The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube releases Harmonics Analog Saturation Processor
Old 24th November 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarikusBrainz View Post
Agreed, hes the Jordan Rudess of VST processors and would endorse his granny's knickers as the ultimate mix tool when really they just smell of pee
This is just jealousy. He hasn’t endorsed anything bad. They have all been genuinely good products. Avenger is an award winning synthesiser.
Old 24th November 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
This is just jealousy. He hasn’t endorsed anything bad. They have all been genuinely good products. Avenger is an award winning synthesiser.
Given what he endorsed recently and the machine behind trying to push the ''north pole fridge sales'' I wouldnt say that its over simplifying the ''endorsement'' idea.

With that being said, I've bought Harmonics today and was very satisfied and pleased with the result.

Good job Softube.
Old 24th November 2018
Lives for gear

It really tells how bad are you doing in this job when you're Softube endorsee.
Myself at the the moment I'm paying to endorse Softube headquarters.
Old 27th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyass08 View Post
so, guys, how do you like harmonics compared to aroma or vsm-3 on mix bus?
I'm demoing it for 3 days and have mixed fillings: sounds really pleasant has a wide palette of colors and useful tone and dynamic sections. but as usually I don't sure it can do something can't be achieved with this two and eq
It can be but this and tape works the fastest plus the modern circuit sounds analog enough who care 5 6 percent difference I dont.What I like about softube its that it preserve the transients uad always makes everything sounds on the top it.doesnt blend as good.
Old 28th November 2018
Gear Maniac

I wish this and their tape plugin had Auto-gain on output
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Will this ever be integrated into Presonus Studio One, like Tape is?
Old 30th November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerothwell View Post
I didn't know Tape was integrated into Studio One.. Please tell me how??
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxy View Post
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxy View Post
....and this video discusses it too...

Old 30th November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
....and this video discusses it too...

I appreciate the info! I had no idea. I'm going to play around with that today. Very cool!
Old 8th December 2018
Lives for gear

I clicked on the Manual button and the user guide opens up but after trawling through the index and 500 pages no mention of this plugin.

As a side note I wish Softube would do individual manuals instead of this one encyclopedia of every Softube plugin.
Old 16th April 2019
Deleted bc6012f
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdirk View Post
Just tried the demo. Didn't expect to get excited about another saturation tool, but they proved me wrong. It's a gamechanger in an already overcrowded market. Softube really IS a class apart!
Same here. I was thinking "oh no not yet another saturation mushy destroyer of my mixes"...

I tried it. And it replaced every saturation i have (including Decapitator).

I can't believe how good sounding this little plugin is.

Now when they finally removed gobbler i am slowly trying plugins and can't stop being amazed and asking myself what was i missing this whole time and how i lived without working with these plugins

Even their Tape plugin is a class.
Old 16th April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
Same here. I was thinking "oh no not yet another saturation mushy destroyer of my mixes"...

Now when they finally removed gobbler i am slowly trying plugins and can't stop being amazed and asking myself what was i missing this whole time and how i lived without working with these plugins

I wanted to try it again but demo expired .. i hope softube would'provide demo s that get full features for like 30 min and then you have to re insert it , demo expiration is a pain when you want to retry stuff later or during a sale ...
Old 16th April 2019
Deleted bc6012f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
I wanted to try it again but demo expired .. i hope softube would'provide demo s that get full features for like 30 min and then you have to re insert it , demo expiration is a pain when you want to retry stuff later or during a sale ...
Perhaps you can mail them and they can "reset" demo for you. I don't know is that possible but maybe?

Seriously very high quality feel to this.

I forget to mention i tried it on 808 and 909 bus and i smiled and smiled

I am stupid loser Now i'll have to buy their Softube TubeTech MKII collection (they finally nailed compressor), Tape and Harmonic...i don't want to try their other new releases...

I hope they are not working at FET MKII - i mean all their latest FX plugins are really something in a class of it's own..it will be very sad day for my wallet..
Old 16th April 2019
Deleted bc6012f
Btw someone here asked how Harmonic is when compared to Slate Bomber.

