The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube releases Harmonics Analog Saturation Processor
Old 31st October 2018
News Desk Editor

Softube releases Harmonics Analog Saturation Processor-screen-shot-2018-10-31-8.14.27-am.jpg

Start a fire! Dynamic analog distortion in the box with Harmonics.

Guitars, vocals, drums, bass, even synths often need some extra grunt to push them over the edge. Harmonics offer five awesome-sounding analog distortion models that will allow you to find the sound you seek.

Harmonics – Distortion with quality sound

If you ever worked with distortion before, you know it can destroy dynamics and cause more problems than it solves. Too little and your sound doesn’t cut through and fill its space. Too much and you lose the light and shade, the attack and decay. Transients blend into tails, and detail and definition go out the window.

Not so with Harmonics.

A revolutionary new approach to handling dynamics during the process of distorting the sound, Dynamic Transient Control, makes all the difference. The input signal is listened to and analysed by the plug-in, allowing the dynamics and detail to be preserved and enhanced even after heavy distortion is applied.

Add to that the fact that Harmonics has five totally different-sounding component-modelled distortion styles, high and low cut filters, a mix knob and more, and you end up with a very powerful secret weapon indeed.

Price: $149 ($99 intro offer until end of November)

For more information: Softube - Harmonics Analog Saturation Processor

Attached Thumbnails
Softube releases Harmonics Analog Saturation Processor-screen-shot-2018-10-31-8.14.27-am.jpg  
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Maniac

No AAX DSP, no purchase here.
Old 31st October 2018
Here for the gear

I have and adore the Kush Omegas but this sounds phenomenal! Instant buy from me!
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Addict

Can't wait to add Dynamic Analog Distortion with the Harmonics Analog Saturation Processor, but I wish they had used more fancy words to describe it.
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Addict

The video demo on this sounds next level. This really sounds different than other distortions or saturators I use (saturn, HG-2, trash) and I presume that's the result of how this manages dynamics? What's the CPU hit like? Can I run a few instances on my busses and mix in to them or is it an add-at-the-end type of thing?
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Maniac

Bad news for my wallet, trying to fight it! Seems amazing based on the video!
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear
sounds incredible and the controls are freakin great. Thats the part that wins it for me. so intuitive.
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Head

I was expecting a stronger "more dynamics" range. On already compressed drum kits (dance music) the positive range hardly does anything noticeable. Saturn is more punchy regarding this aspect. Also I find annoying that when using a low cut filter to exclude the kick, even a 10% wet will result in losing the low end at the output of the plugin. Got to find other uses for it. I'll test it on idividual hits/instruments on the upcoming days. So far I'm not convinced
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sircuit View Post
I was expecting a stronger "more dynamics" range. On already compressed drum kits (dance music) the positive range hardly does anything noticeable. Saturn is more punchy regarding this aspect. Also I find annoying that when using a low cut filter to exclude the kick, even a 10% wet will result in losing the low end at the output of the plugin. Got to find other uses for it. I'll test it on idividual hits/instruments on the upcoming days. So far I'm not convinced
Try it on a send maybe? Parallel may fix those issues? Or maybe you're running in to it too hot?
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Head

Running hot, that's for sure. Too hot, maybe at times. I'll try it out also in sends. Cheers!
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Nut

Exactly the plugin I was waiting for from Softube. I haven't been a fan of most of the plugin saturators to this point. Audified's U78 does sound very nice, but this one is definitely more versatile and it sounds fantastic. Had to buy it as soon as I saw the announcement.

I wish Fabilter would do a Saturn 2, really like the flexibility and modulation of Saturn, but its sound was never convincing for me.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Looking forward to trying this! I’ve wanted somthing like this from them for ages!!!
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantmix304 View Post
Exactly the plugin I was waiting for from Softube. I haven't been a fan of most of the plugin saturators to this point. Audified's U78 does sound very nice, but this one is definitely more versatile and it sounds fantastic. Had to buy it as soon as I saw the announcement.

I wish Fabilter would do a Saturn 2, really like the flexibility and modulation of Saturn, but its sound was never convincing for me.
I've burned through so many and this one seems to best them all. VSM-3 (not versatile enough, gets harsh fast) Saturn (can get brittle), HG-2 (great on individual elements but not a bus tool.

I'm super stoked to try this tonight.
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Guru

recycled console 1 ones ? anybody tried to compared ? is the caracter just a tilt ?
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Addict
So far I'm liking this a lot better than HG-2, VSM-3, and Saturn as far as master fader tool right before Oxford Limiter. I had a pre-master aux loaded with stuff too though. But what I needed was something to get some major heft and energy afterwards. Harmonics has a better quality and versatility. The sound does remind me of Softube Tape quite a bit too.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
is the caracter just a tilt ?
Softube releases Harmonics Analog Saturation Processor-character.png
Attached Thumbnails
Softube releases Harmonics Analog Saturation Processor-character.png  
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Head

Just tried the demo. Didn't expect to get excited about another saturation tool, but they proved me wrong. It's a gamechanger in an already overcrowded market. Softube really IS a class apart!
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

The saturation section is the best part of Console 1, in my opinion, and if this is anything like it, we are in luck. Softube plug-ins are generally lean on the processors. They stopped doing AAX dsp a while ago, which sucks, but won’t stop me from get this one if it is as good as the demo promises.
Old 31st October 2018
Softube did a great job once again. It's a great sounding, flexible and powerful saturation toolbox with fantastic colors. Maybe Decapitator somewhat close to Harmonics. But it lacks awesome dynamics control.

So far I fell in love with Tube, Solid and Master modes. With last one you have a powerful control for your mix busses.

I think I will buy it once demo will end.
Old 31st October 2018
7+1
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wo1 View Post
Softube did a great job once again. It's a great sounding, flexible and powerful saturation toolbox with fantastic colors. Maybe Decapitator somewhat close to Harmonics. But it lacks awesome dynamics control.

So far I fell in love with Tube, Solid and Master modes. With last one you have a powerful control for your mix busses.

I think I will buy it once demo will end.
wonder how it sounds.. reminds me of the SDRR

SDRR Overview
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Tube mode, dynamics 10 oclock position, drive/character at setting 8 and full wet on the mix. DO NOT use this setting if you don't want to spend money!

Black friday is gonna be dark when there's no food in the fridge
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Ah man, please no. NOT demoing yet (already know it'll be awesome) since I've spent way too much on software the past couple of months
Old 31st October 2018
Deleted 19064ac
Looks nice. Will demo it later.

I'm just a little bit cautious what come to Softube since Tape and Weiss MM-1 occasionally crash Cubase (Pro 9.5) for some unknown reason.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Yeah, well... it may sound awesome, but I'm just waiting for the aliasing police to tell me whether it really does or not.

They should be here any minute.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
Yeah, well... it may sound awesome, but I'm just waiting for the aliasing police to tell me whether it really does or not.

Cool, the aliasing police are our friends!
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Addict

investigating now, already found some bits
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Good one! I never do anything without their expressed approval.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
Cool, the aliasing police are our friends!
Winners don't use aliasing.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7+1 View Post
wonder how it sounds.. reminds me of the SDRR

SDRR Overview
But, listening to the SDRR audio samples... at least the first few.... I don't hear the same quality I hear from the Softube one... maybe they are all set too extreme?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search