The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ample Sound Releases Ample China Pipa Ribbon Microphones
Old 3rd October 2018
Gear Maniac

Ample Sound Releases Ample China Pipa

Hello!

Ample Sound ( www.amplesound.net ) Releases Ample China Pipa

20% Off until November 5th (now 135$ us)

Ample China Pipa is the first product of the Traditional Chinese Instrument series, also the first using the Ample Sound Engine 3.0.

Ample China Pipa is composed of two sample libraries: Master (traditional Pipa timbre) and Expert (modern style). The recording used AB and MS stereo techniques, with four microphones. The software is encrypted with the iLok Anti-Piracy system.

Featured Artists:

• Master version: Professor Yin Chen, the principal Pipa player of China Broadcasting Chinese Orchestra
• Expert version: Lisha Shang, Pipa virtuoso

Featured Instrument:

• Feng Wei (handmade remake of Pipa in Dynasty Ming, by Pipa master Weidong Cao)

System Requirments:

• Windows: Windows 7/8/10, 64 bit only (32 bit not supported)
• Mac: From 10.9 to 10.14
• VST2, VST3, AU, AAX and Standalone host
• 8GB Hard Disk, Intel i5 or higher
• iLok Anti-Piracy system, requires a free iLok account. The license can be activated in the local machine, without an iLok dongle.
• The license can also be stored in the iLok dongle of 2nd or 3rd generation.

Samples:

• 2 Pipa libraries: Master and Expert. Total size is 7.25 GB
• Ample China Pipa is recorded with two stereo techniques: MS and AB, with four microphones. Users can adjust the volume of different microphones to get more variety of sound.
• 7 articulations: Sustain, Natural Harmonic, Tremolo (Tremolo, Rolling tremolo and Shaking tremolo), Full Bend, Legato Slide, Hammer-On & Pull-Off & Strum, and legato of flexible length & pitch, with polyphonic support.
• Various Pipa FX samples.

Technology:

• Various Tremolo (Tremolo, Rolling Tremolo, Shaking Tremolo) Legato and Slide Tremolo features.
• The recorded samples of tremolo have a long fade-in time, which can be divided into 90 different start points. They can be controlled by velocity, easily adapting to the need of different situations and styles.
• Tremolo note can loop itself automatically, when the sample reaches to the end.
• Tremolo Switch and Sustain Switch can make switch between articulations smooth. It is also possible to produce a realistic tail of tremolo with a fading tremolo release.
• Advanced Bend, the tone of the bend notes can be changed by a Physical Modeling system.
• Legato Smoother: legato of flexible length & pitch, with polyphonic support.
• Resonance is an indispensable part of the expressiveness and realism of an acoustic instrument. Ample China Pipa can control the resonance time and volume, simulate more realistic resonance.
• In real performance, a lot of playing noises are generated. Virtual instrument would sound unnatural without those noises. Ample China Pipa can not only generate rich Fret Noise automatically, but also simulate the subtle sound of the nails touching the string.

New features of v3 Engine:

• Higher efficiency of reading and playback samples.
• Brand new design of UI, with GPU acceleration.
• Brand new FX DSP system, high order 8-band EQ, intuitive control of frequency response, real-time visualization of input and output spectrum, support of soloing single band.
• 2-Line Compressor, real-time visualization of input and output signal, two detection modes RMS & Peak, support of soft knee, auto release and auto makeup.
• 6-Tap Echo, real-time visualization of the processing of stereo signal, can tweak the parameters of 6 echo points individually: feedback, pan, volume etc.
• IR Reverb, providing four types of IR: Room, Studio, Hall, and Larger Hall. 3D visualization of IR spectrum.
• Multiple Capo Logics, providing various options of automatic fingering logic to cover different performance such as solo, chorus, and so on.
• A new Start + ADSR envelope system.
• A new preset manager.
• More new features will be added in Guitars and Basses.

More info at:
amplesound.net

Purchase:
amplesound.net

CHEERS!

