The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AudioScape Engineering Co. showcasing NEW Products at NAMM 2019!
Old 21st January 2019
Gear Nut

AudioScape Engineering Co. showcasing NEW Products at NAMM 2019!

Hello All!!

We are proud to announce that we will be at NAMM 2019!

BOOTH 16128 - ACC NORTH - LEVEL 1

We will be exhibiting with our good friends Vanguard Audio Labs and Flock Audio!

Come say HI and check out / DEMO our Top 3 Products - BUSS Compressor / 76A / OPTO Compressor

We will also be showing 3 NEW products that have not yet been released:
D-Comp Limiter
V-Comp Tube Compressor
EQP-A Tube Equalizer

Hope to see you all there!

Again, we will be at:

BOOTH 16128 - ACC NORTH - LEVEL 1

Thanks to everyone and we hope to see you there!!
All the BEST,
Chris
Owner / Operator
AudioScape Engineering Co.
Old 22nd January 2019
Lives for gear

Anybody at the show who can report back on the V-Comp and D-Comp, I would love to hear some info.

The V-Comp, from what I can tell from the Audioscape Facebook page looks to be a Gates Sta-Level clone with a NOS 6386 tube. I have the Retro, but who couldn't use another Sta or two in their rack?

The D-Comp, which I am very interested in looks like an EMI Zener, which I have no familiarity with, but really love the drum clips on the Audioscape web site.
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by swafford View Post
Anybody at the show who can report back on the V-Comp and D-Comp, I would love to hear some info.

The V-Comp, from what I can tell from the Audioscape Facebook page looks to be a Gates Sta-Level clone with a NOS 6386 tube. I have the Retro, but who couldn't use another Sta or two in their rack?

The D-Comp, which I am very interested in looks like an EMI Zener, which I have no familiarity with, but really love the drum clips on the Audioscape web site.
No experience w/the V-Comp but the D-Comp is indeed amazing!

From what I understand, it's topology is zener diode based but like all of the AudioScape stuff, it has Chris' magic touch added to the circuit.

I know he's very careful whenever certain names or models are mentioned in reference to his stuff... Undestandably so. But it's fairly clear what each piece was born from.

Anyhow! You're spot on regarding what these 2 new products are "inspired by"; they just have Chris' magic touch. I can assure you the D-Comp is as amazing as it looks!
Old 28th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1984 View Post
I know he's very careful whenever certain names or models are mentioned in reference to his stuff... Undestandably so. But it's fairly clear what each piece was born from.

Anyhow! You're spot on regarding what these 2 new products are "inspired by"; they just have Chris' magic touch. I can assure you the D-Comp is as amazing as it looks!
I appreciate his naming approach from an ethical viewpoint, not sure if there's a legal reason, there's definitely not a marketing one. GS is littered with people who cream their jeans in anticipation of buying 'Acme AC-87' because '87'.

Anywho, thanks for the input. I hope he took the redeye and is updating that website because I can use that D-Comp yesterday!! HAHA, just kidding. I'm a patient man.
Old 11th February 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1984 View Post
No experience w/the V-Comp but the D-Comp is indeed amazing!

From what I understand, it's topology is zener diode based but like all of the AudioScape stuff, it has Chris' magic touch added to the circuit.

I demonstrated the D-comp and it was incredible! So musical sounding, from subtle to fat sounding! I’m gonna buy one for sure!
Old 28th February 2019
Gear Nut

You guys ALL ROCK! THANK YOU!!!

Next batch of D-Comps will be released VERY SOON (and then after this introductory period, will be available as regular stock like our other products).

V-Comp to be officially released next... which will also be sooooooooooon!

All the support means the WORLD to us!!
Old 28th February 2019
Lives for gear

1176 blue stripe, 4000 bus comp and the LA-2a clones are currently in stock.
Old 1st March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
1176 blue stripe, 4000 bus comp and the LA-2a clones are currently in stock.
This is correct, sans the Buss Comp! Just sold the last one we had in stock; but we basically never have an issue with stock on these (don't have to wait on xformers, etc) so typically, the longest someone would have to wait to purchase a Buss Comp would be a couple days...!

Thanks for updating people, however! AND, for the kind words you've said about us in many other posts around the forum.
Old 1st March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lest View Post
I demonstrated the D-comp and it was incredible! So musical sounding, from subtle to fat sounding! I’m gonna buy one for sure!
The D-Comp is quite literally, insane. Thanks for the kind words! We're proud as hell of the D (it was quite an accomplishment to get the thing off the ground, sounding the way it does, for the price we're currently selling them for, which is an introductory price).

