The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IK Multimedia unveils iLoud MTM reference monitor Studio Monitors
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Looks to be coming in June?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

That's what IK say on their FB page.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiseau Ravage View Post
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Am really interested to see how these monitors perform - was considering some Eve Audio 203’s but perhaps these will be better?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
We will make an appropriate announcement when they are ready to ship. We will also place any review units necessary as soon as we know they are 100% ready for review, as we want to get the best possible monitors out there. Thank you.
hello Peter - IK, will there be a way to visualize the final frequency curve of the speaker?
Is the frequency curve indicated on your site guaranteed regardless of the environment?
It disturbs me a bit if there is no way to check the final curve, how to know if it is reliable?
thank you in advance
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilal.robin View Post
hello Peter - IK, will there be a way to visualize the final frequency curve of the speaker?
Is the frequency curve indicated on your site guaranteed regardless of the environment?
It disturbs me a bit if there is no way to check the final curve, how to know if it is reliable?
thank you in advance
At this time, we do not have plans on a visual representation of the curve correction in these speakers, but we do appreciate the interest here and I can pass this interest to the team.

As every room is different, the best way to check your curve would be to compare the original signal. This is done with the preset curve options on the back of the speaker (DESK/FLAT/CAL). Just switch these between the settings and you can hear the correction. When a calibration is done correctly, the LED on the front of the iLoud MTM will go green. When something goes wrong with the calibration process, the LED will go to a red color. This would not allow your CAL to save. This essentially protects you from any incorrect reading. To clarify, yes, the CAL process, when completely properly, will result in the curve displayed on the product page.

If you want to take the correction to the next level, you can use the included ARC 2 MEMS microphone with the ARC System 2.5 software. This program will give you an in-depth reading of each measurement and allow for multiple saved curves. Read more on this product here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/arc2/
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_IK View Post
At this time, we do not have plans on a visual representation of the curve correction in these speakers, but we do appreciate the interest here and I can pass this interest to the team.

As every room is different, the best way to check your curve would be to compare the original signal. This is done with the preset curve options on the back of the speaker (DESK/FLAT/CAL). Just switch these between the settings and you can hear the correction. When a calibration is done correctly, the LED on the front of the iLoud MTM will go green. When something goes wrong with the calibration process, the LED will go to a red color. This would not allow your CAL to save. This essentially protects you from any incorrect reading. To clarify, yes, the CAL process, when completely properly, will result in the curve displayed on the product page.

If you want to take the correction to the next level, you can use the included ARC 2 MEMS microphone with the ARC System 2.5 software. This program will give you an in-depth reading of each measurement and allow for multiple saved curves. Read more on this product here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/arc2/
thank you for your reply. Is it possible to buy the bow program separately and use the micro provides with the iloud mtm ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilal.robin View Post
thank you for your reply. Is it possible to buy the bow program separately and use the micro provides with the iloud mtm ?
Glad to hear I could help. Yes, the ARC System 2.5 software can be purchased on it's own without the microphone to use the iLoud MTM included Arc 2 MEMS mic.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

thanks Ryan
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
ARC built into the MTM monitors will have an actual starting point to reference from in regards to what the MTM response should be like, and only needs to find out how that response differs at the mix position in whatever environment you're using them in.

When using the ARC software with a random set of studio monitors, it doesn't have that sort of luxury.

That's my guess anyway.
You're probably right!

I'm wondering if one is good for me. I already have a decent setup, but ...like I have my avantone...I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing more harm than good by only purchasing one for horizontal placement.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I am actually thinking about getting this or the genelec 8010 for monitoring audio playback from videos i will be shooting for a distance learning program at my school since im doing a required social service and soon residence. Since im in the clear to propose a materials of use list to setup a smallish filming and playback studio i have been thinking about these. Or does someone have a suggestion?
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Just out of curiosity, will these be manufactured in China or Italy?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiseau Ravage View Post
Has this changed? My preorder back date changed from June 2 to coming soon..
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac
i’m afraid my interest came and went on these. companies should not take half a year to roll stuff out.

in January these seemed like a game changer. now halfway through May i just don’t see myself changing my sonarworks workflow around to accommodate desktop speakers. interested to see initial reviews of these and would be open to demoing/reviewing a pair but any fire that was under my seat to drop upwards of a thousand dollars on these has definitely faded.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

That's not really a bad thing though.

Any opportunity to avoid an impulse buy in favor of waiting for a better look and some early buyer impressions is a better way to go when it comes to studio gear.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
That's not really a bad thing though.

Any opportunity to avoid an impulse buy in favor of waiting for a better look and some early buyer impressions is a better way to go when it comes to studio gear.
You stated that nicer than I was about to.
Old 43 minutes ago
Lives for gear

True. I've gone from 100% purchase to about 60% now.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search