The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Apogee FX Rack - Limited Initial Release Now Available
Old 14th October 2019
Thanks for your feedback
Is there an awesome LA3A plug-in that is not UAD?
Probably definitely grab the EQP1A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimos Guitar View Post
Hi Angus, the EQP1A seems to me to be the finest emulation of this piece of gear until now (I do not have the UAD one, but just about all he other available Pultec software, including Nebula and AA, far too many). The Apogee EQPs, officially approved by Pulse, made me sell my two Warm Audio Pultecs straight away. The software sounded so much better. You will find a shooutout made by Sweetwater (on their website) with tons of hardware and sw Pultecs in comparison, a very nice PT session in 96K, so that you really can compare. I find that the Apogees stand out very well.
The LA3A is also very nice, just not that outstanding, I feel.
To you second question. No, I am not planning to sell mine.. :-)
Old 14th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguswoodhead View Post
Thanks for your feedback
Is there an awesome LA3A plug-in that is not UAD?
Probably definitely grab the EQP1A.
The LA3A in Overloud's LA (includes an LA2A emulation) is very good.

Product webpage: https://overloud.com/products/comp-la

a current GS thread: Overloud - COMP LA Opto Compressor - 2A and 3A version in one plugin!

Outside the world of Nebula / AA anyway (which I am not plugged into and so cannot comment), the Apogee and Overloud seem to be at the top of the LA3A heap currently.

As far as EQP1-A's, I haven't given the Apogee version a thorough try yet, but the Noiseash is very good!

https://www.noiseash.com/rule-tec-eq1a/

NoiseAsh Releases Rule Tec Collection
Old 17th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPower View Post
Apogee Dual Path IS an advertised yet unreleased feature/product.

When will there be a release?
Is it true that there is still zero news on this at AES?? I know some of the folks on this thread are there. Would someone please enquire and post back.
Old 17th October 2019
Gear Maniac

I can't believe there is no news on dual path in AES.. Please somebody ask them what's going on
Old 18th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Duck View Post
I can't believe there is no news on dual path in AES.. Please somebody ask them what's going on
Me too!
Old 18th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fmb View Post

As far as EQP1-A's, I haven't given the Apogee version a thorough try yet, but the Noiseash is very good!

https://www.noiseash.com/rule-tec-eq1a/

NoiseAsh Releases Rule Tec Collection
I give it a try, but I prefer the Analog obsession Rare EQ, which is Free.
Old 18th October 2019
Gear Addict

Are Apogee ever going to make their plugins available to Windows users? Their new Clearmountain's Domain plugin has been promised for around the second week in November for a Windows version but how about their other native plugins?
Old 18th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Are Apogee ever going to make their plugins available to Windows users? Their new Clearmountain's Domain plugin has been promised for around the second week in November for a Windows version but how about their other native plugins?
In Oct. 2018 Dual Path was supposed to be released in a month - then January - then March 2019 - then they stopped saying - its now a year later. Just saying...

Is there no one at the show to ask about this??? They won't answer emails I send or posts I write here or on their Facebook page for 6 months now...
Old 18th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
In Oct. 2018 Dual Path was supposed to be released in a month - then January - then March 2019 - then they stopped saying - its now a year later. Just saying...

Is there no one at the show to ask about this??? They won't answer emails I send or posts I write here or on their Facebook page for 6 months now...
Try going to the AES forum part of the website here on GS on the Clearmountain's Domain thread and ask there as I think they have been posting messages there maybe.
Old 19th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Try going to the AES forum part of the website here on GS on the Clearmountain's Domain thread and ask there as I think they have been posting messages there maybe.
I did post there in response to another posters expectation of a Windows version of the new plugin being available in a month. I told the story of how the Dual Path was said to be coming many times since Oct 2018. I prefer to let threads stay on point. (PS - as I look now for that post it is not there - maybe I stepped on a few toes already - I try to keep my negative comments factual - not abusive - at least - so I think :-)

PS - I am deeply saddened by Apogee abandoning all efforts on communicating to the community (the two or three of us that is) that are waiting for them to release the product they advertise (all year) as released.

I think I will post every few days the same thing on this thread just so anyone who is interested might see and be warned of this deception.
Old 24th October 2019
Lives for gear
I chatted with Apogee on their website today. No dates for release could be had. I heard that it is a "Top Priority" and the phrase by "the end of the year" came up. I voiced my concerns (like I have here) about advertising an unreleased feature as released and they were understood.

Their Tech Support people are always great. I asked that all my concerns be sent to someone who could do something about at least communicating what the real deal is.

Make of all this what you will. I have zero expectation that communication will improve or that an end of the year release is going to happen. We shall see...

Last edited by ProPower; 24th October 2019 at 02:22 AM..
Old 24th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
I chatted with Apogee today on their website today. No dates for release could be had. I heard that it is a "Top Priority" and the phrase by "the end of the year" came up. I voiced my concerns (like I have here) about advertising an unreleased feature as released and they were understood.

