IK Multimedia unveils iLoud MTM reference monitor - Page 32 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia unveils iLoud MTM reference monitor
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by enno View Post

The MTM ist better of course but the "farting" is still there on low volume. I have them calibrated an set to 50hz, 60hz is too high for what im using them.
I'm having similar issues with mine. I've had them since last March (2020) and they recently starting making 'farting' sounds, even at very low levels with the LF rolled back. Occassionaly (and unpredictable) when I turn them on, they make a blaring painful and ultra loud sound. It stays on making that awful sound until you cycle the power. My previous monitor sets lasted me nearly a decade (small Genelecs and Mackie HR824's). It hasn't even been a year and my iLoud MTM's are starting to fail.

Last edited by prospect; 3 days ago at 04:49 AM.. Reason: Formatting
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by enno View Post
Hi.

Where is the problem? The o120 for instance are just perfect, zero artefacts on
Made in China vs made in Europe I guess...

Friend of mine has the same problem while my Neumanns are faultless.
Gear Head

sampling frequency/DSP conversion

Neumann also has problems with power boards - people write about this (on Thomann).
But this is apparently not as common as with the new iLoud MTM models ...

Now I wondered whether it was worth playing Russian roulette, or buying an ADAM A3X for close Mono control in the middle.

Unfortunately, AURATON does not sell One monitor - and they are Passive (this causes inconvenience + extra costs)

I liked that iLoud MTM can be "put on its side", and that they have Two Bass / Midrange speakers, which should push the sound better, and give more depth .. "but this is just my Reflections out loud"

I could not find a small active monitor / Dual speaker / One Tweeter / accurate sound for Mono control.
If someone knows such monitors - please write ..
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------------
Also, I have not found information anywhere about the sampling frequency (what is the sampling frequency of the iLoud MTM monitor?), And I did not find anything about their DSP chips / converters ...
LIO-8 3D Metric Halo came to me, and we know that there is DA Class Mastering (very high quality conversion from Digital to Analog) ... If I feed this Analog signal to the iLoud MTM monitor via XLR (balanced) - as I understand it , the monitor will convert my analog signal again. How do their converters distort / spoil the quality signal?
I have not found answers to these questions ..
I wrote them to the IK Multimedia company - but they have not sent answers yet .. They sent them a "standard answer" - with links to their official website ... There is no information on their website (I read / looked all the documents there).

We see information on Thomann about the Neumann KH 80 DSP monitor, where it is specifically written - 24-Bit 48 kHz signal processing!
This means that if I work with a 96kHz or 192kHz project at 32 bits, will all my Quality be "COMPRESSED" in the monitor while listening?
Does this mean that monitors with such a Low DSP process are not suitable for those people who work at other sampling frequency?

What do you know / think about this?
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospect View Post
I'm having similar issues with mine. I've had them since last March (2020) and they recently starting making 'farting' sounds, even at very low levels with the LF rolled back. Occassionaly (and unpredictable) when I turn them on, they make a blaring painful and ultra loud sound. It stays on making that awful sound until you cycle the power. My previous monitor sets lasted me nearly a decade (small Genelecs and Mackie HR824's). It hasn't even been a year and my iLoud MTM's are starting to fail.
No farting here, although that could also be related to the very low listening levels I was using them pretty much all the time, but that noise at full volume which occurs randomly when powering on the monitor is indeed awful. Never had anything like it on any of the monitors I had or worked with.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Hello, everybody. I'm going to buy iLoud mtm and want to ask you guys about stands for my desk. I want to use them on low levels and close to my ears to prevent reflections as much as I can on this stage. So I find this one on Thomann:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/km_231503.htm
So my question is would it be enough to hold MTM on the desk at the ears level or they are too light.

I know there is another model
https://www.thomann.de/intl/km_23325...hone_stand.htm
more heavy but I'm quite often traveling and moving from one place to another so weight is a something I like to minimize if it possible..
Thank you!
Old 2 days ago
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Each speaker weights 2.5kg, so I guess any decent mic stand will work.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yep. I've got a set of the Micros and decent tabletop mic stands work just fine, IMO.
📝 Reply