AFX2DAW now available for Discrete 4 & 8 Premium owners - Page 7 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AFX2DAW now available for Discrete 4 & 8 Premium owners
Old 12th December 2019 | Show parent
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
So, they didn't just ask for a review, but asked for a POSITIVE review in exchange for a free plugin?
I bet his review wasn't so "no plug in for you"!......

What's such a joke about this company is all the hardware reviews are top notch and it seems they can't get out of their own way when it comes to service....
Old 12th December 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYBEEETSSS View Post
With an SC interface, well let me say with the Discrete 8 SC, I can use 8 plugs per the 1st 8 channels; I’m a PC guy, so I use 3-8 as Hardware inserts in PT (1-2 are playback, so I use that as the MF & keep the GyratecX on there)

It definitely sucks how Antelope handles the software side of things, because the hardware is great.

I responded ver a month ago now to a free plugin promotion email that THEY sent to me about leaving a positive review on the unit I have on the dealer site I purchased from, take a screenshot of the posted review, & claim your free plugin.

I sent numerous FOLLOW UP emails after the initial 1, & even called, & STILL hadn’t gotten a response; & they wonder why, as good as their stuff is, people STILL rip them 1 over social media etc...
you need the premium pack to use all 8 channels of AFX, correct?
Old 15th December 2019
Gear Addict

Change this thread's name, as it's not available for windows users!
Old 17th December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
So, they didn't just ask for a review, but asked for a POSITIVE review in exchange for a free plugin?
That would be correct, & because the hardware really is good, I did a leave a positive review. STILL HADN’T heard back tho
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehognrown View Post
you need the premium pack to use all 8 channels of AFX, correct?
That’s if you have the Non SC Discrete. The DISCRETE 8 SC models give you the 8 fx per pre...
Gear Maniac

Quote:
That’s if you have the Non SC Discrete. The DISCRETE 8 SC models give you the 8 fx per pre...
right but that's only on channels one and two without afx2daw or no? the others must be unlocked by the premium pack?
Lives for gear

Quote:
That would be correct, & because the hardware really is good, I did a leave a positive review. STILL HADN’T heard back tho
That's interesting, because Sam with Antelope claimed that they weren't asking for positive reviews.
Old 18th December 2019
Company Rep

@ KEYBEEETSSS - We have sent you your claim code for your effect on the 6th of December, I would kindly ask you to confirm that we did NOT ask for a positive review, we just asked for a review, nothing more.
@ Quint - we weren't asking for positive reviews, anyone on the mailing list can do a screenshot of the email that they received, I can do it as well, if you are interested.
Old 19th December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Antelope Audio View Post
@ KEYBEEETSSS - We have sent you your claim code for your effect on the 6th of December, I would kindly ask you to confirm that we did NOT ask for a positive review, we just asked for a review, nothing more.
I’m sorry but I have not received anything. I check daily (that particular email) including spam. Where did you send it?..
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehognrown View Post
right but that's only on channels one and two without afx2daw or no? the others must be unlocked by the premium pack?
on the SC, it's all channels; there is no Premium Pack with the SC models. I know because I lost mine when I went from the D8 to the D8 SC version...

The Premium pack is still registered to my account, but as I said, it isn't available on the SC models...

& on the review, you're right Sam; it did just say 'a review', & not specify a "positive" 1...

I am sure that I sent it back to you guys on Nov. 14th though...
Gear Maniac

Quote:
on the SC, it's all channels; there is no Premium Pack with the SC models. I know because I lost mine when I went from the D8 to the D8 SC version...

The Premium pack is still registered to my account, but as I said, it isn't available on the SC models...
yeah I just found out i can't get the fusion pack from my edge strip either. at least those were native so i can use them in the DAW but still not my favorite thing.
Old 21st December 2019 | Show parent
Gear Head
I got myself a Orion Studio Synergy Core, also bought AFX2DAW (well got a good combo deal with a edge duo) but are there ever plans to make it so that a offline bounce is possible?
Now it is just a begind the scenes bridge, nothing more, it would be great to use it in offline bouncing too over thunderbolt because a bridge for this money? Is way too expensive...
Old 26th December 2019
Gear Addict

AFX2DAW for windows where is this at?
Old 1st January 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

No AFX2DAW still?????

