The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
McDSP Announces 6060 Ultimate Module Collection Plugin Bundles
Old 15th January 2019
News Desk Editor

McDSP Announces 6060 Ultimate Module Collection

McDSP Announces 6060 Ultimate Module Collection-6060_modules_work-1-.jpg

McDSP Announces 6060 Ultimate Module Collection

McDSP will be heading to NAMM 2019, held January 24-27, 2019 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. Visit booth number, 14905, located in the North Hall to check out the all new 6060 Ultimate Module Collection!

The 6060 Ultimate Module Collection contains the largest collection of processing options of any module-based plug-in available. The 6060 includes over 30 unique modules for EQ, compression, saturation, distortion, specialized filtering, dynamic range expansion, gating, and more. Custom modules include bass optimized biasing for the larger than life low end, transformer-based tone shaping circuits for high end shine, tape simulation, de-essing and new EQ and compression designs. Additional modules are already in the works.

The 6060 allows up to six modules to be operated at once. Modules can be arranged in any order and swapped on the fly using the module selector panel, or from the popup menu in each module. Any combination of modules can even be split into two separate signal paths for some serious parallel processing.

The 6060 also includes updated compression algorithms not available in the 6050 Ultimate Channel Strip or the original 6030 Ultimate Compressor. Improvements include feedback and feedforward processing, and the rare option of negative compression on a few select modules. The 6060 is indeed, the ultimate module collection.

Features:
• Largest collection of processing options of any module-based plug-in
• Easy drag and drop, on the fly module auditioning
• Split Mode operation for two separate parallel signal paths • Analog Saturation Modeling
• Double precision processing
• Ultra low latency

Come by our booth for a hands-on demo of the 6060 as well as top plug-ins like the NR800 Noise Reduction Processor, the EC-300 Echo Collection, and the Emmy Award winning SA-2 Dialog Processor.

Live Colin’s Corner shows will be running Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 11am, 1pm and 3pm – guest engineers include Keith Rogers, Brad Wood, Brian Malouf, Richard Chyki, Bob Horn, Richard Furch, and ROCAsound! Check our website for a complete list of Colin’s Corner guests, dates and times. Free product raffles and a coveted McDSP t-shirt will be given away at all live shows.

More information is available at: McDSP | Professional Audio Plug-Ins
Attached Thumbnails
McDSP Announces 6060 Ultimate Module Collection-6060_modules_work-1-.jpg  
Old 15th January 2019
Path upgrade for 6020/6030/6050 owners?
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear

I hope there will be a cross grade for owners of 6020, 630 and 6050. This seems to me like an upgrade to 6050 most of all. I will not be paying 249 dollars for a few more modules.
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
Path upgrade for 6020/6030/6050 owners?
I can see nothing on the website to suggest this. Yet...
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear

It’s confusing when the company presents the product looking like hardware but it’s actually software.
Old 16th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS-12 View Post
It’s confusing when the company presents the product looking like hardware but it’s actually software.
Yeah and in the mail they sent they actually render the inside of the modules as if it was hardware...
Old 17th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Yes. It only adds a few modules. The E404 got uglier. Lol. Things can use a hidden feature like hiding the extra slots, metering etc. Nothing above 99$. 49$ for an upgrade is not bad. No difference in sound. The new module is not even spectacular to begin with.
Old 21st January 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Oh wait!
It is hardware... kinda!

APB-16
Old 21st January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by casiotone View Post
Oh wait!
It is hardware... kinda!

APB-16
I was gonna "yea, the only hardware part is the iLok",
but that APB-16 is very very interesting
Old 21st January 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
yea, the only hardware part is the iLok
No, really. Check the link.
It's an analog process box.
A thing like UAD, but actually analog
Old 21st January 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
I was gonna "yea, the only hardware part is the iLok",
but that APB-16 is very very interesting
exciting!
Old 21st January 2019
Gear Maniac
I appreciate McDSP. One of the few developers that look forward. APB-16 looks very interesting
Old 21st January 2019
Lives for gear

No upgrade for 6020/6030/6050 owners is just ridiculous.
Old 21st January 2019
I believe the 6060 is a software VST only. No hardware.

