The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Prism Sound Updates Titan and Atlas Interfaces With Dante® and New Control App Digital Converters
Old 7th January 2019
News Desk Editor

Prism Sound Updates Titan and Atlas Interfaces With Dante® and New Control App

Prism Sound Updates Titan and Atlas Interfaces With Dante® and New Control App-unnamed-26-.jpg

Prism Sound Updates Titan and Atlas Audio Interfaces With Dante® Networking and New Control App

Prism Sound is pleased to announce the forthcoming availability of Dante® audio networking on its award-winning Atlas and Titan multitrack audio interfaces.

Sleek new black-fronted Dante compatible units, which will be available from the second quarter of 2019, will be on show at the Prism Sound booth (15321) at NAMM 2019. These units feature a new Dante MDIO module and are controlled using a software app that is available for both Mac and Windows platforms. This allows control of the unit from a computer connected to the Dante network or via the existing USB connection as appropriate.

The introduction of Prism Sound’s Dante module extends the range of I/O options for Atlas and Titan, which also includes an MDIO card option that provides a compatible connection for Pro Tools hardware.

To support the investment of existing Atlas and Titan users, Prism Sound has ensured that its new Dante card and software control app can be used with all older units already in use.

Graham Boswell, Sales and Marketing director for Prism Sound, says: “Dante is undoubtedly the de facto standard for digital audio distribution across Ethernet networks and by enabling our flagship audio interface products to connect seamlessly with this technology we are showing a firm commitment to the future.”

About the new software control app, Boswell adds: “The new software control app is a really important update, too, for existing and new Atlas and Titan users, as well as Lyra users. It provides a clearer, more user-friendly presentation in a re-sizeable window, making it easy to read on the latest 4K screens as well as on older computers.”

Users not requiring the Dante interface will be able to download the latest firmware and updated software control app free of charge from the Prism Sound website.

Those wanting to upgrade to Dante can purchase the MDIO-DANTE card and then also upgrade the Atlas or Titan firmware and software control app, which will be available from the Prism Sound web site at no additional cost.

For more information please visit prism Sound at NAMM 2019 or contact [email protected].
Attached Thumbnails
Prism Sound Updates Titan and Atlas Interfaces With Dante® and New Control App-unnamed-26-.jpg  
Old 7th January 2019
Lives for gear

Very nice, I won't bother my dealer but am hopeful someone will post the pricing of the MDIO-DANTE card.
Old 8th January 2019
Lives for gear
Wow! Next up Thunderbolt!
Old 8th January 2019
Lives for gear

Glad to hear they updated the control app, about the only thing I wasn't over-the-moon with about my Prism converters.
Old 8th January 2019
Gear Addict

Nothing against Dante, but is it undoubtedly the de facto standard over ethernet today?

At my company all our clients (universities, churches) are wanting to build their recording studios with AVB.
Old 8th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
Don't count on this very soon.

When i got my Titans i talked with Prism about thunderbolt and they said they had no plans to developed a TB card, but they would pass my suggestion to eng.

Send them a mail asking for it. They are a conservative company so i guess if enough people request maybe they'll develop it.
Old 8th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by casiotone View Post
Don't count on this very soon.

When i got my Titans i talked with Prism about thunderbolt and they said they had no plans to developed a TB card, but they would pass my suggestion to eng.

Send them a mail asking for it. They are a conservative company so i guess if enough people request maybe they'll develop it.
I actually spoke to Prism this morning. Dante expansion card pricing will be announced in Feb or March.

The black fronted Atlas and Titan will have the Dante Card retro fitted. No other difference otherwise.

Thunderbolt is something they are looking into but there are no development plans as of yet so it will be a good while longer if anything is announced.

I’m actually happy with my HDX MDIO expansion card in my Atlas. Thunderbolt will be a huge bonus from an aggregate device stance as I also have a thunderbolt 2 interface.
Old 8th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
I’m actually happy with my HDX MDIO expansion card in my Atlas. Thunderbolt will be a huge bonus from an aggregate device stance as I also have a thunderbolt 2 interface.
Sorry to hijack the thread for a second, but im migrating to PT and thinking about the HDX MDIO for the Titans, which is the same as for the Atlas.

