The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Steven Slate Drums 5 (SSD5) Now Available
Old 18th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by i51423 View Post
Unfortunately getting an error trying to install 5.5 Slate Audio Center on Windows 10.
Run it as admin?
Old 18th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Run it as admin?
I tried that. I also tried restarting before I posted. I only posted in here because Steven is generally floating around when products are released.

EDIT: Realized my USB hub with my iLok was off, but the install still doesn't work. Curious if that had anything to do with it.
Old 18th March 2020
SSD 5.5 update

So, I have to ask before I run the updater:

Is this update going to silently convert SSD5 and the iLok license to a subscription plugin? I don't want to just run the installer and then find out that I've been Pro-Tooled and iLokked-out from a working setup.

Last edited by jamesPDX; 18th March 2020 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: spellin'
Old 18th March 2020
Lives for gear

Well, aren't we all lucky I asked Steven to throw us a bone, eh?

I mean, we might've had to wait yet another year otherwise, right?

Thank you Steven and all at Slate. Awesome.
Old 19th March 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesPDX View Post
So, I have to ask before I run the updater:

Is this update going to silently convert SSD5 and the iLok license to a subscription plugin? I don't want to just run the installer and then find out that I've been Pro-Tooled and iLokked-out from a working setup.
No
Old 20th March 2020
Gear Head

um this new download program thing, it appears to want to not download the files but to download and install? I use an offline computer for my music production.. does this mean it is not usable for people that want to download on one computer and move the files to their studio computer? I'm trying out the new free version first and if I can't do this then r.i.p.
Old 20th March 2020
Lives for gear

I'd like to download the actual plugin / plugin installer too; I already have all expansion libs.

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd feel better if I had it on my 'puter and not just an installer that relied upon a simultaneous-download-install M.O.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

I have a question that I've never found an answer to if anyone can help?

In SSD 5 - what do the Snare and Kick 'Dir' signals in the mixer correspond to?
I guess it stands for 'Direct' but what does that mean? A 3rd mic as well as the top and bottom mics?

I know what the Top and Bottom snare mics are doing - I just don't understand what Dir is.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKite View Post
I know what the Top and Bottom snare mics are doing - I just don't understand what Dir is.
Slate have this magic algo that takes all the room out of the mics...poof!

lol
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKite View Post
I have a question that I've never found an answer to if anyone can help?

In SSD 5 - what do the Snare and Kick 'Dir' signals in the mixer correspond to?
I guess it stands for 'Direct' but what does that mean? A 3rd mic as well as the top and bottom mics?

- SSD5 Classic Vol.1 and Vol.2: The old Steven Slate samples. Unlike newer samples, they don’t contain overhead mics. They contain one mono direct mic, and one stereo room mic. The samples are fairly heavy processed, however, they provide a lot of room to sculpt and shape their sound.

http://download.stevenslatedrums.com...r%20Manual.pdf
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyZ View Post
- SSD5 Classic Vol.1 and Vol.2: The old Steven Slate samples. Unlike newer samples, they don’t contain overhead mics. They contain one mono direct mic, and one stereo room mic. The samples are fairly heavy processed, however, they provide a lot of room to sculpt and shape their sound.

http://download.stevenslatedrums.com...r%20Manual.pdf
Ah, you helped me decipher my own dumbassness. Thank you.

I had two snare samples loaded.
One was a Deluxe 2 (Top and Bottom Mic)
One was a Classic Vol 2 (Dir Mic)

It sounded pretty good to be fair, but at least I now understand why it was behaving the way it was.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search