The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
TBProAudio updates gEQ12 to V2.0 for Windows and Mac OS X
Old 13th January 2019
Gear Addict

Software TBProAudio updates gEQ12 to V2.0 for Windows and Mac OS X

TBProAudio has updated gEQ12, a stereo/MS graphic equalizer, to V2.0. It includes many under-the-hood improvements and new features.

gEQ12 offers following features:
  • 12 independent filter bands, extended frequency range 10Hz - 48kHz
  • 16 filter types, analogue/digital design, zero delay IIR
  • NEW: flat tilt filter, zero delay IIR
  • NEW: filter slope from 6 to 96dB
  • NEW: independent stereo/left/right/mid/side processing per band
  • 7 processing modes: zero latency, minimum/linear phase
  • sample rates min. up to 192 kHz
  • "real" over sampling, up to 4x
  • NEW: hi-res spectrum analyzer with 32k FFT
  • NEW: pre/post-EQ spectrum, max/average/live spectrum, stereo/left/right/mid/side
  • smoothed, ISO R40 smoothed and raw data spectrum
  • reference spectrum
  • NEW: EQ cheat sheets
  • NEW: spectrogram
  • NEW: frequency tracker
  • narrow-band sweeping mode
  • spectrum freeze mode
  • sample exact A/B toggle for all processing modes
  • precise parameter input
  • NEW: large, resizable and easy to use GUI
  • NEW: XML based preset management
  • full DAW automation support, smooth parameter change
  • 64-bit internal processing
  • very efficient CPU usage design

System Requirements:
  • Windows XP or newer
  • Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
  • Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS
  • OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS
  • Tested with: Reaper, Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab, FL Studio, ProTools, Logic Pro X, Ableton, Studio One, Reason

Demo version available
Free update for existing customers

Price: 79€
Old 13th January 2019
Lives for gear
I have a couple more days left on my UAD DFC eq and Equilibrium so will be comparing. Minimum phase Max sounds really good but boy does it take some juice. I skipped a demo the first time around but this seems like a solid release.
Old 13th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
I have a couple more days left on my UAD DFC eq and Equilibrium so will be comparing. Minimum phase Max sounds really good but boy does it take some juice. I skipped a demo the first time around but this seems like a solid release.
TBProAudio makes some very good stuff. My favorite dynamic EQ is their dEQ6 which I use all the time to remove problem frequencies (for some reason the sweet spot on that is the 2x oversampling not the 4x). It's very easy to use and very CPU friendly. I actually prefer it to gEQ12.

Also, their limiter SLM2 is one of the best transparent limiters when you turn off the saturation. I usually don't want to add that saturation at the master buss, though it can sound great on certain material. But I seem to remember that you don't do much limiting on the master buss, so that may not interest you.
Old 16th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post
TBProAudio makes some very good stuff. My favorite dynamic EQ is their dEQ6....
Agreed completely... rapidly becoming a fan. I'm blown away by this developer's willingness to listen to customer suggestions and his general responsiveness. He's a rare kind of developer IMO. So you're not only getting a great plugin, you're also getting his uncompromising support.

I haven't purchased gEQ12 yet, but I have recently bought a few of his other plugins, and they are quickly fitting right into my workflow as general workhorses, replacing other more "well known" plugins. I would like to buy gEQ12 too, but I would really like some in/out meters (on both gEQ12 and dEQ6, its dynamic EQ sibling) -- the meters need the standard red peak overage indicators like other similar EQs. The rest of the features are excellent, they sound great, and the developer seems to continually add excellent refinements -- he just added a piano overlay to both dEQ6 and gEQ12, for example, among other refinements. I am hoping he'll consider adding some in/out meters and I'll buy gEQ12 too.

In any case, kudos to this developer. There are not many like him, and let's hope developers like this stay in business for a long, long time.
Old 17th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by uarte View Post
I would like to buy gEQ12 too, but I would really like some in/out meters (on both gEQ12 and dEQ6, its dynamic EQ sibling) -- the meters need the standard red peak overage indicators like other similar EQs.
Well, dEQ6 and gEQ12 share the same code base, so should no be a big deal to get solid meters in. TBProAudio has a lot of them
Old 17th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBProAudio View Post
Well, dEQ6 and gEQ12 share the same code base, so should no be a big deal to get solid meters in. TBProAudio has a lot of them
Fantastic! Yes, very true... you have meters to spare. Looking forward them on both dEQ6 and gEQ12! Any idea on the approximate timeframe?
Old 1st March 2019
Gear Addict

Update to V2.1.0

- Perceptual Loudness Matching (powered by AB-LM Lite)
- Input/Output meters
- GUI: mouse/key binding revised
- Tool tips
Old 1st March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
- Perceptual Loudness Matching (powered by AB-LM Lite)
- Input/Output meters
- GUI: mouse/key binding revised
- Tool tips
Thank you for the fantastic update! I've jumped on board with this plugin too! Loving everything you've done with dEQ6 and gEQ12 in the latest round. Really fantastic updates!

It's tough to imagine you pulled off so many significant improvements in such a short period of time! Bravo! Love the in/out meters, the AB-LM Lite perceptual loudness matching, the subtle refinements everywhere! Just great!

Looking forward to your future work. Hats off, sir!

P.S. - I noticed the 2.2 update as well with the band solo feature -- thank you! Now get some rest!
Old 1st March 2019
Gear Addict

V2.2.0

- Filter Solo
- GUI corrections
(Note: this version is not compatible with previous versions.
Before installation of new version, please rename previous version of the plug-in to "gEQ12_old")
Old 1st March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by uarte View Post
Looking forward to your future work. Hats off, sir!
Thank you for the valuable input. Kept me busy, very fruitful
Old 2nd March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Thank you for the valuable input. Kept me busy, very fruitful
Haha! Glad to help keep you busy. Thank YOU for being so open to feedback from your users!

What isn't evident to people who might stumble upon this particular thread, is that I had the pleasure of a several back and forth exchanges with the developer and I was just so impressed by his responsiveness that I honestly feel lucky to have found his products and I'm now thrilled to be a customer!

Last edited by uarte; 2nd March 2019 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 16th August 2019
Gear Addict

Update 2.2.3:
- Ableton Live/Studio One/FL Studio PDC fix
- Info menu
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search