The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SKnote announce Verbtone reverb v.2 - Multiple real plates, physical models.
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Guru

My Verbtone only works on SolidState, if you switch to Tube it goes fully dry, no reverb, regardless of the wet/dry control's setting. Any ideas, Quinto? This is on Logic 10.3 on OSX El Cap.
Old 23rd July 2019
Lives for gear

Hi, this looks like an incomplete install! Please write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it
Old 23rd July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
Quinto, i’ve just found that Verbtone is unusable with low buffer sizes - still not so much CPU but audio stattering - is it OK (a big physical model after all) or is it a bug?

Anything below 256 is not working. Latest Reaper, macOS 10.13, different RME interfaces.
CPU overload, I guess. Not a tracking reverb, for sure
Old 1st August 2019
Lives for gear

Verbtone AAX (both Win and Mac versions) updated online!

It should fix the startup issue on some installations

Please use email (quintosardo at yahoo dot it) for reporting, if needed.

Beautiful plate reverb, on all kinds of sources. Makes me want to try to work on some covers of "The Dark Side of The Moon"

I can't stop watching this DVD:

https://www.amazon.it/Pink-Floyd-Mak.../dp/B00009QNXX

Old 7th August 2019
Lives for gear

And... Mac AAX version updated online, again
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
"Special launch price 29.99 $ (final MSRP 49.99$). Includes 100 presets."

I bought it, but where are the 100 presets?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Mine still only works in solid state mode under logic 10.3 .......valve option all is silent, sadly.

Edit: sorry, will download and see if I am up to date.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poldolino View Post
"Special launch price 29.99 $ (final MSRP 49.99$). Includes 100 presets."

I bought it, but where are the 100 presets?
Please check Verbtone web page. We just fixed a missing link.

There are two sets of 50 presets each. They are in Cubase VST format. We are updating Verbtone, adding our new preset management system, so we can get it to read universal files.

Verbtone could look like a one-knob thing, actually, being a plate. It has lots of variations instead :D

Last edited by quintosardo; 4 weeks ago at 11:20 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Plerase check Verbtone web page. We just fixed a missing link.

There are two sets of 50 presets each. They are in Cubase VST format. We are updating Verbtone, adding our new preset management system, so we can get it to read universal files.

Verbtone could look like a one-knob thing, actually, being a plate. It has lots of variations instead :D
Thank you, but how can I load them? I am working in Logic.
Peter
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Please check Verbtone web page. We just fixed a missing link.

Please Quinto, when you update please fix the output volume, so the full mixed signal (wet and dry) can be adjusted!

::
Mads
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you, but how can I load them? I am working in Logic.
Peter
Peter, we are finally coming out of this honestly ridiculous limitation of preset formats updating Verbtone with our new preset management system which works with our universal format. Should require like a week. Please write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it if this is a concern for you.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung View Post
Please Quinto, when you update please fix the output volume, so the full mixed signal (wet and dry) can be adjusted!

::
Mads
Right.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Peter, we are finally coming out of this honestly ridiculous limitation of preset formats updating Verbtone with our new preset management system which works with our universal format. Should require like a week. Please write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it if this is a concern for you.
A week is no problem, thank you
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
A week is no problem, thank you
We'll start from your favourite format, Mac/VST/AU.

I'm shooting a quick video showcasing the presets, while you had me thinking about it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:

I'm shooting a quick video showcasing the presets, while you had me thinking about it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Hi Quinto, hi guys,
I love the sound of Verbatone2 from the demos and video. At the moment I use the Abbey Road plate from Waves, but I want to jump out of the Waves wagon and beside that it has a ridiculous amount of CPU usage. Can Verbatone replace the Waves plugin and does it have a reasonable CPU hunger? Thank you.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I couldn´t let my fingers of it and bought it.
@ QUINTO :
Unfortunately Verbtone does introduce latency. I am using it on a sent/return efx-track. While it wouldn´t be a big deal while mixing, it´s not so good while playing my piano-library live. I´m using it with Win7 / Cubase 8 Pro.
Will you provide a fix for that? Problem is, I bought it to use it within a live performance context. An update to reduce latency would be an update welcomed with opened arms.
@ ALL :
Verbtone is sounding very good and relatively close to real plates. For my taste it could have more distortion if driven harder. Quality-wise it´s not as good as Waves AbbeyRoad Plates, but this one simply is unspeakable insane (I hate to say that), but therefore it eats your CPU for breakfast.
I find Quintos plate a bit above Valhallha Plate due to a little more natural feel. In the end its not of too much difference but it is different. CPU consumption is above Valhallha but drastically less than the Abbey Roads Plate.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Oh, a final output gain. I never think of it, probably because I always use this on a send bus, so the final output level is the channel's fader and the Mix knib is always 100% wet.

Just curious: why so many prefer to use a reverb in an insert slot?
Hi. Especially reverbs and delays I like to use as send/return effects set the plugin to 100% wet. That gives me more control over the amount of driving the plugin and the overall unity gain matching situation concerning the original track volume. Beside that I like to build huge effect-chains and control them independently in level. Especially reverb-tails I like to fatten up with saturation or distortion and put some delay, EQ, flanger, chorus, granular-efx, and whatnot behind or in front of the reverb unit. That's perfect on send-channels when dialing out the amount of return madness or the amount of driving into the chain.

Btw, this plate is so nice sounding I can imagine using it on every possible audio source. Cheers
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear
Quote:

Weeks later, nothing happened :(
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search