The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Synapse Audio releases DUNE 3
Old 24th December 2018
Bitcrusher is indeed part of "that" virus sound.
Old 25th December 2018
Gear Addict

for some reason (maybe the appalling gui?) i had skipped on dune 2 before.

I spent some time playing with the demo, comparing it with dozens of
other synths and I have to say
this is a synth with massive detailed and rich sound, yet with great
clarity, warmth (clearly not mascaraing as analogue but still).
and can fit in a mix since it does not take up every little
nook and cranny of the frequency spectrum.

Extremely impressed with it and bought it without hesitation.

I am going thru the presets now and just the presets are worth the price.

Amazing job Synapse Audio!!
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Addict

Do you know how many licences do i get if i buy dune 3?i d like to use it on my 2 pcs.when do they usually have discounts-sales?
Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear
How does this compare with Omnisphere? It's way cheaper and far less system hog.
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goom View Post
How does this compare with Omnisphere? It's way cheaper and far less system hog.
For synth sounds i definately prefer dune3.(although i have omni 1.9x version)
On the other side Omnisphere has more than synth sounds...
Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stergios T. View Post
For synth sounds i definately prefer dune3.(although i have omni 1.9x version)
On the other side Omnisphere has more than synth sounds...
Is it also a sampler or something? I don't think they have a demo.
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Is it also a sampler or something? I don't think they have a demo.
Which one?omnisphere?dune 3 is also wavetable synth
Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stergios T. View Post
Which one?omnisphere?dune 3 is also wavetable synth
Omni. I guess it's pointless to ask about Omni, since I'm not going to plonk down that much cash for a soft-synth, but I'm still curious what the hubbub is about.
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Omni. I guess it's pointless to ask about Omni, since I'm not going to plonk down that much cash for a soft-synth, but I'm still curious what the hubbub is about.
omni 2 can import audio but iam not sure about the wayyou can use this audio in omni 's engine.As i wrote before omni may have more sound categories(for example choirs) but if you just want synth sounds and what a wavetable,substructive and fm synth can offer,i d go with dune.i love it's sound.it has a great quiality,like playing with a good hardware synth.it can be warm,huge,clear,i love the envelopes,it's attack and high frequencies.

**in dune you can also create sounds not usually found in substractive synths cause you can import wavetables.There are also many great soundpacks for it.
Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear
I'm trying out the demo now and I'm trying to figure out how to get the arpeggiator to stay within the key of the song. Some arp plugins I have can lock onto a specific key.
Old 3rd May 2019
Gear Addict

Just having a play with Dune 3.

I don't think this synth gets the credit it deserves. Price is fair and the sound is fantastic. I've tried and own a fair few softsynths - mainly emulations of old analogs but this...it nails that trance thing TOTALLY. Kudos to the sound programmers, they really know how to showcase this synth. It's not often I run through presets and have to stop and listen in awe now and again.
Old 12th August 2019
Gear Nut

This synth sounds amazing!
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.beneton View Post
This synth sounds amazing!
It sure does. A real sleeper this one.
Old 4 weeks ago
It being a sleeper depends on the forum you read. KVR has over a hundred pages on their DUNE3 thread.

Nice workhorse synth. Not the most characterful of them all, but if I had to choose one desert island synth. It might very well be this.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave View Post
It being a sleeper depends on the forum you read. KVR has over a hundred pages on their DUNE3 thread.

Nice workhorse synth. Not the most characterful of them all, but if I had to choose one desert island synth. It might very well be this.
Ok the secret must be out on KVR then. I don't hang out there anymore. I would have zero life left if I did. I spend too much time on GS already as it is.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
I would say Dune is one of the most well known and well respected synths - certainly Dune 2 was talked about that way fro a long time. However, Dune 3 didn't offer that much new (better GUI,. wave editor etc, 'enhancements' that other synths already had, so playing catch up). The fact that the Dune 3 anouncement was't 'that' big a deal, but that in no way detracts from the fact that Dune 3 is (as Dune 2 was) one of the best soundingh VST's ever made.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search