FabFilter releases FabFilter Pro-Q 3 equalizer plug-in with dynamic EQ - Page 16 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
FabFilter releases FabFilter Pro-Q 3 equalizer plug-in with dynamic EQ
Old 3rd October 2020
Lives for gear

I'm definitely suffering from my sight affecting my perception. It goes as far as me thinking a track, when highlighted in Reaper, sounds slightly more bright than when it is not highlighted. Of course my brain knows for a fact that this isn't the case but still another part of my brain says "yes it is you fool!!". I'm extremely susceptible to visual into auditory placebo.. hence my almost manic use of ABX testing for virtually everything.

Also, sometimes I just allow myself to be paranoid and let myself knowingly get fooled by placebo. It can be super liberating.
Old 15th October 2020
Gear Head
i would love to try the Maag EQ4, i have Q3 .. do i need the Maag EQ4 too for that "air band thingy"?
Old 15th October 2020
Lives for gear

Do you *need* it?
I doubt it
But I have both. I use pro Q3 for basically everything and use EQ4 for some nice sounding low and top for my mix bus.
I'm sure you could recreate something similar with pro Q3.
Old 15th October 2020
Lives for gear

I have the Maag for sale if anyone misses the PA one day sale..
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
The more I use this (natural phase mode) the more I love it. The 'pull down' dynamic technique is simplistic genius. Yes, I need a fully fledged dyn EQ for certain things, but for a workhorse EQ this function is exceptional. To see it as a negative (rather than a positive) makes no sense.

However...

The biggest workflow hindrance I've encountered is with the—very handy—grab frequency function (especially when alt+dragging for dynamic points). It would be great to have an option to 'hold' the graph in place, rather than it dissipating upon the first selection. If you grab a frequency all the other grab points disappear, meaning you have to hover and wait again for them to form. Sometimes it doesn't start to form straight away so it takes even longer. This rather arduous process is repeated for each grab point you wish to manipulate.

An option to sustain the grab point overlay (with an 'X' to close it) would negate all of that wasted time and would speed the dynamic workflow up considerably. You could pull down multiple dynamic points in one swoop. That would be killer.

@ bmanic - how are FF with feature requests?
I finally upgraded to version 3 and this was my first complaint. Any updates on this proposal?
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by skythemusic View Post
I finally upgraded to version 3 and this was my first complaint. Any updates on this proposal?
This is already in there. You just hold it until it turns blue instead of purple (or maybe you have to hold a modifier key while you do it? I don't remember, it's just become second nature for me, so I don't really remember what I do ). Then the grab graph thing will stay up as long as you want.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike110492 View Post
This is already in there. You just hold it until it turns blue instead of purple (or maybe you have to hold a modifier key while you do it? I don't remember, it's just become second nature for me, so I don't really remember what I do ). Then the grab graph thing will stay up as long as you want.
It's just holding down a mouse click on the purple til it turns blue
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

This is still the smartest overall EQ design. There is always another flavour of the month. but this is the most rock solid out there.
I am finally giving in and getting the bundle.
This and DMG are the best tools out there IMO
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

It's my single most used plugin, as you do with EQs right?

But I do love it. Only thing I personally miss is a keyboard shortcut to solo a band in Pro Tools. The little headphone is a little fiddly and slows down the workflow a tiny bit.

Huub
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by huub View Post
It's my single most used plugin, as you do with EQs right?

But I do love it. Only thing I personally miss is a keyboard shortcut to solo a band in Pro Tools. The little headphone is a little fiddly and slows down the workflow a tiny bit.

Huub
Yeah i have gone through so many EQs. Lots of cool new fancy eq plugs have come out and been flavour of the month...had their moment in the spotlight. But honestly pro q is tried and tested and works flawlessly.
It is also very light on resources.
Felt like a boring purchase - another eq, comp and limiter. But i should have had these from the start really.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Yeah, pretty amazing how FabFilter achieves such quality with so many plugins.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
I think the thing is they DON'T have that many plugins. The Pro series is what 7 plugins? And another 7 in the other 2 categories. Nowheres near as much as say Waves and about half of Eventide.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I think the thing is they DON'T have that many plugins. The Pro series is what 7 plugins? And another 7 in the other 2 categories. Nowheres near as much as say Waves and about half of Eventide.
Agreed on both counts. Literally can't go wrong with FF plugins in terms of quality.
📝 Reply