Regular price will be $1,199
Old 1st March 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioScape View Post
The D-Comp is quite literally, insane. Thanks for the kind words! We're proud as hell of the D (it was quite an accomplishment to get the thing off the ground, sounding the way it does, for the price we're currently selling them for, which is an introductory price).

Regular price will be $1,199
I’m ready to buy! I have literally 5 seconds to get one - LOL!
Old 1st March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lest View Post
I’m ready to buy! I have literally 5 seconds to get one - LOL!

DUDE. The first batch of 5 introductory priced units. Yeah. WOW.

We could have never IMAGINED they would ALL sell within 15 seconds, you're obviously already aware. That is total madness!

Anyhow, the second batch of 5 D-Comps should be ready to go by next week!

We'll let everyone know via our newsletter (sign up at audio-scape.com if you haven't already!) and on Instagram, where you'll get the latest on everything AudioScape
Old 1st March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for updating people, however! AND, for the kind words you've said about us in many other posts around the forum.
You're welcome. I am just very happy that there is now an affordably priced alternative to the Company That Shall Not Be Named who have had 3-4 years to get tihs together but haven't.

Best of luck, I will be a future customer soon.
Old 1st March 2019
I will NOT miss the v comp

I cannot.
Old 2nd March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
You're welcome. I am just very happy that there is now an affordably priced alternative to the Company That Shall Not Be Named who have had 3-4 years to get tihs together but haven't.

Best of luck, I will be a future customer soon.
You rock, man!

Not to mention, all of our products are truly built by hand, one at a time in small batches, IN THE USA; as you're well aware.

Can't wait to have you join the rapidly-expanding AudioScape Family!

Old 2nd March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer View Post
I will NOT miss the v comp

I cannot.
Man... The V-Comp is completely nuts. For vocals, it's like the god of compressors.

We will post here, and our usual social avenues (Instagram being our primary and preferred) as well as send out an e-mail blast shortly before the first batch of V-Comps are ready to go!

Making waves....! We're in truly uncharted waters over here. And it's amazing
Old 2nd March 2019
Lives for gear

Looking forward to buying several of your products when I get situated in my new space.

My parents and sister live in Daytona so I am there regularly!
Old 2nd March 2019
Lives for gear

Chris, if i bought one of your opto comps right now, and a second one say next month/in two months... will they match? is there a way for me to easily match them myself? cheers!
Old 2nd March 2019
Gear Head

I'm seriously starting to eye this V-Comp as a special sauce compressor for vocals!
Old 2nd March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuchsia View Post
I'm seriously starting to eye this V-Comp as a special sauce compressor for vocals!
If it's anything like a Sta, it will be the bomb for vocals. I adore my Retro and may have to get the V and see what's what side by side.

Or another Weight Tank Comp.

....or the D-Comp.

Or that Opto....

Man it's a great time to be a lover of compressors.
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post
Chris, if i bought one of your opto comps right now, and a second one say next month/in two months... will they match? is there a way for me to easily match them myself? cheers!
Absolutely! We've implemented an easy way for the end user to match Opto Comps to each other if they so desire (there's also a 1/4" jack in the back if you'd like to stereo link the GR)

We can walk you through the relatively simple process using the internal trim pots to match two units to each other as close as possible. This process will also be documenting in the upcoming manuals for all of our current products!
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuchsia View Post
The V-Comp is GODLY on Vocals (and bass) in particular; just as one would expect!

"Special Sauce" is probably the best phrase to explain what it's capable of on vocals.

I've also used this one: "it's like pouring jalapeno-infused honey over your audio".

Thick, Intimate and Authoritative
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
If it's anything like a Sta, it will be the bomb for vocals. I adore my Retro and may have to get the V and see what's what side by side.

Or another Weight Tank Comp.

....or the D-Comp.

Or that Opto....

Man it's a great time to be a lover of compressors.
It's the BEST TIME to be a lover of compressors.

Compression is our drug of choice. Lol.

If you want something COMPLETELY different to what you may already have, I'd recommend a D-Comp... especially if you desire insane dynamic manipulation.
Not to mention, the added low-mid push and grind it imparts on audio. Makes things scram in a mix.

