Available Now: iZotope’s Nectar 3, Music Production Suite 2, and Vocal Chain Bundle - Page 3 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Available Now: iZotope’s Nectar 3, Music Production Suite 2, and Vocal Chain Bundle
Old 14th November 2018
Gear Head

So I bought it and installed it but Melodyne is nowhere to be seen. Did not get automatically installed and nothing is mentioned in my izotope Account. Exactly how am I supposed to get it?

Edit: Nevermind, for anyone curious you have to go here: iZotope, Inc. |

How do I redeem Melodyne 4 Essential?
Old 18th November 2018 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I was this close to upgrading but I realized I would need to invest a lot more to get the Melodyne version that lets me do what I need. I'm heavily into manual pitch editing and the Pitch Editor in Nectar 2 lets me do so much more than Melodyne Essential would.

But Nectar's Pitch Editor feels dated and leaves a lot to be desired. It can quickly become artifact-y, can get laggy and buggy, the UX/UI is awkward but at least it gives me the amount of depth I need.

But even Nectar 2 lacked a pencil tool. But guess what? Revoice Pro 4 gives me that. I downloaded the demo just for the heck of it and let's just say it's been a long time since I've been this enthusiastic about a plugin (well, it's a standalone actually). Incredible results, quick and easy manual de-essing and quite transparent results even when messing around with the pencil. The UI/UX are not the most intuitive (Melodyne looks much better) and there's no tool to flatten the vibrato (only stretch and compress) but it can be worked around with the pencil.

I like Izotope. I use Neutron 2 and Ozone 8 Advanced in every project. But MPS2 I'll pass.
Old 18th November 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I own all izotope plugins and feel let down by there upgrade price policy. This bundle chaos with similar names and elements to advanced versions doesn't make sense in my opinion ...

Great company with awesome products though
Old 31st December 2018
Here for the gear

Compared to other recording software it's still expensive, i prefer audacity.
Old 11th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Finally upgraded and did a quick test - Ai and then manually creating a vocal chain with Pitch, De ess, EQ, Compression, Delay and Reverb vs Fabfilter Q3 in dynamic mode, Waves CLA76 blueface, CLA2A, Phoenix R4 and Soundtoys Echoboy Jnr.
Found the Ai suggestion much too bright and the manual chain also a little harsh in comparison to the ala carte chain which was much warmer and analog sounding whilst still cutting through the mix.
The Nectar is a very modern sounding plugin but I didn’t find it easy to get the same kind of warmth as I did with my bespoke chain. So I guess it’s important to use it with the appropriate track.
Old 12th January 2019
Curious, would any one use this on non-vocal material, such as meditative, almost droney harmonic mixes? That autobalance looks useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvyn ➡️
Finally upgraded and did a quick test - Ai and then manually creating a vocal chain with Pitch, De ess, EQ, Compression, Delay and Reverb vs Fabfilter Q3 in dynamic mode, Waves CLA76 blueface, CLA2A, Phoenix R4 and Soundtoys Echoboy Jnr.
Found the Ai suggestion much too bright and the manual chain also a little harsh in comparison to the ala carte chain which was much warmer and analog sounding whilst still cutting through the mix.
The Nectar is a very modern sounding plugin but I didn’t find it easy to get the same kind of warmth as I did with my bespoke chain. So I guess it’s important to use it with the appropriate track.
Interesting. Perhaps try Deverberate and DeFilter at the begining of you chain, then redo the AI and compare what it had previously done. After you dial them to taste, adjust everything after it again... and then slap on 2-6 rGlits and rTimbs in sequence and/or parallel... Play with wet % levels and ordering of them and do A/B testing with theem all in, off, or turn 1 off and back on a bunch bunch of times to determine the ideal setting. Save that setting and then try the rawGs and rawTs inside some uLaws to see if those make it better or worse. Try decode before encode, if you want to make them even more transparent. I think that the uLaws alter there dynamic behaviors based on frequencues, and based on the harshness amounts (more energy moving faster) at each frequency and changed one frequncy's behavior with some dependency of the amounts if energy being moved at the frequencies around them... so a bunch of constantly frequncy shufting and dynamic wobbling of varying peak loudness amounts... this will caouse uLaw to make the things more and more strangely... Untill the strangeness huts some precise setting of suddenly smoothening of nearly everything... with just a few occasional small changes of the freq-wobbling happening.
Old 17th April 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz ➡️
Will be buying Nectar 3 soon, but as others have said Izotope's upgrade system and ever-constantly changing bundles are a mess. What is the difference between the Music Production Bundle 2 and the Music Production Suite 2?
They should take into account what you actually own. For instance, it costs $299 to upgrade to the MPS 2 to get Nectar 3. I already own all those products including the Advanced version of RX so it makes more sense to just buy Nectar 3 straight out instead.
I love Izotopes products but they need a serious update on their upgrading system. Cut out all those ridiculous bundles why you're at it.
Just today I logged into my account to see how much an upgrade from one of the Suites would cost me. I've no clue.

I can see upgrades to stuff I already own, though. Why?

k
Old 25th May 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulata ➡️
Just today I logged into my account to see how much an upgrade from one of the Suites would cost me. I've no clue.

I can see upgrades to stuff I already own, though. Why?

k
Vocal Bundle upgrade from any Nectar (except element) or Vocal Synth for 57.99 @ audio deluxe!
Old 31st July 2019
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I have to eat my own words. Nectar is a very useful and good sounding vocal channel strip, the price has gone down fortunately.
I do not care at all for the vocal assistent, though some of the presets can be good starting points.
Old 31st January 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I have Neutron and wish the IA asked what genre of music to massage the vocals with instead of just modern and vintage.
📝 Reply