The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fuse Audio Labs releases the VCL-864U Vintage Tube Limiter/Compressor
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Addict

Software Fuse Audio Labs releases the VCL-864U Vintage Tube Limiter/Compressor

Fuse Audio Labs presents the VCL-864U Vintage Tube Limiter/Compressor plugin

Available for Mac OS and Windows in AAX, AU, VST2.4 and VST3 in 32 and 64 bits.

FUSE AUDIO LABS BRINGS YOU THE VCL-864U, A FAITHFUL EMULATION OF A CLASSIC 50S TUBE LIMITER/COMPRESSOR.

ON SALE FOR ONLY $29 UNTIL FEBRUARY 15TH 2019! (REGULAR $69)

ABOUT THE VCL-864U PLUGIN

The VCL-864U is an uncompromising recreation of an iconic tube limiter packed with powerful added controls and capabilities. This plugin is primed and ready to do incredible things for your mixes, but believe it or not, the limiter it’s modeled after has its roots placed firmly in wartime communications, not music. It was mostly used by the US military during the Korean War. Its original manual even included handy tips for how to keep the device out of enemy hands and several methods of destruction. Word eventually got out that about the device’s superior compression abilities, and it became highly sought after in communities of audio engineers and music producers.

Using modern circuit-modeling techniques, all aspects of the original model are mirrored in this plugin down to the smallest detail. A high-powered set of versatile features have been added, including switchable release times, a side chain high pass and a dry/wet control to streamline your ITB workflow. The result is a vintage tube limiter with an outstanding range that gives you everything from thin and transparent to gritty, distorted operation without ever losing its unique easy-going vintage vibe.

The VCL-864U includes
  • A precise emulation of the original circuit
  • A compensated input gain control
  • Selectable release time constants
  • An optional side chain high pass
  • Adjustable optional noise floor level capabilities
  • A dry/wet mix
  • A linear output control

Uses for the VCL-864U
  • Tame and tone highly dynamic material including vocals, drums and orchestral tracks
  • Limit the dynamic range of your signals transparently or obtrusively
  • Squash your signals and then dial back the mix for parallel operation
  • Breathe gentle coloration into your sources
  • Add a unique, pleasant character to your mixes

Download your fully functional 14-day trial here

THE PROTOTYPE UNIT

Here is a close-up of the hardware device that was rebuilt using NOS components and which the VCL-864U was modeled after/matched with.

TRIALS AND PLUGIN ACTIVATION

You can test our plugins without any restrictions for 14 days. Simply click the "Activate Trial" button in the plug-in GUI after the installation to start your trial period. To activate your full license you can purchase a product activation key on our website. The activation key will be sent to you by email once the payment process has been completed, successfully. Click "Activate plug-in..." in the plug-in GUI or the drop down menu below, enter your email and product activation key and hit the "Activate" button to proceed.

FAQS AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT

An overview of Frequently Asked Questions can be found under the following link on our website

FAQ

Our tech support can be reached via the following link

Support Form

Best,
Ray | Fuse Audio Labs

Last edited by fuseaudiolabs; 16th January 2019 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: Adding HW picture
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Nice, love it on bass!
Tested and bought!
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear

Aww, damn it Ray.
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear

installed! let's see.....

Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear

Ray, I think it will be more effective if I just set my paypal account to be automatically charged whenever a new fuse audio plugin comes out.
rsp
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear

Site is deader than dead...
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear
A Federal AM-864 emulation? Who could've guessed this was coming!

I really need to stop buying plugins but with these intro prices it's almost impossible to say no.
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear

I am pretty sure I wont' have any complaints of the audio, but GUI wise the notch on the knob are to me hard to see. Maybe a thicker white line or a different colour?
thanks
rsp

Edit: also is the db attenuation meter working properly in vst3? I have to really do some serious compression for it to even budge.
rsp
Attached Thumbnails
Fuse Audio Labs releases the VCL-864U Vintage Tube Limiter/Compressor-screen-shot-2019-01-14-12.18.36-pm.jpg  
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Guru

Instabuy is not something I do, but it is now and oh man. Thank you, Ray!! This is a fcuking lovely mover! Bubbly release groove hugger. Pillowy. Love it!

I might have to travel to Germany for some face to face over beer glasses persuasion behind this urge of mine for a PYE comp, as you are definitely the man to execute it in the most amazing fashion.
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
I am pretty sure I wont' have any complaints of the audio, but GUI wise the notch on the knob are to me hard to see. Maybe a thicker white line or a different colour?
thanks
rsp
Hey zvenx,

This was brought up during the beta, so the stripe was even thinner
Let's see if it can be optimized a bit more in a future update.

Best,
Ray
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
I might have to travel to Germany for some face to face over beer glasses persuasion behind this urge of mine for a PYE comp, as you are definitely the man to execute it in the most amazing fashion.
Yeah I'll join you!! That PYE absolutely needs to happen!!

