The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SPL IRON mastering compressor by Brainworx
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
I hear lots of ugly stuff in Abbey Road Vinyl Including warbling bass frequencies which are not related to any input.
Such a shame as there is also something really interesting about the way it effects the overall tonality.
Warbling bass frequencies are the side effects of the vinyl format and the mechanism involved. People just over romanticise vinyl.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.billington View Post
Warbling bass frequencies are the side effects of the vinyl format and the mechanism involved. People just over romanticise vinyl.
Can you post some citations for this? I have been using vinyl since the 70s and have not heard of this. I am not saying it's not true, but I'd like to read about it. Perhaps it's an artifact of the lathe process? Articles would be appreciated.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus View Post
Can you post some citations for this? I have been using vinyl since the 70s and have not heard of this. I am not saying it's not true, but I'd like to read about it. Perhaps it's an artifact of the lathe process? Articles would be appreciated.
Check out the section on rumble for a start.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comp...ital_recording

Motors can also cause vibrations, which in turn can be picked up by the stylus. A lot of this depends on the design and period that the turntable was created in.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Motors can also cause vibrations, which in turn can be picked up by the stylus. A lot of this depends on the design and period that the turntable was created in.
Oh. You are talking about rumble. That's pretty easy to mitigate down to imperceptible levels. I thought there was something in the vinyl cutting process that imparts low end warble. To me that's not rumble. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

What I am hearing is nothing like mechanical noise, it is a very distinct warbling in the bass frequencies which seems to be related to the bass in the audio passing through the plugin it is very ugly and distracting and I haven’t found a way to get rid of it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Guyz are you using the light or full version of abbeyroad vinyl ?

Use the full and put the Wow to Off , (flutter if you need also) .... i made a video on this
Old 1 week ago
Ok, a large off topic discussion, yet I'd like to get back to SPL Iron for a while.

I got it a couple of days ago and it's absolutely amazing. Thought can't get better than Manley Vari-Mu and Shadow Hills from UAD + PSP VintageWarmer 2, but this thing rocks.

It's good, it's sweet actually on ANY setting, and there are many to choose from to give your sound character. It's transparent when you want it, it's gritty when needed. It's got lots of controls, but is as easy as a three-knob comp of any kind.

It's my new fix, along FabFilter Pro-Q3, UAD Manley MassivePassive and PSP Xenon on my mix bus.

Greetings!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveuho View Post
Ok, a large off topic discussion, yet I'd like to get back to SPL Iron for a while.

I got it a couple of days ago and it's absolutely amazing. Thought can't get better than Manley Vari-Mu and Shadow Hills from UAD + PSP VintageWarmer 2, but this thing rocks.

It's good, it's sweet actually on ANY setting, and there are many to choose from to give your sound character. It's transparent when you want it, it's gritty when needed. It's got lots of controls, but is as easy as a three-knob comp of any kind.

It's my new fix, along FabFilter Pro-Q3, UAD Manley MassivePassive and PSP Xenon on my mix bus.

Greetings!
This is one plugin I am hoping for a falsh sale on soon to use personal voucher towards. It seems like one of PA's best offerings and there are many of those.
I am still eager to see what they choose to do for Black Friday as well now that a lot of flash sales have come back.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
This is one plugin I am hoping for a falsh sale on soon to use personal voucher towards. It seems like one of PA's best offerings and there are many of those.
I am still eager to see what they choose to do for Black Friday as well now that a lot of flash sales have come back.
Go and run the demo, man. It's insane, really, it's got just two qualities for everything you feed into it: very good and amazing.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search