The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Heritage Audio Announces the New SUCCESSOR Bus Compressor
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by idmmer417 View Post
This pretty much sums my experience with the compressor as well. I thought about returning it at first but then decide to learn more about this compressor and now it is quite growing on me. Instead of using it on mix bus, try using it on other stereo bus like guitar, drum, synth groups. Also I like it with "Blend" switch on with 80-90 percent wet.
It's an interesting piece that really grew on me. In some ways, I think the Neve style faceplate does it a disservice. It has a couple very unique tricks up its sleeve, and performs very well in many traditional duties too.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by espen askelad View Post
Give it a little more time. I spent a few weeks with one for review and at first I didn't care for that much. It doesn't have much immediate wow factor, but spending time with it, it starts to really reveal have useful it is. On bass guitar, piano, overheads, snares - really liked it! I had good luck with it on drum busses as well. I had a similar experience with the Overstayers SFE - at first I felt underwhelmed with it not doing what I expected it to do, but after a bit of time working with it and getting to know it, it became a pretty critical part of my chain in places I might not have expected.
Well I did try it on a parallel drum bus and it really has some bottom...I added the bass in parallel with the drums and it seemed to really lock those 2 in pretty well...I think you may have been right about giving it a bit more time because what it's doing for me now is really cool! Good call...I wanted to try the Plugin Alliance version of the shadow hills mastering comp on a few things and between that plugin and the Successor for a parallel drum compressor I much preferred the Successor...Again lots of BOOM!
Not sure if that is a good place for the Shadow Hills plugin, but as I said I wanted to check it out

Gonna keep working with the successor...I still have some time before I have to keep it or send it back
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Is the Stam SA-4000 MK1 in the same league as this unit? Sound-wise.
Old 3 weeks ago
JGM
Lives for gear

Here’s a review of this box w/ lots of sound examples:
https://youtu.be/zMtiz7gNsc4
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Audio View Post
successor
Hey Heritage Audio,

Can you confirm if the threshold and or wet dry mix pots are stepped? If so, how many positions are they (for example the Elysia stuff is 40 detents.) It’s critical for me in the way I work/ handle fast turn around on mix revisions.

Echoing others here, and with the greatest of respect...

It’s baffling to me that through the paragraphs of hyperbole on your site on the product, and even on the product manual, there is no mention of this. Let alone technical specs like noise floor etc etc.

Very interested in one if I can get some more actual details!

Cheers,

Oz
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Hey Heritage Audio,

Can you confirm if the threshold and or wet dry mix pots are stepped? If so, how many positions are they (for example the Elysia stuff is 40 detents.) It’s critical for me in the way I work/ handle fast turn around on mix revisions.

Echoing others here, and with the greatest of respect...

It’s baffling to me that through the paragraphs of hyperbole on your site on the product, and even on the product manual, there is no mention of this. Let alone technical specs like noise floor etc etc.

Very interested in one if I can get some more actual details!

Cheers,

Oz
I am not HA, but I have a Successor and everything is stepped.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley View Post
I am not HA, but I have a Successor and everything is stepped.
Awesome, thanks for confirming!

Could you possibly tell me how many detents the threshold and mix knob have? Do you find it easy to recall?

Also, how’s the unit in terms of noise?

Many thanks!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Awesome, thanks for confirming!

Could you possibly tell me how many detents the threshold and mix knob have? Do you find it easy to recall?

Also, how’s the unit in terms of noise?

Many thanks!
Threshold and Mix both have 40 detents. I have not needed to recall a mix used with the Successor yet but it looks pretty simple. I take photos and upload into this free plug in by these guys

https://non-lethal-applications.com/products/snapshot

also I don't notice any noise in my unit
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley View Post
Threshold and Mix both have 40 detents. I have not needed to recall a mix used with the Successor yet but it looks pretty simple. I take photos and upload into this free plug in by these guys

https://non-lethal-applications.com/products/snapshot

also I don't notice any noise in my unit
Very cool, sounds like it’s for me then! Thanks again for the insight.

That plugin looks killer too! Will defo grab it.

Cheers mate!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search