The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SKnote announce Verbtone reverb v.2 - Multiple real plates, physical models.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

SKnote announce Verbtone reverb v.2 - Multiple real plates, physical models.

So we finally had this crazy yet extremely simple thing going on: Verbtone v.2

Build plates, measure and analyse, model using physics, fine tune until we get that deep, lush feeling from old recordings. No static impulse responses. Non-linearities, frequency responses, dynamics.

Verbtone is a very organic reverb that uses only physical models to get its sound as close as possible to a real metallic plate being moved and recorded.
We decided to extend the original concept and test more materials. Classical for well known sound, different for a wider palette.

The result is always deep and organic. This is a "dense" setting on a raw sax recording:

Verbtone - Dense - Raw sax playing

Still extremely simple: pick your plate, set a few parameters, play through.

Verbtone v.2 is being released next Nov 7h as VST/AU/AAX and as a special Linux version for our upcoming small "sidecar" (to be announced).
***EDIT Apologies for the usual delay, coming out in two or three more days.

Special launch price 29.99 $ (final MSRP 49.99$). Includes 100 presets.

(It will also be a free upgrade for existing users).

*** EDIT

Here we go with a simple video, electric guitar, clean and dirty:

Last edited by quintosardo; 9th November 2018 at 11:29 AM..
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Awesome. The original Verbtone is a great plate emulation, although perhaps too many controls for a simple soul like me. This one looks great.

I know there are some people who rag on Quinto, rightly or wrongly, but he has always treated existing customers very fairly with upgrades. Strip, Roundtone, Disto and now Verbtone have all been upgraded at no cost to me. Also, his credit system is very generous and lets me buy his already very cheap plugins even cheaper!

Anyway, looking forward to this. Gosh, it's really been the year of the reverb!
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Addict

Can’t wait to hear more out of this one. The sax demo sounds incredible. I presume if we buy Verbtone today that'll act as essentially a pre-order?
Old 31st October 2018
Deleted e71ab78
Is that carpet on the GUI? Instant win.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted e71ab78 View Post
I love the way the amp is sitting on a pile of books
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted e71ab78 View Post
We love carpets on GUIs. And relaxed environments
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
Can’t wait to hear more out of this one. The sax demo sounds incredible. I presume if we buy Verbtone today that'll act as essentially a pre-order?
Yes, of course. You get the current version (that, honestly, sounds so good) and have it automatically replaced by v.2 in your personal page on release.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
I love the way the amp is sitting on a pile of books
We wanted to keep the "experimental" feeling. That is really something similar to what we have been living to get the virtual running.

If you compare that amp to the interface of Percolate, yuou'll see how it is our custom hardware "test bench" for tubes.
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Yes, of course. You get the current version (that, honestly, sounds so good) and have it automatically replaced by v.2 in your personal page on release.
You're the man, Quinto.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

If I were the man we would be more and more working here. But we are happy like this, still :D
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
If I were the man we would be more and more working here. But we are happy like this, still :D
I don't know, but I already get the impression pure italian expresso runs through your veins rather than blood. Thanks for the amazing update!
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 6th beatle View Post
i don't know, but i already get the impression pure italian expresso runs through your veins rather than blood. Thanks for the amazing update!
e s p r e s s o
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitzalong Daway View Post
e s p r e s s o
Thanks Dad!

(isn't it humiliating when an innocent witticism shows up your own cultural ineptitude..oh well)
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

I personally prefer moka
Attached Thumbnails
SKnote announce Verbtone reverb v.2 - Multiple real plates, physical models.-music_moka.jpg  
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

We had some fun testing Verbtone v.2 with clean guitars through Deluxe1.

Quite liquid sound. We wanted to test the available depth.

Verbtone v.2 - Clean Electric Guitars ambience

Last edited by quintosardo; 31st October 2018 at 04:55 PM..
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
We had some fun testing Verbtone v.2 with clean guitars through Deluxe1[/URL]
Damn that's nice.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Something on the dirty side (both guitar and plate):

Dirty Guitar - Verbtone v.2
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Compared to Percolate (as a reference), how's the CPU on this thing?
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

It is a bit lower. Anyhow, being a typical send effect, the meaning of its cpu load is different.

We are also putting it into a standalone small digital box for total cpu relief. But this is another story
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
We love carpets on GUIs. And relaxed environments
If there is a GUI carpet, make sure to let the dog out more often.
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Addict

demos sound gorgeous
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Hope its not messed up as strip. Its amazing plate pleqse have a look at grasso update there its no.saturation.plugin like that
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
So we finally had this crazy yet extremely simple thing going on: Verbtone v.2

Build plates, measure and analyse, model using physics, fine tune until we get that deep, lush feeling from old recordings. No static impulse responses. Non-linearities, frequency responses, dynamics.

Verbtone is a very organic reverb that uses only physical models to get its sound as close as possible to a real metallic plate being moved and recorded.
We decided to extend the original concept and test more materials. Classical for well known sound, different for a wider palette.

The result is always deep and organic. This is a "dense" setting on a raw sax recording:

Verbtone - Dense - Raw sax playing
J
Still extremely simple: pick your plate, set a few parameters, play through.

Verbtone v.2 is being released next Nov 7h as VST/AU/AAX and as a special Linux version for our upcoming small "sidecar" (to be announced).

Special launch price 29.99 $ (final MSRP 49.99$). Includes 100 presets.

(It will also be a free upgrade for existing users).

Quinto... i’d Love to see you revisit spring reverbs... even with a completely new product
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Nut

Can we change carpet types for different sound absorption qualities?
Old 1st November 2018
Lives for gear

Do you read my mind? :D
Old 1st November 2018
Here for the gear

Not to mention the sound absorption qualities of the books

Seriously though any clues as to what controls of the size and properties of the plate(s) will be available?
Old 1st November 2018
Lives for gear

The parameters are the ones on the interface in the first post, there aren't subpages or whatever. On the interface you can select the plate from the rack on the left, plus a menu in the plate area lets you select a tuning option. We choose to keep it simple and don't expose continuous parameters like tension, that would have needed looking for good sounds among the bad ones, like when tuning the physical plate.
Old 1st November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Quinto... i’d Love to see you revisit spring reverbs... even with a completely new product
Well, Necklace is quite versatile, from classical guitar reverb to crazy springs configurations. May be time for an update for it, too

Last edited by quintosardo; 1st November 2018 at 12:25 PM..
Old 1st November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, Necklace is quite versatile, ffom classical guitar reverb to crazy springs configurations. May be time for an update for it, too
Yah... I love necklace but you’d be ahead of the game making a straight up emu of a few of the reverbs in combo Amps... a Fender, a vox... maybe a tremolo circuit, too?

It’s a missing link in the current plugin universe... plenty of amp sims have it built in, but, I don’t want to run a signal through the whole amp sim most of the time

Just a thought!
Old 1st November 2018
Lives for gear

Yes, makes sense. Actually the real reverb and tremolo need the whole amp, because reverb goes through the full path and tremolo, the one which I think is the absolute best, is a modulation of the final tube stage of the amp.

On the other side, still interesting, as a guitar amp has limited frequency range by design, so these effects around full range tube circuits could be very nice. And stereo.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search