@ fuseaudiolabs : Congratulations on the release! This one is yet another gem.
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
thanks
rsp
I agree with this.
It would be easier to see red, but thicker white would do as well.
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hey Karloff70,

hehe, that almost sounds like a deal...then again, it would be more economic to start a brewery given the amount of PYE requests, recently

Best,
Ray
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
A Federal AM-864 emulation? Who could've guessed this was coming!
I know someone who knew
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Addict

Ray. You’re a legend. The GUI on this is killer too.
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tan View Post

Site is deader than dead...
Hi A Tan,

can you elaborate what happens? The entire site or just the product page?
Have you tried a different browser?

I'm sure we can get this sorted.
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear
Ray, out of curiosity, which Release setting best approximates the hardware? Didn't see that mentioned in the manual. Assuming it's the 1sec, but figured I'd ask.

My interface has been acting up since the most recent Windows update, so I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet. Hoping I can troubleshoot that in short order.
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuseaudiolabs View Post
Hi A Tan,

can you elaborate what happens? The entire site or just the product page?
Have you tried a different browser?

I'm sure we can get this sorted.
Tried two browsers, no soup for me (site just won't respond to clicks on product page). eventually I managed to DL (with MS).

tnx
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Instabuy is not something I do, but it is now and oh man. Thank you, Ray!! This is a fcuking lovely mover! Bubbly release groove hugger. Pillowy. Love it!

Groove hugger and pillowy but not mushy is exactly how I would describe this. Overall musical and transparent but adds width and that tube goodness. It can get dirty when pushed. I need to look into the hw, it isnt too expensive but seems limited in its discussion.

BTW the Pye 4060 has been done in plugin form. Unfortunately its not a single module and isnt $29. lt is a really well done compressor though if you havent tried it.
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Ray, out of curiosity, which Release setting best approximates the hardware? Didn't see that mentioned in the manual. Assuming it's the 1sec, but figured I'd ask.

My interface has been acting up since the most recent Windows update, so I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet. Hoping I can troubleshoot that in short order.
1 second is the original stock release time constant, exactly.
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tan View Post
Tried two browsers, no soup for me (site just won't respond to clicks on product page). eventually I managed to DL (with MS).

tnx
Which browser do you use usually? Where are you located?
Feel free to respond via PM.
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Groove hugger and pillowy but not mushy is exactly how I would describe this. Overall musical and transparent but adds width and that tube goodness. I need to look into the hw, it isnt too expensive but seems limited in its discussion.

BTW the Pye 4060 has been done in plugin form. Unfortunately its not a single module and isnt $29. lt is a really well done compressor though if you havent tried it.
Who (other than Waves who I don't use anything from and Acustica, who I have become dismayed with because of the nonsense it does to my computer and also the slight 'sound of the sampler' all their stuff sounds like) has done a PYE??
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear

I added it to my previous post but it may not have been seen by Ray... is the vst3 attenuation meter working properly?
Seems I have to do lots of compression for it to even budge.
rsp
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
.. Acustica, who I have become dismayed with because of the nonsense it does to my computer and also the slight 'sound of the sampler' all their stuff sounds like)..
too bad your circumstances can't allow you to appreciate this one..

Old 14th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
I added it to my previous post but it may not have been seen by Ray... is the vst3 attenuation meter working properly?
Seems I have to do lots of compression for it to even budge.
rsp
You mean in Studio One?

I recommend to read the notes section under “Ratio” and check the measurements in the manual to see how the ratio setting affects the threshold. Perhaps what you’re experiencing is related to that?

If that’s the case, the strategy is to crank up the threshold or even increase the input drive for the higher ratios when that happens.
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Who (other than Waves who I don't use anything from and Acustica, who I have become dismayed with because of the nonsense it does to my computer and also the slight 'sound of the sampler' all their stuff sounds like) has done a PYE??
Unfortunately those are the only two atm. The one I was referring to. Really enjoying it on vocals with input pushed to right before it gets dirty. The compression characteristics sort of reenforces the groove for lack of better way to describe it. I know Michael Brauer used/uses one in his setup.

Last edited by Asher Bay; 14th January 2019 at 08:52 PM..
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuseaudiolabs View Post
You mean in Studio One?

I recommend to read the notes section under “Ratio” and check the measurements in the manual to see how the ratio setting affects the threshold. Perhaps what you’re experiencing is related to that?

If that’s the case, the strategy is to crank up the threshold or even increase the input drive for the higher ratios when that happens.

Cubase.
I did... but i have the threshold cranked to about 7, ratio at 4:1 and input high and still it doesn't budge, unless I crank it up even higher.
Anyway maybe it is working as it should if it is only me seeing it.
rsp
Old 14th January 2019
Sure glad i checked my mail today... site, payment and all was working fine about 40 mins ago btw.

First impression - - after El Ray, El Punk? Saved first preset called SOFT BALLAD AGRESHON:)... limiter ratio, about 75% wet.

Thanks so much!
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Addict

Thanks Pye Ray, Pye eager Pye to Pye try Pye this Pye out Pye tomorrow!

Pye.

Also if you could just team up with Standard Audio for Stretch and Level-Or mkII plugins, then give us an optical de-esser, Lang PEQ2, and a UA 610 strip that would be wonderful thanks.
Old 14th January 2019
Here for the gear
I would like to see a Fuse Labs version of the PYE as well...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search