The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Eventide Releases New Instant Phaser Mk II - Own A Piece of Audio History
Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear

Just purchased for the intro price.

This is a very good phaser with a lot of character, but can be pretty subtle when you dial things back. Very impressed.
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepone View Post
Finding this a big improvement over the first version, regarding the download I just used the single installer for the mk2 version, everything worked.

Instant Phaser Mk II Support | Eventide
Same here. Excellent sound!
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Finally got a chance to play with this, fantastic, way better than the original phaser which I rarely used.
I noticed if you overdrive the inputs and outputs, it completely changes the sound, in a really nice way.
Old 10th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by btfnk View Post
I'm also finding the LFO shape odd. I'm all for them modeling the hardware accurately but next to the "Age" control it really needs a "Smooth" knob to smooth out the oscillator. I saw the youtube about how it's not really a normal triangle, but to my ears it's much more than that. It almost sounds like it has a jitter on one end of the cycle. On some sources, at certain speeds, it becomes very noticeable and not in a nice way.
Agreed. The internal oscillator has an odd quality to the shape. While less noticeable at slow and very slow sweeps, as the freq goes up it's not so nice. But, the quality of the phase sound itself makes me happy and there's lots of other ways to control the sweep. I'm exploring possibilities with the envelope follower and that's giving me some new ideas for live playing. My other "go to" is the Fix Phaser which I also like very much. Almost didn't bother to take a chance of this Eventide, but now glad I did at the intro price.
Old 10th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Joe View Post
I thought reverbs were software even in the hardware units.
... hold up, let me get my comfy pants on and settle in to watch this!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search