Its been over a year since i bought my discrete 8 unit and was promised around the time when i was buying it that the afx2daw for windows would be out around february 2019. Well its way past february and there is still no afx2daw for windows or even a proper thunderbolt driver that stands on its own. Thunderbolt beta does not work properly. I still have to use USB for it to work properly.

If you are a windows user do yourself a favor and stay away from the antelope line until windows is better developed. All you will hear is promise after promise with no results. There seems to be something really fishy going on there as it is taking way too long. We have been promised this thing for over a year now. If i had known i would have never purchased this unit as i am not able to use it in any mixing workflow.
Old 2nd January 2020
Gear Nut

Our discrete are legacy they don't care about us...
Old 12th February 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisvenkenobi View Post
Heya
what is the problem with the windwos thunderbolt beta driver?
i have bought the orion studio ref2017 last week.
next week i will start to record a band .. i have 12 mics at the drums, and go with Audiente adat slave for 8 more preamps
and i have installed the windows thunderbolt beta driver..

you say the driver dont work proberly
thx
sven
not sure. beta working fine for me.
Old 16th February 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbimark View Post
Its been over a year since i bought my discrete 8 unit and was promised around the time when i was buying it that the afx2daw for windows would be out around february 2019. Well its way past february and there is still no afx2daw for windows or even a proper thunderbolt driver that stands on its own. Thunderbolt beta does not work properly. I still have to use USB for it to work properly.

If you are a windows user do yourself a favor and stay away from the antelope line until windows is better developed. All you will hear is promise after promise with no results. There seems to be something really fishy going on there as it is taking way too long. We have been promised this thing for over a year now. If i had known i would have never purchased this unit as i am not able to use it in any mixing workflow.
Heya
i have bought the Orion Studio ref2017 last week.
next week i will start to record a band .. i have 12 mics at the drums, and go with Audiente adat slave for 8 more preamps

thx
sven
Old 17th February 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisvenkenobi View Post
Heya
i have bought the Orion Studio ref2017 last week.

thx
sven
Hi Svend

I think the basic thunderbolt setup works fine, as you can use your interface as a "normal" interface for recordings.

The complaints regarding thunderbolt are the lack of promised AFX2DAW support on the windows platform. We were promised support for AFX2DAW via thunderbolt on Windows, but so far all we got was: "... it's coming". After a year the Discrete series was being replaced by the Discrete Synergy series, so this leaves a lot of Discrete owners with basically no hope of ever getting AFX2DAW on windows as promised.

I love Antelope, and if they had the integrity of a certain German driver company that also makes interfaces (if you know what I mean), I believe they would be the top-selling audio interface company by far.
Old 5th April 2020
Gear Addict
Wow, still no windows AFX2DAW? Crazy since I was looking at this more than a year ago. Always kept wanting these effects for mixing. It really looks like it will never be implemented as now their site has a note "MAC only".
They probably hit a bump on the windows side and just decided it was too much to overcome it. Sad.
Old 5th April 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
Wow, still no windows AFX2DAW? Crazy since I was looking at this more than a year ago. Always kept wanting these effects for mixing. It really looks like it will never be implemented as now their site has a note "MAC only".
They probably hit a bump on the windows side and just decided it was too much to overcome it. Sad.
Wish they were honest and said that 2 years ago when I bought my zen tour!
Back then it was only a matter of time... 2 years later and the promise they used to get me to buy was a pure lie! Garbage company! Love the sound of my zen tour. Can't stand the money grubbing liars that make it though...
Old 5th April 2020
Gear Addict
What suck is that their sound is very very good and they offer features that punch above their price point. I purchased an Edge Go microphone and I'm very pleased with it. Unfortunately my voice sucks so I only get to use it when my wife wants to sing. It sounds great and love all the options on it and based on that I'd love to get one of their HD systems, but just can't justify having something that doesn't fully work on Windows. One of the main reasons I was looking at that interface was the connectivity, features, and those internal effects. But it's not as helpful if it's only available during tracking as I mix most of the time. Hope one day they get to it as they certainly have enough brains in there to be putting out new interfaces very often.
Old 6th April 2020
Company Rep

Hi!

AFX2DAW for Windows is being worked on! I can assure you that we are onto it and it is taking longer than expected and there is a reason behind that, we will come out with news soon.