Well imho (i have Bomber) they are entirely different processors. Not comparable. Not the same at all. Bomber is more compressing and is better for different task not for making sound saturated and bold in the way Harmonic is processing. Just my opinion.

Try both
Old 16th April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
Perhaps you can mail them and they can "reset" demo for you. I don't know is that possible but maybe?

Seriously very high quality feel to this.

I forget to mention i tried it on 808 and 909 bus and i smiled and smiled

I am stupid loser Now i'll have to buy their Softube TubeTech MKII collection (they finally nailed compressor), Tape and Harmonic...i don't want to try their other new releases...

I hope they are not working at FET MKII - i mean all their latest FX plugins are really something in a class of it's own..it will be very sad day for my wallet..
actually i prefer the old CL1B to the new one so be carefull , i tried harmonics and went with alisia Phils cascade at that time , i might ask for a reset
Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear
It’s on sale for Easter.

Get it for 99 buck with code ‘easteregg’
Old 26th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Bump.
Old 22nd October 2019
Do you like it now? Do you use it after year?
Old 22nd October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted bc6012f View Post

Hear hear. I demoed bunch of ”new” plugins few weeks ago and I’m still floored by the quality of Softube stuff. Taupe was a great surprise too although it has a different overall vibe.

I’ve worked with Studer tape machines (from budget versions to full high end stuff) and only UAD Ampex atr-102 has been the only tape plugin I truly like. Now there’s three better ones. Great stuff!
Old 12th November 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgenyStudio View Post
Do you like it now? Do you use it after year?
I haven't been using it a ton, but every time I pull it up I'm excited by the results. I tend to think of it when I really want to distort something, because it is so clean; you can drive it into extreme distortion and it stays very open and clean, you don't get that buzzy, cloudy, fake sound that most saturation plugins create until well past any input gain/drive setting that I would expect to be musically useful. Instead you just get beautiful rich, lively tone.

My favorite trick with it is to drive it really really hard and then set the mix knob to 10% or less.

Obviously it does a good job of more typical lightly driven "enlivening" saturation, but as it is quite CPU-intensive and there are other plugins that can do that without getting unacceptably cloudy and buzzy (True Iron, Aroma, HG-2), I tend to use those instead for light saturation. That said I have a very old and underpowered computer. It is possible that with a more powerful computer it could be a superior go-to saturation option as well.
Old 28th November 2019
Lives for gear

$49 BF sale. Worth it with all the other saturators released in the past year??
Old 28th November 2019
TJ5
Gear Nut
This is on sale for $44.20 (after additional 10% discount) during their Black Friday sale until Sunday December 1.
Old 28th November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddler View Post
Tube mode, dynamics 10 oclock position, drive/character at setting 8 and full wet on the mix. DO NOT use this setting if you don't want to spend money!

Black friday is gonna be dark when there's no food in the fridge
Well Black Friday 2019 is upon us annnnnd.......BOOYA!!
https://www.softube.com/products/harmonics#/
Old 28th November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ5 View Post
This is on sale for $44.20 (after additional 10% discount) during their Black Friday sale until Sunday December 1.
what additional 10% discount ?
Old 28th November 2019
TJ5
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjeudy View Post
what additional 10% discount ?
Use this code in your cart: SOFTUBEVIP10
Old 28th November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ5 View Post
Use this code in your cart: SOFTUBEVIP10
thanks!
Old 30th November 2019
Lives for gear

I looked on the Softube product page of this plugin, and it didnt specify

if i buy this - do i get 1 license, or TWO?

thanks.
Old 1st December 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy View Post
I looked on the Softube product page of this plugin, and it didnt specify

if i buy this - do i get 1 license, or TWO?

thanks.
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

Don't show up in the plugin editor here... only shows a black window Hmmm?

Windows 10 - Cubase 9.5 and 10.5 + Studio One 4.5
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search