The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Peluso releases P-414 solid-state multi-pattern large diaphragm condenser microphone Condenser Microphones
Old 6th December 2018
News Desk Editor

Peluso releases P-414 solid-state multi-pattern large diaphragm condenser microphone

Peluso releases P-414 solid-state multi-pattern large diaphragm condenser microphone-unnamed-1-.jpg

Peluso releases P-414 solid-state multi-pattern large diaphragm condenser microphone

The Peluso P-414 is a solid-state multi-pattern large diaphragm condenser microphone inspired by the vintage 1976 AKG C414 EB, incorporating the original CK12-style brass capsule. This brass dual-backplate edge-terminated 34mm capsule gave AKG microphones the detailed mid-range and shimmering high-end air they are most renowned for.

The Peluso P-414 has four polar patterns (hyper-cardioid, cardioid, omni and Fig 8) making it suitable for a wide range of recording applications.

The microphone is built using the highest quality modern components ensuring very low self-noise and includes a large transformer to remove interference and distortion. The body and head grille are made in-house out of heavy brass and steel for maximum durability.

The Peluso P-414 revives all the best qualities of a vintage classic - delivering excellent sonic performance and manufactured using reliable modern manufacturing methods for enhanced serviceability.

It ships in a durable carry case and includes a dedicated shockmount and pouch.

Acoustically matched pairs are available on request.

Specifications:

Capsule Type: Condenser Pressure Gradient w/ 34mm capsule
Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
Polar Pattern: Hyper-cardioid, Cardioid, Omni, Fig 8
Sensitivity: 12 mV/Pa
Impedance: 200 Ohms
SPL: 162 dB w/ 20 dB pad
Equivalent Noise: 12 dB(A)
Power Requirements: Phantom - 48V +/- 4V
Current Consumption: < 4.0 mA
Size: 114/188mm H x 51mm W x 38mm D
Weight: 490g

RRP: £899 inc VAT (£749.17 ex-VAT)
ETA: Available now

Distributed in Europe by KMR Audio.
Attached Thumbnails
Peluso releases P-414 solid-state multi-pattern large diaphragm condenser microphone-unnamed-1-.jpg  
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Maniac
As nice as it looks, the Peluso CEK12 is not what I'd pick to put in a C414 clone.
Old 18th January 2019
It worths the try, they have really nice sounding mics, P49 is probably my favorite.
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
It worths the try, they have really nice sounding mics, P49 is probably my favorite.
I just don't like the samples I've heard of the CEK12. There's a video on YouTube comparing the P414 to a vintage C414 and C12A and the P414 is significantly brighter and more sibilant, as in Chinese mass produced levels of brightness IMO. Even Fox Audio found that they had to use more attenuation on their 251 clones with the CEK12, meaning that it has more high end than a Rayking RK12 (which is itself not a good CK12 because it's closer to a K67 with less high end). Not saying Peluso's capsules are poorly designed or anything like that, I just don't think that the CEK12 gets that C12 sound you're after, at least no more so than some Chinese capsules.

Here's the video YouTube
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

OK, I won't buy from KMR anymore
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search