Old 18th October 2020
Gear Addict

I’m so happy I found this deal!
The Pultecs are lovely and the 3a. Happy days
Old 20th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I found a bug with these plug-ins.
In Pro Tools when using commit up to this insert with one of these plug-ins after the commited plug-in it will return to default value on the destination track.
Latest Pro Tools on Mojave.

Svein
Old 21st October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo View Post
I’m so happy I found this deal!
The Pultecs are lovely and the 3a. Happy days
how long did BO take to send u codes?
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Under an hour with me!
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
So you've compared UAD and Apogee Opto 3A and Pultecs? Any more to share there? :¬)

Well, offhand I can also say I like the Rule-tech and Overtone Pultecs quite a bit as well. A wonderful palette of options when combined with the Apogee and UAD.

For the 3A, check out Overloud's Comp LA. You get a very good 2A and 3A in one bundle.

Did you mean this sort of additional comparison, or something useage specific about the UAD's and Apogee's?
Gear Addict

Quote:
It was instant.
Maybe they run out and are waiting for more from Apogee.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svein View Post
Under an hour with me!
Thank you!
at $99 a no brainer

...now a collective shout to the universe that Celemony slashes the full Studio 5 price for Black Friday I really think FOR NOW that's the last software I need to upgrade.
If anybody has a license they want to offload DM me
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
It was instant.
Maybe they run out and are waiting for more from Apogee.
TY... done and done... never used them before so was curious
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fmb View Post
Well, offhand I can also say I like the Rule-tech and Overtone Pultecs quite a bit as well. A wonderful palette of options when combined with the Apogee and UAD.

For the 3A, check out Overloud's Comp LA. You get a very good 2A and 3A in one bundle.

Did you mean this sort of additional comparison, or something useage specific about the UAD's and Apogee's?
I wondered which you preferred out of Apogee and UAD. I have an Octo card now so will compare them after the mix I'm working on is done.

Yes, we're spoiled for choice!

I hope UAD update their 3A to the same level as their 2A. Still, I use Apogee for quick mixing and TimP if needing 'proper ' treatment :¬)
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I wondered which you preferred out of Apogee and UAD. I have an Octo card now so will compare them after the mix I'm working on is done.

I hope UAD update their 3A to the same level as their 2A. Still, I use Apogee for quick mixing and TimP if needing 'proper ' treatment :¬)

Quote:
Yeah the Apogee stuff is cleaner than most other options - one of the main reasons I like them :¬)

EQP-1A and Opto-3A are also used in my vocal tracking chain.

For most uses currently, the nod to the Apogee for 3A; and Pultec's I'm really using about equally the Apogee, UAD and Rule-Tec's . UAD needs a mkii version of 3A, yes!

You and I are on a lot of the same threads checking things out, sharing impressions. Curious: what else is typically on your vocal tracking chain?
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fmb View Post
For most uses currently, the nod to the Apogee for 3A; and Pultec's I'm really using about equally the Apogee, UAD and Rule-Tec's . UAD needs a mkii version of 3A, yes!

You and I are on a lot of the same threads checking things out, sharing impressions. Curious: what else is typically on your vocal tracking chain?
The best chain I've heard, and am most happiest with, is the UAD one on this last track. Pultec > 1176LN Rev E > LA2A Gray > ATR. A touch of MDW5 for surgical cuts, and EMT 250.

AEA KU5A via Weight Tank WT-72.

My chain was always changing (especially when mixing) but I'm done now, this is perfect. Famous last words? :¬)
Old 22nd October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Bose... I'm honestly curious... and you can 100% DM me if don't want to broadcast it.. cause not trying to derail this thread.

But I see you've recently gone UAD.... I had the full range 12 cores, etc. Several years ago moved away from it, and never went back. Actually felt it was a great investment while I had it... and felt I "cashed out" right when I could confidently emulate most of what I needed native with a good CPU (non-DSP)
The only thing I really missed was the tape... until IK's most recent... but the way I'm mixing right now, not even really devoted to tape.
(I don't use any UA Interfaces - I tried once didn't like the AD/DA...My setup at the time was 3 quad satellites and my Apogee Symphony)

I'm curious to hearing how you enjoy the UAD environment in 2020.. with Non UAD hardware/interfaces.
Old 22nd October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Bose... I'm honestly curious... and you can 100% DM me if don't want to broadcast it.. cause not trying to derail this thread.

