The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SKnote announce Verbtone reverb v.2 - Multiple real plates, physical models.
Old 27th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STSQ View Post
So you're saying that this natural disaster that occurred only a few days ago is responsible for all the delays on Sknote promised updates of the last few months?? You can't seriously believe that.
No !

He did not say that.

Read again please

Last edited by Gemylon; 27th December 2018 at 12:21 AM..
Old 27th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STSQ View Post
So you're saying that this natural disaster that occurred only a few days ago is responsible for all the delays on Sknote promised updates of the last few months?? You can't seriously believe that.
Of course I'm not saying that! But there's no point in chasing for an update when a bloody great volcano is knocking one out a couple of miles up the road.

Look, I want the update to Verbtone and Percolate and Deluxe1 and SDC and Disto as much as the next man. And I want TwinR to be released too. And everything else that Quinto has promised. Yeah, he's quite unreliable and unrealistic with his time-frames - even he knows that! I'm just saying that there are some things in life a tad more important than a plugin. For you and me, sure we've put money in to it and we want a working bit of software. It's just that moaning about the plugin seems a bit, well, insensitive given the events over there right now.

Hopefully this will blow over and people can get back to their lives and Quinto can crack on with fixing the bugs and we can go back to enjoying his plugins. But clearly, not right now.

Just sayin'
Old 28th December 2018
Lives for gear

He guys, I want to clarify that nothing is like the disaster you can imagine.
We are exactly on the center where the eartquake was but really nothing is visible here, no damages, no real stops of activities (apart from a short deviation from our main highway for a small crack), nothing. Also we are really used to earthquakes (doesn't mean we are prepared to :/ ) so many of us didn't even wake up and feel it (I strangely did but only because it was preceded by a blackout that made all the alarms in the neighbourhood howl at once) and just moved under a beam like my old experience with safety and emergency plans says

Looks like when a thing is portrayed by the news it looks 1000 times bigger than it is. A few years ago a friend of mine called to ask if it was true the houses were covered by lava (they weren't).
Sure, there have been some damages on a few unlucky spots but you could really see nothing strange if you came here.

We have spectacular flows of lava (visible at night) and a bit of ash on roads. Had a normal warm Christmas and are planning a nice end of year.

So, all the delays are due exclusively to my usual excess of enthusiasm (makes me spend ages studying and testing and improving), continuous work on algorithms (we have new guys here working 100% on testing the quality of the algos by making music all day), to my usual open-development style (you can see ongoing changes and consider them delays) and the usual flu that stopped me, still the bottleneck here. You can also see how we moved announced releases with unpredictable release dates where they belong, the announcements section.

NAMM 2019 is really close and we are working hard to have everything aligned and the new things ready for that.
Old 28th December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
we have new guys here working 100% on testing the quality of the algos by making music all day
Do you have any vacant positions left?
Old 29th December 2018
Here for the gear

Crash reaper

Hi, i have trouble ( Demo version work nice, but full version crash Reaper (Mac Os High Sierra, Reaper 5.9)
Old 29th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens L. View Post
Do you have any vacant positions left?
We've had recently but we simply put a post on Facebook and then we found a guy perfect for the position. Somebody local was the simplest solution, of course.

Would you move to this rumbling and shaking and erupting place?
Old 29th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadjar View Post
Hi, i have trouble ( Demo version work nice, but full version crash Reaper (Mac Os High Sierra, Reaper 5.9)
Hi! Would you write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it so we can check it better?

We use it in the same configuration here, we just need to make it happen here as usual with debugging.
Old 29th December 2018
Here for the gear

Ok, i'll sent message with reapers log
Old 11th January 2019
Lives for gear

AAX ?
Old 12th January 2019
Gee
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirito View Post
AAX ?
Can't wait!
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear

Ok, last tests and the final for AAX is out.