Separate from that, it appears they are announcing - what they call - an APB-16 World's First Programmable Analog Processor.

This is copied from the email I received from McDSP today:

"The McDSP Analog Processing Box (APB) combines the flexibility of software with the fidelity of premium analog processing. Each channel can be controlled by a Pro Tools plug-in giving true digital workflow with genuine analog performance. Processing options include compressors, mastering limiters, transient enhancement devices, multi-channel and multi-band applications, and so much more… we’re only getting started.

IT'S HARDWARE
• Programmable analog processing
• Premium analog components
• Multiple analog saturation circuits
• 32-bit DAC and ADC
• Thunderbolt 2 and 3 compatible
• Manufactured in the United States

THAT INCLUDES SOFTWARE
• APB-ready software plug-in bundle included
• Sample accurate automation
• Full session recall and preset handling

The APB-16 Analog Processing Box release date is Q2 2019, and will be available through select dealers only. Stay tuned for the latest information and announcements about the APB-16."

But I could be wrong.

EDIT: I see a few others beat me to this. I'll leave it, though.
Old 21st January 2019
Lives for gear

arghhh few days ago mcdsp 6030 was $29, now its back to $129+... why didnt i buy it than oh why why why.. :((((
Old 21st January 2019
Lives for gear

wait APB-16 will be AAX (or pro-tool) only ?
no VST ?
Old 21st January 2019
Quote:
wait APB-16 will be AAX (or pro-tool) only ?
no VST ?
That's what the email i received from them indicated. So, unless something changes, that appears to be correct.
Old 23rd January 2019
Here for the gear

How many ilok authorisations?

How many ilok authorisations do i get?
Old 25th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Q2 release. Price to be determined.

Old 25th January 2019
osk
Gear Head

Upgrade path? We have to keep asking..
Old 29th January 2019
osk
Gear Head

Upgrade path? We will keep asking.. it needs more cowbell!!
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

Upgrade paths, please!

I emailed McDSP a week ago asking about this and I haven’t received any answer.
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear

They told me at name no upgrade path because it has new functionality and modules. guess we just wait for the sale prices.
Old 1st February 2019
osk
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by w_stylz View Post
They told me at name no upgrade path because it has new functionality and modules. guess we just wait for the sale prices.
Yep, I've got the same response.
Because the 6060 has been re-done from the ground up as described below, instead of offering an upgrade path for the 6050, we are offering the introductory pricing until 2/15/2019.

I was going to reply saying something along the lines of.. is there any distinction between a MCDSP supporter ( 6050 owner ) and someone new to MCDSP on the introductory price? .. I think we should reply ..
Old 1st February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by osk View Post
Yep, I've got the same response.
Because the 6060 has been re-done from the ground up as described below, instead of offering an upgrade path for the 6050, we are offering the introductory pricing until 2/15/2019. :
This is such an unwise business practice.

The people most likely to be interested in the 6060 collection are the people who already bought the 6050 because they like Colin's products. But those people already bought the vast majority of these modules when they paid for the 6050. For those people, this is just an incremental upgrade. So, while they would be the people most interested in buying more of Colin's products, he's preventing a lot of them from handing over their money by forcing them to re-buy stuff they already bought.

He can set his prices as he wishes, but I'm pretty sure that he would make a lot more money from the lots of people who would pay a modest upgrade price than he will off the few people who are going to pay $200 that mostly reflects re-buying stuff they already own.
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
...it has new functionality and modules.
When the hell else would somebody want to upgrade?

Call it a crossgrade... whatever... but what a lame way to treat customers (which I am not).
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
When the hell else would somebody want to upgrade?

Call it a crossgrade... whatever... but what a lame way to treat customers (which I am not).
I’m not disagreeing.
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I’m not disagreeing.
Sorry mate. As you were relaying what they told you at NAMM, I was directing my puzzled question at them.

Wasn't trying to shoot the messenger. Cheers
Old 1st February 2019
Gear Maniac

Another very disappointing decision by McDSP. They're making it very hard for existing customers to continue to support them.
Old 4th February 2019
Brb
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammynOut View Post
Q2 release. Price to be determined.

I can't wait to see the processors they come up with this

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search