The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
StageOne: new plugin for Width & Depth Enhancement by Leapwing Audio Spatial Processor Plugins
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprey View Post
Does this do anything different than the Ozone Imager and its Stereoize feature?
Incomparable - StageOne is leagues better.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
In terms of the "width effect" part of the plugin, does it do something much different than if you pan elements of the mix wider? I understand if you're mastering and are working with just a stereo track, but if mixing, is it much different?

Also, any comparisons to the stereo widener in SPL Vitalizer or Acustica Ceil's spread parameter?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinematree View Post
In terms of the "width effect" part of the plugin, does it do something much different than if you pan elements of the mix wider? I understand if you're mastering and are working with just a stereo track, but if mixing, is it much different?

Also, any comparisons to the stereo widener in SPL Vitalizer or Acustica Ceil's spread parameter?
Wipes the floor with SPL. Much more natural and coherent. The depth this can achieve its also very realistic.

Take it for a spin!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Wipes the floor with SPL. Much more natural and coherent. The depth this can achieve its also very realistic.

Take it for a spin!
Good to know. Will check it out. Thank you @b0se.
Old 5 days ago
We shot a little video at the Dancefair in Utrecht
Old 11 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hackintosh here (HiDPI/Retina) and it looks nice and smooth.

Thanks for the heads up regarding ST 1973, didn't realise that plugin even existed. Any tips as to use it M/S for width? (Edit: I see it has a preset for that to start from). Would like to put it up against this and Ghz MidSide (I didn't gel with DrMS for whatever reason).

I like Leapwigs GUIs FWIW, simple and to the point. Just used DynOne on a mix, invaluable—again—and well worth the full price. I don't get that same 'must have' feeling from StageOne.
DrMS works great but only for certain effects in my opinion. I love using it on FX buses. I’ll send all my reverbs, delays, and other effects to an FX bus which has DrMS and if used right can add really cool spacial effects making all the effects sound like they’re residing in this really cool space and man it can sounds really fricken cool. I just love the amount of control it gives you too. I’m a big knob tweaker so I love that about it as well. Not sure if I’d be able to get the same effect or if it’s even comparable to stageone, But I’ve been hearing great things about stageone and thinking about biting the bullet and getting it. Would love to hear what you guys in this thread have found this useful for and how you use it? A big reason I came here is because people were talking about how great it is working in conjunction with lustrous plates which just released (similar to what I have been doing with DrMS all this time). It looks to be a pretty intuitive plugin but not sure how it compares to DrMS and if they even function somewhat similarly?
Old 10 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodakell View Post
DrMS works great but only for certain effects in my opinion. I love using it on FX buses. I’ll send all my reverbs, delays, and other effects to an FX bus which has DrMS and if used right can add really cool spacial effects making all the effects sound like they’re residing in this really cool space and man it can sounds really fricken cool. I just love the amount of control it gives you too. I’m a big knob tweaker so I love that about it as well. Not sure if I’d be able to get the same effect or if it’s even comparable to stageone, But I’ve been hearing great things about stageone and thinking about biting the bullet and getting it. Would love to hear what you guys in this thread have found this useful for and how you use it? A big reason I came here is because people were talking about how great it is working in conjunction with lustrous plates which just released (similar to what I have been doing with DrMS all this time). It looks to be a pretty intuitive plugin but not sure how it compares to DrMS and if they even function somewhat similarly?
Since that post StageOne has become much more valuable to me. While not as flexible as DrMS, I prefer its simplicity as I only want to widen/deepen things naturally and not go so far with FX.

Some mastering guys here use it on full mixes, I use it during mixing (especially on wide instruments and synths). Don't underestimate the mono spread either, very handy.

Works a treat on FX returns as mentioned in the LS Plate thread.
Old 10 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Since that post StageOne has become much more valuable to me. While not as flexible as DrMS, I prefer its simplicity as I only want to widen/deepen things naturally and not go so far with FX.

Some mastering guys here use it on full mixes, I use it during mixing (especially on wide instruments and synths). Don't underestimate the mono spread either, very handy.

Works a treat on FX returns as mentioned in the LS Plate thread.

Yeah I try not to go too far with DrMS even though I like going just a little crazy with my fx. I guess my main question though is if there is anything I can’t do in DrMS that I can do in stageone? I’ll likely check out some videos later today to get some more in depth info on what it does exactly. but if they’re able to do the same thing with DrMS just being a bit more flexible then I wouldn’t really see the point in getting stageone. But from hearing such great things on this forum I’m really curious about what makes it so great and why it’s getting so much praise over other mid/side, stereo processing plugins or whatever you wanna call them lol.
Old 9 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodakell View Post
Yeah I try not to go too far with DrMS even though I like going just a little crazy with my fx. I guess my main question though is if there is anything I can’t do in DrMS that I can do in stageone? I’ll likely check out some videos later today to get some more in depth info on what it does exactly. but if they’re able to do the same thing with DrMS just being a bit more flexible then I wouldn’t really see the point in getting stageone. But from hearing such great things on this forum I’m really curious about what makes it so great and why it’s getting so much praise over other mid/side, stereo processing plugins or whatever you wanna call them lol.
I can't answer that personally as I'm no DrMS jedi. What S1 does for me, and does wonderfully, is subtlety. You can widen sources pretty much invisibly (including when collapsing to mono).

Not found anything that can achieve the same depth either. I love to use that on the music bus, giving the mix front to back space.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search