Reeeally loving this one for old style sound (King Crimson, Pnk Floyd, Italian Premiata Forneria Marconi, general Prog Rock...) and on almost all acoustic sources. Really lovely
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear

Any plans to add more plate types? The difference in plates is quite surprising really, makes it a lot of fun.
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear

Sure, we need to source some new raw plates, until we decide to go with some fantasy ones...
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Ok, last tests and the final for AAX is out.

Reeeally loving this one for old style sound (King Crimson, Pnk Floyd, Italian Premiata Forneria Marconi, general Prog Rock...) and on almost all acoustic sources. Really lovely
Will that update include the corrected latency reporting?
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear

Yes, of course!
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear

let's finish AAX before we put new Plates maybe
Old 17th January 2019
Lives for gear

That's for sure
Old 20th January 2019
Gear Nut

Where do I buy this? There is no link on the site or the site shop yet people are talking here about having the full version.
Old 20th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceover Guy View Post
Where do I buy this? There is no link on the site or the site shop yet people are talking here about having the full version.
I'm pretty sure if you buy the original Verbtone you actually get V2.
Old 20th January 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
I'm pretty sure if you buy the original Verbtone you actually get V2.
Thanks, - can someone confirm this please? SKnote?
Old 21st January 2019
Lives for gear

You get this one as VST/AU, v.2 for AAX (until released). A mess, I understand

It is in the webshop, that always contains only the latest current versions.
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear

Making demos on flute. Not so easy to play but I'm trying. I'd love to master a little bit of that old prog-rock style (Genesis, Gentle Giant, PFM, Jethro Tull...). And this reverb is perfect for that kind of things.
Old 2nd February 2019
Gear Addict

Any news on a new version that fixes the unreported latency problem?

I'd say that one should come before any kind of audio-demo... why would you want to demo a broken plugin?
Old 2nd February 2019
Lives for gear

The plugin isn't broken, it happens on a version, just a recompile we are doing together with AAX.
They are not done by the same person. Demos, testing, listening, recording, mixing, etc. are from another person
Old 2nd February 2019
Gear Addict

No offense Quinto, but from what you wrote above it sounds as if you were doing these flute-demos yourself and I was under the assumption that you were also the one compiling the plugins...

it is in as much broken as it currently can't really be used on inserts. On a send it isn't a significant problem imo, I give you that.

But people listening to audio-demos (and the reverb actually sounds really gorgeous) might very well end up being persuaded to purchase something where they find out they can not use it in a way they thought they could.

Almost two months ago you said the fix would be released "on Monday" and from what we know - just as a matter of fact - there is little correlation between release dates you give here and the actual ones - if there is eventually an actual release going to be at all, that is. So the next Verbtone update might get released next week, next month or next year. Nobody knows - you included, I tend to assume. But in the meantime people keep purchasing it.

So what about adding at least a disclaimer on the Verbtone-webpage explaining that the plugin currently can not really be used on inserts due to unreported latency?

Would you say that is an unreasonable suggestion?
Old 2nd February 2019
Lives for gear

No, sounds reasonable, but it is really a digital bit to set. The time needed to replace the version is less than to modify the page. We are replacing it monday.
Still a deep and complex effect, never used it in an insert, though.
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

What happened to the AAX version ?

Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

What happened to me!

Ready to be uploaded, let's try to get it out within this week.
Old 24th February 2019
Lives for gear

One of the best plate reverbs i’ve heard!
Quinto did it again! Great job!

One thing:
Too big UI, takes half of 15” non-hidpi laptop screen... and what the big plate image there for?
Old 27th February 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks, actually we are really loving it here

Using it on all the video/audio demos on styles that had just electro-mechanical plate reverbs (and real ambience) as an option.

The big plate image is useful to:

- Tap on the plate to check the response.
- Select the current plate.
- Select the power stage.
- Possible future extensions.
- Keep the client involved helping with understanding what you are touching in the mix while he is sitting beside you.

Too big, though
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search