But I see you've recently gone UAD.... I had the full range 12 cores, etc. Several years ago moved away from it, and never went back. Actually felt it was a great investment while I had it... and felt I "cashed out" right when I could confidently emulate most of what I needed native with a good CPU (non-DSP)
The only thing I really missed was the tape... until IK's most recent... but the way I'm mixing right now, not even really devoted to tape.
(I don't use any UA Interfaces - I tried once didn't like the AD/DA...My setup at the time was 3 quad satellites and my Apogee Symphony)

I'm curious to hearing how you enjoy the UAD environment in 2020.. with Non UAD hardware/interfaces.
Honestly - I love it. Using UAD on the mixbus and on key channels frees up so much CPU (I'm only on a 6700K quad core), especially since I'm using Reaper. I can keep more instruments live and not have to freeze/render so much.

Bear in mind this is the honeymoon phase :¬)

I wanted to try UAD just to mix into ATR102 with zero CPU or latency, but have also fallen for the mixing comps. They retain dynamics/openness when pushed (like Nebula or the best algos).

Sound quality wise, just like algos and AA/N4, some sound better than others. Thankfully the ones I'm interested in are the best which is handy.

If it were interface only I'd not be using them, as you say, dropping in a PCIe card into a hackintosh is minimal disruption. I love my LIO-8 3D and wouldn't move from it. I could (and did) live without UAD no problem, you certainly don't need it. BUT, I'm keeping this card and will probably grab the ultimate bundle. Expensive one off hit, but it equates to £43 per plugin (Octo card HW cost included), which is Fuse Audio levels

I was going turbo writing/tracking/producing/mixing/mastering a song in one day yesterday for a competition, using only Slate VSX and UAD. Very happy with the results. Today, now the track is finished (phew!), I can spend some time doing blind AB tests.

I rambled a bit there and I'm not sure I even answered your question
Old 23rd October 2020
Lives for gear

I am a UAD user and fan, but I prefer using the Apogee versions of the Pultecs and 3a because they don’t add latency. Sonically, not much to choose between them, IMHO.
Old 6th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Just heard they are going to be updating these for Windows this weekend!
Old 7th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by leckel1996 View Post
FINALLY!!! LOL.

I have been requesting Windows versions for ages.
Old 7th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by leckel1996 View Post
The Windows versions are up on the site now.
Old 8th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Mato View Post
The Windows versions are up on the site now.
Cheers for the heads up

Edit: just been looking and think I will wait and see what they do for BF.

Also be good if they included Clearmountain's Domain in the Complete Bundle.
Old 18th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Demoing these plugins right now...modcomp is the star of the show for me. And the saturation in the channel strip is awesome.
Old 25th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Black Octopus has the All FX bundle for $99, I love these Pultec EQ’s.

https://blackoctopus-sound.com/produ...all-fx-bundle/
Maybe an error? It's $499 now on Black Octopus!!! And the Apogee site with the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale has the bundle for $249.50 and the single EQP1-A for $99. Weird pricing for sure . . .
Old 25th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

No error, I bought it for $99
You're 6 weeks late for the deal...
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
No error, I bought it for $99
You're 6 weeks late for the deal...
Wow! I guess I am!!! Still weird though that they would have such a deal at that time and BlackFriday/CyberMonday practically nothing . . . oh well . . .
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

$69,99 would be a great deal for MEQ-5 at Black Friday... $99 is a bit unimpressive.
Old 28th November 2020 | Show parent
hbr
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I have an Apogee FX Rack bundle of 4 plug-ins for sale:

Plug-ins Included:

ModComp,
ModEQ,
Opto-3A,
Pultec EQP-1A

$150 - plus transfer fee if there's any.

MP me if interested.
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I too would like to see a more appetizing offering... I have 4 of the first 5 (as do many others) - $49 to complete would be nice. $199 for the MEQ alone is kind of crazy talk pricing to me ... LOL...
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPower View Post
I too would like to see a more appetizing offering... I have 4 of the first 5 (as do many others) - $49 to complete would be nice. $199 for the MEQ alone is kind of crazy talk pricing to me ... LOL...
I agree. I can buy a bunch of iZotope plugins for this price, and Logic Pro built-in Pultec-like eqs are not so bad. $100 as standard price and $60 on Black Friday seems a decent offer.
Old 16th December 2020 | Show parent
What channel strip? What saturation? I thought these were individual fx plugins (no channel strip) and eq/comp no saturation (other than as part of fx emulation)
Gear Head

You have to use the FX rack to drive into them and you can also assemble a kind of channel strip with it. Not sure if the FX rack comes with individual plugs but I know it comes with the bundle I bought.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsieq View Post
You have to use the FX rack to drive into them and you can also assemble a kind of channel strip with it. Not sure if the FX rack comes with individual plugs but I know it comes with the bundle I bought.
When you buy the bundle, you get the fx rack/channel strip.
You don’t have to use it.
📝 Reply