Someone told me they only appear as a 8 da/ad to PT, i was wondering if this is true, or you can still access the aes i/o, adat i/o via the HDX card?
Old 8th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Sorry to hijack the thread for a second, but im migrating to PT and thinking about the HDX MDIO for the Titans, which is the same as for the Atlas.

Someone told me they only appear as a 8 da/ad to PT, i was wondering if this is true, or you can still access the aes i/o, adat i/o via the HDX card?
You can still access the ADAT IO as I have a Focusrite Clarett Octopre connected to the Atlas via Optical and BNC. PT HD / Ultimate sees it. Haven’t tried AES IO but I assume it’s the same.
Old 9th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Buried in the release is the wonderful news that the control app update will be the same for Lyra users as well. The current version being mind numbingly odd from the get-go.... (and the lone weak spot in the gear offering IMO). Welcomed news and eagerly awaiting.
Old 9th January 2019
Quote:
Pretty please develop a thunderbolt card for more low latency plug-in tracking and live stage use options! I’ve been a dedicated Prism user since 2011. I own an Orpheaus and tie it into my Atlas via ADAT. I’m not going to switch to another converter bc Prism is outstanding but I’m really hoping my voice is heard on some tiny level.
Old 12th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:

I use a titan with the HDX card and you can access all the I/o, analog and digital. I don't use the adat but I have a Bricasti hanging on the AES.
Old 12th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanBarley View Post
I use a titan with the HDX card and you can access all the I/o, analog and digital. I don't use the adat but I have a Bricasti hanging on the AES.
Brilliant, thanks!
Old 12th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Looking forward to the new app!
Old 12th January 2019
Lives for gear
The new app looks great!
Attached Thumbnails
Prism Sound Updates Titan and Atlas Interfaces With Dante® and New Control App-f71b1f29-5a15-477f-b189-4913c09297a5.jpeg  
Old 12th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
The new app looks great!
Huge improvement!
Old 12th January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
The new app looks great!
That’s some seriously reworked UI!
I also hope they fixed MacOS Mojave issues as the old app on my Titan is barely usable with it
Old 13th January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix3r View Post
That’s some seriously reworked UI!
Attached Thumbnails
Prism Sound Updates Titan and Atlas Interfaces With Dante® and New Control App-image-1-.png  
Old 29th January 2019
Gear Nut

The addition of the MDIO-Dante card is a highly appreciated! To make those units even more attractive to a bigger target audience the addition of a Thunderbolt 3 port would be the next logical step. Now TB3 ports are becoming a standard since Intel made the Thunderbolt 3 protocol Royalty Free, I wouldn't be surprised to see this MDIO-TB3 board being announced within 18 months from now (not based on any fact, more of a feeling
The current USB port is sufficient in terms of bandwidth. The only drawback of USB is the protocol and its round trip latency. Only RME seems to succeed in low USB latencies (around 4.5 ms).
Thunderbolt 3 allows for even lower latencies (around 1 ms)
But first let's try the MDIO-Dante card with the Dante Virtual Sound Card. That should give us a latency of around 4 ms. Using a PCIe Dante card will allow for even lower latencies but at a higher cost.
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear

Has anyone heard the pricing on the MDIO-DANTE? @ fix3r , what are your issues with MacOS? All seems ok here with Mojave.
Old 29th January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swing View Post
Has anyone heard the pricing on the MDIO-DANTE? @ fix3r , what are your issues with MacOS? All seems ok here with Mojave.
The interface is fine, it’s the USB control app that’s causing issues - since upgrading to Mojave it’s been running at 100% CPU and is terribly laggy. It’s so bad that I can’t leave it open anymore. I reported it to Prism (Mojave is not officially supported apparently), but I reckon they were/are busy with the new version, so I’m sittin’ here waiting
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear

I see what you're saying. I shut it down after all is set-up ok. Sometimes I forget and the cpu cranks up, which is bothersome. In any case it is best to shut down as many demands on the system as possible when tracking.
Old 12th February 2019
Old 12th February 2019
Old 12th February 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djdubz View Post
That’s for the DigiLink card. However I don’t think the Dante card will be far off that price.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Has anyone heard of a date the Prism MDIO-DANTE will be available?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search