The "MAC Only" text on the product page is on there for a long time now, this was written in order to prevent confusion for people purchasing it, not to indicate that AFX2DAW will remain for MAC only. I am reminding that AFX2DAW requires a Thunderbolt connection and Thunderbolt on Windows is a new domain for the whole ecosystem, this causes some development obstacles. Of course, this is not the sole reason, but we will of course let you know why we had delayed it and provide you with new information soon.
Old 7th April 2020
Gear Addict
Sam,
Thanks for the rely and great to hear that it's being worked on. I purchased an Avid HD Omni device and although it's a very competent interface on Windows there is a workaround needed if wanting to use it outside of Pro Tools. So, although I can work with it, it's not ideal. So I keep looking for something to replace it, and your units always have great sound quality and features. Hopefully this feature can be added and I think it'll push me to make the switch.
Thanks and stay safe.
Old 7th April 2020
Gear Addict
Question Sam.
I see that in order for the AFX2DAW to work you need Thunderbolt connection. And all the HD interfaces you have, only have HDX, USB3 or Madi. So that means that the HD interfaces would not have AFX2DAW. If you were to get a Orion HD32 and then add a Discrete 8 Synergy. Could you 1. have AFX2DAW in a ProTools HD (surround) session? And 2. Would the Discrete Synergy be able to connect to Pro Tools HD through the Orion HD32 going through HDX to have any HDX compensation?

Hope that makes sense.
Old 7th April 2020
Gear Addict

What Antelope is working on, will be better then the current offerings of AFXtoDAW ! They are working on a better solution.
Old 8th April 2020
Gear Guru
I’m glad I never bought a product which is unstable and instead of fixing it they went and developed a whole different product line.....
Old 10th April 2020 | Show parent
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
Question Sam.
I see that in order for the AFX2DAW to work you need Thunderbolt connection. And all the HD interfaces you have, only have HDX, USB3 or Madi. So that means that the HD interfaces would not have AFX2DAW. If you were to get a Orion HD32 and then add a Discrete 8 Synergy. Could you 1. have AFX2DAW in a ProTools HD (surround) session? And 2. Would the Discrete Synergy be able to connect to Pro Tools HD through the Orion HD32 going through HDX to have any HDX compensation?

Hope that makes sense.
Hi!

I cannot share any information as to what and how it will work for now, but I would be glad to clear up any specifics once we publish further information.

If you have other questions - please feel free to message me directly!
Old 19th April 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
What Antelope is working on, will be better then the current offerings of AFXtoDAW ! They are working on a better solution.
If this is right this would be great! Because the problem is that afx2daw is just an easy insert, it even don’t save which plugins are used nor plugin settings that are used in afx2daw. It just makes routing easier nothing more.
Old 4th May 2020
Gear Maniac

i'm having a mixed experience with my D8SC but overall i think it's worth the money. Thinking of just doing a fresh install and see if the connectivity issues go away.
Old 14th May 2020
Gear Head

I just got my discrete 8 premium direct from antelope, A great deal! Wow it works perfectly straight out of the box (after registering it of course), Plugins are great epsecially considering that at the deal price the features of the interface even without the plugins are well worth the money compared to what else is around. I'm still waiting on a thunderbolt cable but I'm getting better more stable performance with USB on windows 10 at 64 samples and not in "safe mode" pretty much zero errors, actually I think it dropped one buffer once in a couple of hours but was dependent on the DAW monitoring settings (Samplitude). So the USB performance is better than any other USB interface I've tried (haven't tried RME USB but have RME madi FX and have had fireface). Congrats to Antelope. This is my second Antelope interface. I still own and use in my main studio, the original Antelope Orion which has been going strong for around 10 years. Can't wait to try the thunderbolt drivers.
If I had one complaint it would be this, though it's pretty small as I didn't actually buy this for the plugins at all. I'm a guitarist and it would be great to have some modulation and time based FX that could be used pre the amp emulations, like pedal board stuff. Even the reverb would be good if it was an insert, so more like a real amp with reverb. That being said the amp sims are rad and very usable. I've never been a fan of amp sims till overloud (though the new Boss sy-1000 pedal does really well for me) and now I have the overloud in the Disctete, just no time or mod FX. I see that the new sonic core platform has a wah and tremelo, I wonder if they will be available for the earlier units?
cheers Greg
📝 Reply