have also restored the special introductory price of $49*.

PSP Twin-L v.1.0.1

BUG FIXES:
1. On some PC computers (Windows 10), VST3 version of plugin was ignored during VST3 plugin scan on Host startup (in Cubase 9, Cubase 10, Nuendo, StudioOne 4) - fixed (requires the latest version of the iLok License Manager)
2. On some PC computers: Input, Ceiling and Output knobs were disappearing - fixed
3. Protools: during offline bouncing - internal parameters were set to their default initial state if they were not automated. It didn't happen during online bouncing - fixed
4. After loading a session - Monitor switch was always set to OFF - fixed
5. After loading a session - SideChain switch was always set to Internal - fixed
6. Minor bugs fixed

CHANGES:
1. Gain reduction meter in PSP Twin-L had longer release in Protools 2018 than in other Host applications (this was only visual behavior - it did not affect sound) - fixed

Antoni Ozynski
PSPaudioware.com - high quality audio processors and effects plug-ins in AudioUnit, RTAS, AAX and VST format for Mac and PC
Old 8th March 2019
Gear Addict

It's down to $49 again for a time as was said - until March 18.
Old 8th March 2019
Gee
Lives for gear

super cool that they brought back the intro price. nabbed and its pretty awesome!
Old 9th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Very nice sounding.
Old 11th March 2019
Jees. I also thought I would have been done with compressors. But this thing rocks in VCA mode. I could make a snare very loud with the same peak as before and with no audible artifacts - artifacts that all my other compressors did with the attack of the snare sound (including VCS-2 and Arouser etc.). This sounds so natural and big, wow.
Old 11th March 2019
Here for the gear

Wow, this is so good! Have to add my voice to others here really loving Twin-L. The compression action and the sonics are amazing. The balance of color/mojo and transparency/fidelity is spot on.

It’s so good, in fact, that I have to ask, would it be within the realm of possibility to eventually release a companion compressor plugin with some lower ratios? Kind of a "Twin-C"?

Something like this with a few more ratios could easily become a top-choice compressor.
Old 11th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicLantern View Post
Wow, this is so good! Have to add my voice to others here really loving Twin-L. The compression action and the sonics are amazing. The balance of color/mojo and transparency/fidelity is spot on.

It’s so good, in fact, that I have to ask, would it be within the realm of possibility to eventually release a companion compressor plugin with some lower ratios? Kind of a "Twin-C"?

Something like this with a few more ratios could easily become a top-choice compressor.
Don't quote me on this and hopefully someone from PSP will give a better answer but the Twin-L product page mentions a zero latency series of plugins that Twin-L is a part of. Which as far as I know currently only consists of Twin-L but I could be wrong. They didn't confirm or deny it when I asked about it before so I have a feeling they are already working on exactly what you and I both are hoping for here. If they are I am desperate to see what the EQ and comp can do.
Old 12th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Pretty sure that says PSP HertzRider.
You were right. It's out now
Old 13th March 2019
Gear Maniac

I’m a bit of a compressor collector, are there any other comps this sounds similar to out there? Curious if people think this has a unique sound or not.
Old 13th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto View Post
I’m a bit of a compressor collector, are there any other comps this sounds similar to out there? Curious if people think this has a unique sound or not.
That's actually a hard question. This is actually a limiter so its hard to compare to a compressor. However, this is so good it can do the job of comoassion sometimes. It also has two modes (vca and opto). I would say this has a unique sound though. I can't think of anything I would compare it to that would really make much sense or apply outside of very specific circumstances. I highly recommend downloading the trial because this one is worth it. I bought this to fill my need for a great sounding simple limiter during the mixing stage and have ended up using it every chance I get because it just works, sounds great, and is easy to use. I'm starting to sound like I work for PSP in this thread because of how highly I've talked about this but I'm not sure I have seen a single person dislike it yet so i don't think it's just me.
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

This sounds amazing...

Win10, studio one 64 bit here

Vst3 would not pass s1 scan... I thought I had latest pace manager installed but doubled checked and found that I did not. Updated it and the plugin scanned perfectly.

Really really great
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Maniac

I'd be very interested in hearing user's experiences with using this on the Master Bus.
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by STSQ View Post
I'd be very interested in hearing user's experiences with using this on the Master Bus.
Since this is a zero latency limiter it's not really intended for final limiting purposes. However, I have yet to find a situation where this doesn't work. Depending on what you're going for obviously. I think as far are use cases go this falls directly in the middle of transparent limiter and character compressor. It is strangely flexible and can either transparently limit the dynamic range or aggressively distort a kick drum and anything in between. In my opinion the best use for this on the master bus is either gently in place of a compressor or right before a final limiter. I would say with soft knee mode and an attack speed of 25-50ms and a release speed of 75-125ms and aim for 2-3db GR and set the SC-HPF to even out the GR and flip between opto/vca modes to find what best suits the song. I personally use it more on drum busses and individual tracks for dynamic range control than the master bus but that's mainly because I don't prefer limiting on the master bus during mixing at all. This also works great for parallel drum processing as well. It's hard because this is far more flexible and useable than you would expect and I have ranted about how much I like it everywhere so I am definitely Italy bias at this point but can't recommend downloading the demo enough.
Old 15th March 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notheorem729 View Post
Don't quote me on this and hopefully
someone from PSP will give a better answer but the Twin-L product page
mentions a zero latency series of plugins that Twin-L is a part of.
Which as far as I know currently only consists of Twin-L but I could be
wrong. They didn't confirm or deny it when I asked about it before so I
have a feeling they are already working on exactly what you and I both
are hoping for here. If they are I am desperate to see what the EQ and
comp can do.
Actually, a lot of our current plug-ins are zero latency:

