The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Unity Audio - the new Rock MK-III 2 way active monitor Studio Monitors
Old 4th February 2019
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=mista min;13787005]I would say comparing to the Adam S1 or S2, the unity has a much better stereo image.
Also, you have a wonderful stereo field on the Rock

It's just some speakers in a similar price range had a bit better stereo image and some others didn't....

To be honest, I never really liked the super rock, but the the Rock and the Boulder are amazing[/QUOTE
Yea the rocks are scalpel detail city not pleasing to the mix I usually like speakers exactly like that.Unity Audio stuff its great.
Old 4th February 2019
Lives for gear
I guess everybody's ears is diffrent. I have not heard the Rock mk3 yet. I loved my mk2 Rocks. I do not have them no more. But not at any time did they remind me of Adam monitors. I really do not like the Adam sound. As of now I have the Hedd type 20 monitors. Also have ribbon tweeters and it does not sound like the Adam's or the Rocks. But I heard the boulders mk3 at Aes. I wanted them but they are prob to big for my room. Also cannot afford them. I am wondering if the Mk3 do they sound closer to the boulders mk3? I really miss the Rock mk3 and was wondering about the mk3 monitors.
Old 5th February 2019
Gear Nut

Spektor,

You were so enthusiastic about the HEDD Type 20. Why are you now second guessing your move to them? Do you perceive a difference in the imaging between the Unity Audio Rock MKII and the HEDD Type 20? Which one seems to be brighter to you? Which one has a more natural timbre?

Thanks
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear
Anyway I was second guessing. I am not no more. I put in a wider placement and now I am fine with the Hedd monitors. I have a stupid issue that somtimes I want a quick fix. Instead of me just getting to work and figuring out the problem I need to solve in a mix.
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear
Also I feel if I did not have the Hedd monitors I would prob be missing them too
Old 6th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by spektor View Post
Anyway I was second guessing. I am not no more. I put in a wider placement and now I am fine with the Hedd monitors. I have a stupid issue that somtimes I want a quick fix. Instead of me just getting to work and figuring out the problem I need to solve in a mix.
Yea, your not the only one... I think we all suffer from G. A. S. in this way.

I never got warm to HEDD, though I haven't heard them that much. Just twice.

The Boulder is amazing and size isn't an issue... I'm a proponent of big speakers in near field and use a pair of B&W standing speakers within 2 meters distance... Love it. (Also, I know lots of guys who sit pretty close to their big ATC, Adam's or PSI 3 way speakers). YMMV
Old 3rd March 2019
Here for the gear

DSP on Rock mk3

Hi there, was hoping for a little more info on the DSP version. Also do the new amps and drivers in the mk3 extend the low end frequency response?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search