The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
OSAKA MIX EQ from London Acoustics, is out. - Official Acqua N4 plugin Equalizer Plugins
Old 11th October 2018
Gear Head

Software OSAKA MIX EQ from London Acoustics, is out. - Official Acqua N4 plugin

We're thrilled to announce our next audio plugin, which also takes the quality of London Acoustics to the next level, with no compromises.:*OSAKA MIX EQ

Check out high resolution audio samples, more videos, and manual, at this link:*Osaka Mix EQ - London Acoustics - Audio Plugins

OSAKA MIX EQ is a custom-built, solid-state parametric equalizer designed with no compromise on quality.
It features LOW SHELF, LOW-MID and HIGH-MID PARAMETRIC, and HI SHELF parameter controls, somewhat Oxford-esque in inspiration, though specially developed for mixing purposes, to bring a wide palette of colour to your mixes.

OSAKA MIX EQ features a second preamp stage called DRIFT+, an addtional preamp stage with custom circuitry, sampled and developed entirely by LONDON ACOUSTICS to emphasize the “analogue feel” of this equipment.
“Analogue Drift” is in regard to the effect of the component’s temperature altering its sonic character, over time.
All of these subtle variations are usually due to naturally occurring reactions in circuitry that have not been compensated for in the design. This phenomenon is also known as the (with a slightly less glamorous name) “Flaw/Feature effect”.

This effect gives, in the physical hardware domain, more openness and the impression of more air, and more subtle enhancement of dynamic, to make your recording sound more “alive”. The Analogue DRIFT+ feature is an integral part of that sonic character that gives vintage signal processors that analogue sound.

With DRIFT+, we have harnessed this effect and brought it in line with current audio standards: recreating this effect in an amplified way, improving the fidelity, widening the frequency spectrum and response.
The DRIFT+ option is well suited to nearly every kind of track, mixing group, and sometimes even worth try on the master buss!

OSAKA MIX EQ is an official third-party plugin for*N4 Player

FEATURES:

Low Shelf +/-15dB gain, 20 - 400Hz fequency range.

Mid-Low Parametric, continuous bell-Q shape (narrow to wide), +/-15dB gain, continuous 50Hz-1.3kHz frequency range.

Mid-High Parametric, continuous bell-Q shape (narrow to wide), +/-15dB gain, continuous 1kHz-13kHz frequency range.

High Shelf +/-15dB gain, 1.5 - 13kHz fequency range.

Solid State analogue circuit preamp on/off button.

Analogue Drift circuit [DRIFT+] on/off button.

Bypass on/off button

VU Meters IN/OUT -42/+5dB

VST, AU, AAX – 32, 64 bit

Price (MSRP): €70.00*[now with the introductory price of*€59.50*(15% off) until the 11th of November]

Licensing: Challenge-response authorization system allows activation for two computers per license.

The trial version is fully functional for a duration of four weeks. Trial license allows the activation of two computers per license.

Formats supported:
Supported operation systems: OS X and Windows.
Supported plug-in formats: VST2, AAX, and AU.
Supported architectures: 32 and 64-bits.

A little bit about London Acoustics:
We are a London-based group of very passionate producers and musicians with a passion for recording gear and years of experience working in the pro-audio industry. Our mission is to offer cool new sound palettes for*Acustica Audio Nebula*users and, of course, for ourselves!

London Acoustics Plugin Installation tutorial:
YouTube

Much love.
Old 11th October 2018
I already own TOKYO and I love it. I can't wait to try this.
Old 11th October 2018
Produces nice air and tone

Really like the GUI.
Old 11th October 2018
Lives for gear

This is a damn fine channel EQ IMHO, well worth a demo!
Old 11th October 2018
Lives for gear

Wish this had LP/HP filters. Will still demo it though!
Old 11th October 2018
Lives for gear
Hmm interesting. Had a couple minutes before starting my day. The preamps add just enough analog character to an otherwise clinical sounding eq to separate this from something like the Oxford eq. Wouldnt be my first choice for boosts but on the sharpest Q it does fantastic for corrections in the mid range.
Old 11th October 2018
Lives for gear