PSP oldTimer (&PSP oldTimer ME)
PSP FETpressor
PSP BussPressor
PSP Twin-L

Lexicon PSP42
PSP 85
PSP 608 MD
PSP stompDelay

PSP stompFilter
PSP HertzRider

PSP StereoPack bundle
PSP TripleMeter

Antoni

PSPaudioware.com - high quality audio processors and effects plug-ins in AudioUnit, RTAS, AAX and VST format for Mac and PC
Old 15th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoni PSP View Post
Actually, a lot of our current plug-ins are zero latency:

PSP oldTimer (&PSP oldTimer ME)
PSP FETpressor
PSP BussPressor
PSP Twin-L

Lexicon PSP42
PSP 85
PSP 608 MD
PSP stompDelay

PSP stompFilter
PSP HertzRider

PSP StereoPack bundle
PSP TripleMeter

Antoni

Are they a part of the referenced "zero-latency series" though? Sorry my wording was very flawed. I wasn't trying to say you have no products that can operate at zero latency because I don't own them all I was only implying that this is the only one I know of as being part of the zero latency series. Perhaps I was speaking more out of desire than fact haha. I suppose it's a good thing I said not to quote me.
Old 15th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Wasn't ready to buy another limiter, but this thing is pretty nasty for drum designing. Really getting some nice transient shaping and RMS bump. Nice tool for my purposes
Old 15th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STSQ View Post
Posted about that on the first page. I don't use it for that (use HW SSL) but it worked better than I was expecting.
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Because it's so easy to use, and it has great UI, I feel it's good tool for some external sidechain compression.
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Addict

Love this plugin. Easy to use. Sounds great. Affordable. All the right features. Lightweight. Low on CPU. Simple yet effective UI. It hits all the checkmarks.

And as a bonus, this thread hasn't devolved into chaos (yet).
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Maniac

tftmkl h dkfhoprp bjzwe5iozjwjüz jbropjzvbeiw,jrselkbgrdl brzbrnbzrzeerz
trenzertnuertuetrvgew4b63q36w345nbe45nz

rtbzertlkhjklrdjbhrtnmbjwivrimvjjbgwriezjw rzvrezb rtebzernbtubertuetterunberttrznterzetzretzrtezrtznetzrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtter5bnzenrtntzrtetntunr

tre
n
terteretrnetrterznemtrunret
45n
34n6345453547

Last edited by man in the house; 21st March 2019 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Sanchez View Post
Love this plugin. Easy to use. Sounds great. Affordable. All the right features. Lightweight. Low on CPU. Simple yet effective UI. It hits all the checkmarks.

And as a bonus, this thread hasn't devolved into chaos (yet).
Yeah I have been telling a lot of people about Twin-L because I think it deserves way more attention but I also know that if everyone catches on this thread will go down fast. Oh well I guess. I 100% agree about the plugin. This is one of those tools you don't realize you need but don't want to be without. I can't imagine trying to replace it because it really has no competition as far as analog style limiters go in my opinion.
Old 21st March 2019
Lives for gear

Nebula!!!!

Ilok!!!

Slate!!!

Nebula!!!!!
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Nut
Tested this briefly on drums and bought it. Drums stayed punchy and the low end stayed round. It's a thing of beauty.
Old 23rd March 2019
Gear Head
Still do not understand purpose of this plugin. What kind of mixing scenario it could be used for? Limiters are situated better for mastering. People tend to use compressors during mixing process.

Limiter is just a compressor with hight ratio. Why devs from PSP did not include some lower ratios in to the plugin? It could be more verstatile with ratios 2:1, 4:1, 8:1, 10:1 and Limit mode (as it is now). Isn't it simple solution? Hope, they will upgrade Twin-L with lower "compressor" ratios.

P.S. I am more interested in future PSP equalizer plugins update. ClassicQ has great Neve preamp saturation (same quality as Sonimus Burnley). You press SAT button (it sets threshold), and drive output knob. Problem: plugin becomes to loud and you can't trim output level down (output knob acts like input, which is weird). I beleave PSP devs should add trim knob to output stage of all their analog EQs, or make it traditional way - Input knob for gain, Output for trimming, just like any other saturation plugin out there.

P.P.S. Eah, and CalssicQ GUI is horrible.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search