Their Tech Support people are always great. I asked that all my concerns be sent to someone who could do something about at least communicating what the real deal is.

Make of all this what you will. I have zero expectation that communication will improve or that an end of the year release is going to happen. We shall see...
We shall.
Old 24th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I chatted with Apogee today on their website today...Make of all this what you will. I have zero expectation that communication will improve or that an end of the year release is going to happen. We shall see...
Indeed we will, but thank you for your efforts!
Old 25th October 2019
Gear Nut

DualPath Update - Beta 3 release

To all in the GS community that have been waiting for the final DualPath release, bare with us for one more very stable beta version :-) We will be making DualPath Beta 3 available next week. So, if you are a registered Ensemble Thunderbolt or Element Series customer, look for an email on Tuesday, October 29th with download instructions and release notes. As always, your feedback is much appreciated. Please use the link in the email to let us know what your experience is.
We deeply appreciate your patience!

P.S. If you have provided DualPath beta feedback in the past, look for an additional email with a very special offer!

Team Apogee
Old 25th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApogeeDigital View Post
To all in the GS community that have been waiting for the final DualPath release, bare with us for one more very stable beta version :-) We will be making DualPath Beta 3 available next week. So, if you are a registered Ensemble Thunderbolt or Element Series customer, look for an email on Tuesday, October 29th with download instructions and release notes. As always, your feedback is much appreciated. Please use the link in the email to let us know what your experience is.

P.S. If you have provided DualPath beta feedback in the past, look for an additional email with a very special offer!

Team Apogee
It is encouraging (IMO) to see Apogee giving an update on Dual Path :-). A fairly clean 3rd Beta (hopefully close to a release candidate) would be an excellent thing. I wonder what OS this will be for - Mojave 10.14.5, 6? Catalina?
Old 29th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
... look for an email on Tuesday, October 29th with download instructions and release notes. ....
Team Apogee
No email yet...

Correction ... email is out :-)

Last edited by ProPower; 29th October 2019 at 10:38 PM..
Old 30th October 2019
Lives for gear

Same here unfortunately, i'm off studio for a week... Glad they still support sierra..
Old 30th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Team Apogee
I provided beta feedback and saw nothing in the beta3 announcement email nor a separate email with a special offer.
Old 30th October 2019
Gear Nut

I've received the email, but I'll wait early adopters' opinions
Old 30th October 2019
Gear Maniac

if this is a "very stable" beta im game...
Old 30th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Team Apogee
I am also a registered Ensemble Thunderbolt user and have not received an email
Old 1st November 2019
Here for the gear

Greetings. Been running DualPath Beta Release 3 for about two days now. No major problems to speak of. Nice and stable and the plugs sound great.

Is there work to be done? Yes.

But this release makes me confident that Apogee is gonna see this through.
Old 1st November 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikeny View Post
Greetings. Been running DualPath Beta Release 3 for about two days now. No major problems to speak of. Nice and stable and the plugs sound great.

Is there work to be done? Yes.

But this release makes me confident that Apogee is gonna see this through.
I must be missing something. If it’s nice and stable and sounds great, what work is there to be done?
Old 1st November 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
I must be missing something. If it’s nice and stable and sounds great, what work is there to be done?
  • low level sound glitches when spawning a new rack. Nothing like the blasts from previous releases but still unacceptable.
  • Some issues with FX Rack / Apogee Control interaction.
  • Some issues with DuelPath (FX Rack / Pro Tools interaction.)
  • "Print to tape" missing.

For the record: ProTools 2019.6, Ensemble Thunderbolt.

I hardly used Beta 2 but I never uninstalled it either. Beta 3 will see some use. One channel at a time.
Old 1st November 2019
Gear Maniac

I believe print to tape is done by placing the plugin on the apogee console but not on the channel in your DAW. The documentation wasn’t clear on this, but that’s my memory of it. Not at my computer so I can’t test it out before posting...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Nothing

Quote:

Team Apogee

I am registered Element24 user, haven’t seen a single email from you about any of the beta versions
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicardoWheelock View Post
I am registered Element24 user, haven’t seen a single email from you about any of the beta versions
Same here, I'd like to get involved too.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
Finally happy to say that so far in light work and some stress testing on Beta 3 that gave Betas 1+2 problems - no issues so far :-). I don't love "Logic" but the Apogee/Logic workflow is so good I am hard pressed to use other DAWs today...

PS - here is a link for Beta3 (mods or Apogee let me know if this is not allowed)
https://apogeedigital.us5.list-manag...8&e=2a9db682ff
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Finally happy to say that so far in light work and some stress testing on Beta 3 that gave Betas 1+2 problems - no issues so far :-). I don't love "Logic" but the Apogee/Logic workflow is so good I am hard pressed to use other DAWs today...
Yep, it's been working great here too - the workflow is pretty amazing and so smartly integrated. Has nice advantages over my HDX system when working solo.

Does anyone know if Beta 3 has multi-unit support?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search