Please make sure you guys experiment with the input trim knob. Even with the preamp switched off, it impacts how the EQ curves sound. This has got to be one of the dynamic nebula programs in existence. It really matters how hard the signal enters N4.
Old 11th October 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
Please make sure you guys experiment with the input trim knob. Even with the preamp switched off, it impacts how the EQ curves sound. This has got to be one of the dynamic nebula programs in existence. It really matters how hard the signal enters N4.
Interesting. Ill have to check this out later. Thanks Bmanic
Old 11th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Did they keep the uncleaned kernels with echo bug in favour of a more authentic sound like in Tokyo??
Old 11th October 2018
Gear Nut
FOMO makes me want to get this but do I really need it?
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
Did they keep the uncleaned kernels with echo bug in favour of a more authentic sound like in Tokyo??
Hi V4anger, both TOKYO and OSAKA are echo "bug" free.
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Anyone running this on Windows 7 x64? I can't get it past the blacklist in Cubase or Studio One.
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachaction View Post
Anyone running this on Windows 7 x64? I can't get it past the blacklist in Cubase or Studio One.
Hey, zachaction, did you install before N4 commercial OR N4 Player (that is fully functional and free) N4 Player - Acustica Audio through Aquarius Acustica Audio - Professional Audio Software - Acustica Audio?

They are mandatory to load our products in every sequencer.

You can read a short but comprehensive tutorial on the Osaka webpage, under "how to install and use" TAB Osaka Mix EQ - London Acoustics - Audio Plugins
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Acoustics View Post
You can read a short but comprehensive tutorial on the Osaka webpage, under "how to install and use" TAB Osaka Mix EQ - London Acoustics - Audio Plugins
Thanks... I had installed the N4 player but did not realize that "N4" was the plugin I needed to load in the DAW to use this. Working now.
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Wish this had LP/HP filters. Will still demo it though!
Ho b0se, we decided to keep the MB weight and CPU usage of OSAKA MIX EQ at the lowest level without compromies on sound.
For this reason we thought that we all are already plenty of filters, from our beloved DAWs till some cool and free Acqua plugins availble in Aquarius

Maybe if the request will become incessant and frequent we can make a future update with at least an LP filter. But for now filters are not present in our hardware prototype.
Old 12th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ho b0se, we decided to keep the MB weight and CPU usage of OSAKA MIX EQ at the lowest level without compromies on sound.
For this reason we thought that we all are already plenty of filters, from our beloved DAWs till some cool and free Acqua plugins availble in Aquarius

Maybe if the request will become incessant and frequent we can make a future update with at least an LP filter. But for now filters are not present in our hardware prototype.
As a 'Mixing' equalizer ... I would prefer a HIGH PASS Filter built into a main EQ, as a counter to the LowShelf.

I know we have plenty of HP/LP filters to call on ... but thinking Mix workflow, it is convenient to have option on a single GUI interface.

Just a thought.

BTW GANG ... do checkout [DEMO] this new OSAKA-eQ. Though my focus is in Mastering, I did put it through its' beta workout. It is a very very nice equalizer, that is easy to work, AND ... it sounds really good.

DEMO it
Old 12th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
BTW GANG ... do checkout [DEMO] this new OSAKA-eQ. Though my focus is in Mastering, I did put it through its' beta workout. It is a very very nice equalizer, that is easy to work, AND ... it sounds really good.
What is your opinion about the Drift function ?
I haven't got time to demo this right now.
cheers
Old 12th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
What is your opinion about the Drift function ?
I haven't got time to demo this right now.
cheers
DRIFT+ was a new/unknown feature/option not previously encountered when I began Beta-Testing. A note to the Dev, quickly got us a 'Draft Manual' with an explanation.

It is a 'new' concept brought by London Acoustics. I am finding time to continue evaluating this new option ... for now:

Let me post a section from the Osaka Manual:
Quote:
OSAKA MIX EQ features a second preamp stage called
DRIFT+, an addtional preamp stage with custom circuitry,
sampled and developed entirely by LONDON ACOUSTICS
to emphasize the “analogue feel” of this equipment.
“Analogue Drift” is in regard to the effect of the component’s
temperature altering its sonic character, over time.
All of these subtle variations are usually due to naturally
occurring reactions in circuitry that have not been compensated
for in the design. This phenomenon is also known as the (with
a slightly less glamorous name) “Flaw/Feature effect”.
This effect gives, in the physical hardware domain, more
openness and the impression of more air, and more subtle
enhancement of dynamic, to make your recording sound
more “alive”. The Analogue DRIFT+ feature is an integral part
of that sonic character that gives vintage signal processors
that analogue sound.
With DRIFT+, we have harnessed this effect and brought it in
line with current audio standards: recreating this effect in an
amplified way, improving the fidelity, widening the frequency
spectrum and response.
The DRIFT+ option is well suited to nearly every kind of track,
mixing group, and sometimes even worth try on the master buss!
Old 12th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
DRIFT+ was a new/unknown feature/option not previously encountered when I began Beta-Testing. A note to the Dev, quickly got us a 'Draft Manual' with an explanation.