Last edited by Jason Morin; 4th October 2018 at 04:09 AM..
Old 6th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Old 6th October 2018
Lives for gear

Does this mean we can expect all Amplesound
products will be updated to version 3 Amplesound engine?
Old 6th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Yes, in due time. The Team is working on the upgrade.
Old 7th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Morin View Post
This is great news.
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Maniac

1) Here's Ample China Pipa first review done by Ruben Carrillo from HifiMidi

2) Also, www.amplesound.net is proud to be part of this year Berlin International Film Scoring Competition by BIFSC Here's more info on how to enter: Berlin International Film Scoring Competition | BIFSC HAVE FUN!!!!!

3) Last but not least, i wanted to share a cool composition made by Axel Zaren AXEL ZAREN - HOME with his Linnstrument and our only Nylon VSTI, Ample Guitar Luthier

Cheers!
Old 4th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Ok guys, 2 days left for the 20% off for Ample China Pipa: www.amplesound.net

Also wanted to mention a 62% discount (44.99$) on Ample Bass Yinyang here : APD Mega Deal - 6 Developers, 12 Products - Audio Plugin Deals
If you like Victor Wooten's tone on this beautiful Fodera, you'll love Ample Bass Yinyang!
Old 4th November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Will this upgrade for older libraries be free?
Old 5th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogholic View Post
Will this upgrade for older libraries be free?
Yes, they are going to be FREE
Old 7th November 2018
Here for the gear

Any sales on the horizon?

I just found Ample Sounds a little over a month ago. They are tremendous!! I now own the Taylor 2, The Fender TC 2, and the Metal Eclipse 2 (My Favorite) I was looking to add the Precision Bass the Electric G 2 & Electric P 2 guitars. I was waiting to see if there might be a holiday sale so I could afford all of those bad boys.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 17th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Winter sale soon coming!
Old 17th November 2018
Lives for gear

Looking forward to the picked 12-string extension, Jason! Of course I am "hoping" it will be soon.
Old 20th November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Winter sale soon coming!
Thanks Jason, I am looking forward to it!!!!
Old 30th November 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich View Post
Looking forward to the picked 12-string extension, Jason! Of course I am "hoping" it will be soon.
Hi Dave, the picked 12 string library is included in Ample Guitar Twelve III free update, a 2.2 GB library.
Old 30th November 2018
Here for the gear

Dear Jason,

Amplesound's website cannot be reached. I live in the Netherlands and use Mozilla Firefox' browser. There is an issue with the security certificate of Amplesound's website. When trying to open it it I get the following message:

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to www.amplesound.net was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

It would be great if you could look into this...

Thanks in advance
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmpleSound View Post
Hi Dave, the picked 12 string library is included in Ample Guitar Twelve III free update, a 2.2 GB library.
I just downloaded the update and saw this is true.
Great! Thanks, Jason!
Old 30th November 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by osterhazy View Post
Dear Jason,

Amplesound's website cannot be reached. I live in the Netherlands and use Mozilla Firefox' browser. There is an issue with the security certificate of Amplesound's website. When trying to open it it I get the following message:

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to www.amplesound.net was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

It would be great if you could look into this...

Thanks in advance
Each time we visited amplesound.net, it worked, anyway, we will contact our server provider. thanks for report.
Old 1st December 2018
Hi we received the reply from our server provider, they did not notice us when they changed our IP address.

"We do apologize for the lack of communication regarding this. The reasoning for us reorganizing our IPs is because ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers) had requested us to reorganize thousands of IP addresses in less than two weeks and, to top it off, only let us know as of Friday of last week. Again, I do apologize for that inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
"

Please letting us know if there still is problem.
Old 1st December 2018
Here for the gear

Thanks for looking into the problem with the AmpleSound website. I don't know what you or your srever provider changed, but it did not help. AmpleSound is still not accessible for me... I have no problem with any other website but I keep getting the message that the secure connection has failed and the connection to amplesound.net was interrupted. All the best trying to get this sorted out..!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search