The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audient Introduces Sono: The World’s First Guitar Recording Interface Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 18th January 2019
Still won't sound better than an audio interface such as RME and Scuffham Amps S-gear
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallon426 View Post
Still won't sound better than an audio interface such as RME and Scuffham Amps S-gear
Time will tell but I suspect that you're right.
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Maniac
the fact that Audient spent even a fraction of their time developing this instead of a rackmount 8 channel standalone interface is insane to me
Old 19th January 2019
Here for the gear

I had owned two Notes Studio - a nice piece of gear but dumped in for Universal Audio OX which is a far superior product.

For that matter, the whole industry is using Universal Audio Apollos probably because you get high quality pre amps that can be used for High Z guitar, or mike for instrument / vocals, zero latency, the top recording hardware found in most studios but expertly modeled in plugins that most pros cant tell the difference between.
Old 20th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker99 View Post
I had owned two Notes Studio - a nice piece of gear but dumped in for Universal Audio OX which is a far superior product.
As an OX owner who'd also considered the Two Notes Studio but never had the chance to compare them directly, I'm glad to hear that. Yes, the OX has been stellar so far.
Old 26th January 2019
News Desk Editor

Old 6th February 2019
Gear Nut

Intrigued. Waiting on more sound samples (higher gain stuff) than what is currently available on YouTube etc. If I cam get some Lynch, EVH, and stuff like that without modeling. I'm in.
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben01930 View Post
Intrigued. Waiting on more sound samples (higher gain stuff) than what is currently available on YouTube etc. If I cam get some Lynch, EVH, and stuff like that without modeling. I'm in.
It doesn't seem like you can get high gain stuff from it unless you use pedals in front of it.
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Of course there are exception, RME being one of them since they're notorious for having great drivers and low latency, but in *general* small audio companies aren't writing better interface drivers than large computer companies who specialize in these things.
And MOTU

In fact the only two companies that do write good drivers, and stand head and shoulders above all of the rest are RME and MOTU. I would argue Zoom should also be included in there, but people could rightfully say its hit or miss. Maybe Lynx as well, though I suspect maybe they had some help on theirs

The fact that there doesn't seem to be some really good third party that even the biggest companies could go to to write drivers is definitely troubling.

Think of the size and power of Behringer/Midas, and as far as I can tell, there's a crappy TheSycon driver for their X32/M32
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search