It is a 'new' concept brought by London Acoustics. I am finding time to continue evaluating this new option ... for now:

Let me post a section from the Osaka Manual:

Thanks, yep I've had a quick glance at the Manual.
Was just wondering if you had used it and, if so, what you thought about it ?
I'm intrigued by Drift as I'm very much into pre-amps these days.
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Was just wondering if you had used it and, if so, what you thought about it ?
I'm intrigued by Drift as I'm very much into pre-amps these days.
The Osaka Mix EQ preamp is already interesting for itself, just try to tweak the TRIM knob (the result depends of the kind of audio injected, of course) and you can clearly hear a pleasant improvement of depth and wideness, and specially the audio will become more lively and dynamic.
Basically the PRE reacts on the EQ so drastically to the input trim, that is, how hard you hit it.
All this thanks to an accurate and a particular kind of sampling technique.

DRIFT+ is more like an additional effect to try when you found the pream and EQ sweet spot. It will add some air and slightly more wideness, adding up to the 15th harmonic to the sound. Unlike the PRE and the EQ that was designed to work well on virtually any kind of track an genere, DRIFT+ sometimes does'n fit everywhere, but when fit it's a bliss.

We always suggest to use at least 48kHz and 24bit in your project, because with 48kHz you will activate the 96kHz library in all its shine.
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hi V4anger, both TOKYO and OSAKA are echo "bug" free.
This make sure your products attractive for me then.

I was just remembering when you first released Tokyo that you were keeping the noise etc. In the kernels as you felt it was closer to the authentic vibe of the gear.
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Maniac

It does not show in Aquarius after ordering trial :/ Any steps to clear something on my win7 PC? Does not happen before (Mantis and Bronze showed and installed corectly). Already wrote to AA support.
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkstate View Post
It does not show in Aquarius after ordering trial :/ Any steps to clear something on my win7 PC? Does not happen before (Mantis and Bronze showed and installed corectly). Already wrote to AA support.
We are sorry, unfortunately this issue seems to be from the AA Aquarius/server side then all we can do for now is to push your case to their attention.
Thanks linkstate for your patience. Hope in a very quick solution.
Please keep us updated: info (at) londonacoustics (dot) com
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
I was just remembering when you first released Tokyo that you were keeping the noise etc. In the kernels as you felt it was closer to the authentic vibe of the gear.
The latest "Version B" of TOKYO TUBE EQ had quite a big step further in evolution.
The improvement was clearly & enthusiastically perceived by our customers.
Maybe we should update also its manual on this point
The vibe remained but the sound is more alive and reliable.
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Cool!
Old 12th October 2018
Here for the gear

Really love the depth and weight in this. Is there any possible way to implement a "hi-res" button of the gain increments similar to Dibiquadro's Bronze in a future update?
Old 13th October 2018
I'm buying this, loving it!

Old 13th October 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazardouz10 View Post
Really love the depth and weight in this. Is there any possible way to implement a "hi-res" button of the gain increments similar to Dibiquadro's Bronze in a future update?
(same request on FB) do you mean to have less sensivity on the knobs to small movements? It would be different from our hardware, but we can think on this for the next updates, if unanimously requested

Someone also already asked for a OSAKA MASTERING EQ edition, with stepped gain, Q and frequence, and stepped volume. Plus Filters. Thinking about it...
Old 13th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
(same request on FB) do you mean to have less sensivity on the knobs to small movements? It would be different from our hardware, but we can think on this for the next updates, if unanimously requested

Someone also already asked for a OSAKA MASTERING EQ edition, with stepped gain, Q and frequence, and stepped volume. Plus Filters. Thinking about it...
The 'Hi-Rez' GAIN knob might be what is used in Bronze-eQ ... the GAIN range is scaled back to 1/2 the total Gain.

+/-15dB is scaled back to +/- 7.5 dB.

The thinking: it is rare to need/use as much as 15dB of gain [especially in Mastering]. Scaling the total gain to half would also allow for much smaller gain changes. [of course, at the flip of a switch/button, the full gain range can be realized. hope that made sense
Old 13th October 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
it is rare to need/use as much as 15dB of gain [especially in Mastering].
did you try i.e. the Osaka Hi Shelf at 13kHz at +15db?

BTW it's called Osaka MIX EQ
We will plan maybe (it depends of the other LA plugins schedule) a Mastering version.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search