THANK YOU!!
Old 3rd March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Absolutely! We've implemented an easy way for the end user to match Opto Comps to each other if they so desire (there's also a 1/4" jack in the back if you'd like to stereo link the GR)

We can walk you through the relatively simple process using the internal trim pots to match two units to each other as close as possible. This process will also be documenting in the upcoming manuals for all of our current products!
thanks for the quick reply! just pulled the trigger on a pair. fast and great communication btw, thanks again Chris!
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post
thanks for the quick reply! just pulled the trigger on a pair. fast and great communication btw, thanks again Chris!
Welcome to the AudioScape Family man!

Thank you for the kind words! Glad to be of service and as always, hope you love them as much as we are proud of them!

Please report back when you have a chance to put the Opto through it's paces! We always love hearing customer feedback.
Old 3rd March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's the BEST TIME to be a lover of compressors.

Compression is our drug of choice. Lol.

If you want something COMPLETELY different to what you may already have, I'd recommend a D-Comp... especially if you desire insane dynamic manipulation.
Not to mention, the added low-mid push and grind it imparts on audio. Makes things scram in a mix.

THANK YOU!!
Chris... can you post a pic of the V Comp and pricing? It’s not on your site... this gives me the sads

If it’s what I think it is I’ll be torn between it and your la2a
Old 3rd March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Chris... can you post a pic of the V Comp and pricing? It’s not on your site... this gives me the sads

If it’s what I think it is I’ll be torn between it and your la2a
I'll let him post the details, (or if you got the Facebook

⚙️This is our best attempt at describing... - AudioScape Engineering Co. | Facebook )

but FYI - the initial D-Comp run went in 15 seconds - I'm sure there is going to be some pent up desire for the V.

The screening and switches on the front plate of the V is identical to a STA, and it's described as

"unadulterated, timeless compression and imparts thick, luscious saturation to any audio run through it’s 7 tubes and big, fat, custom Cinemag Iron."

I remember somewhere reading AudioScape has a trove of NOS 6386s.

so, you know, it is what you think it is.
Old 4th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
I'll let him post the details, (or if you got the Facebook

⚙️This is our best attempt at describing... - AudioScape Engineering Co. | Facebook )

but FYI - the initial D-Comp run went in 15 seconds - I'm sure there is going to be some pent up desire for the V.

The screening and switches on the front plate of the V is identical to a STA, and it's described as

"unadulterated, timeless compression and imparts thick, luscious saturation to any audio run through it’s 7 tubes and big, fat, custom Cinemag Iron."

I remember somewhere reading AudioScape has a trove of NOS 6386s.

so, you know, it is what you think it is.
The above says it all! ;-)

We will be putting it up on the website very soon.

Introductory pricing will be: $1,199 !!

Regarding the V-Comp vs. Opto Comp, IMO, they both do very different "things" to audio. The Opto Comp is smooth and creamy (as an optical tube compressor should be) and the V-Comp is BIG and BOLD (as these oldddd variable-mu designs tend to be).

It's more a decision of which flavor is going to work best for the types of music / material you work on most. Both are equally amazing on vocals and bass but this is also where the divergence starts happening as far as timbre, tone, etc.

If you'd like to PM me for more details or help in deciding which compressor would be best suited for you, please do not hesitate! I'd be happy to run a couple of your own audio files through one or the other if it may be helpful!

Attached Thumbnails
AudioScape Engineering Co. showcasing NEW Products at NAMM 2019!-v-comp-ig-glam-ad.jpg  
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

I’ve always thought one grabs the STA once you have your 1176, la2a, maybe la3a or 4a covered...
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

I feel in the next few weeks I’m going to make my very 1st purchase. This gear is barely sold on the used market so I guess I have to work hard to play harder.
Old 4th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
The above says it all! ;-)

We will be putting it up on the website very soon.

Introductory pricing will be: $1,199 !!

Regarding the V-Comp vs. Opto Comp, IMO, they both do very different "things" to audio. The Opto Comp is smooth and creamy (as an optical tube compressor should be) and the V-Comp is BIG and BOLD (as these oldddd variable-mu designs tend to be).

It's more a decision of which flavor is going to work best for the types of music / material you work on most. Both are equally amazing on vocals and bass but this is also where the divergence starts happening as far as timbre, tone, etc.

If you'd like to PM me for more details or help in deciding which compressor would be best suited for you, please do not hesitate! I'd be happy to run a couple of your own audio files through one or the other if it may be helpful!

Good lord. It's beautiful... I'm so bummed. I just recently had some things happen in life that really prevent me from investing in this baby for about a year. Please don't stop offering it! I'll join the party eventually haha
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search