The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Rare Signals Introduces Transatlantic Plate Reverb Plug-In
Old 2nd October 2018
News Desk Editor

Rare Signals Introduces Transatlantic Plate Reverb Plug-In-screen-shot-2018-10-02-11.57.32-am.jpg

Music producers, engineers, mixers and recordists, take note. Rare Signals is pleased to announce the release of their first plug-in called the Transatlantic Plate Reverb which was developed by modeling the finest analog plate reverberation units from Europe and the U.S..

The plug-in will hit shelves on Sep.19. featuring 24 independent decay settings, and reverb tails that remain completely un-manipulated, preserving the natural sustain and stereo spread of the actual analog giants. Beautifully presented in a simple and powerful design.

“As mixing in the box became more frequent in my workflow, I quickly realized that there were essential pieces of gear that were only adequately represented in plug-in form. This inspired me to discover unique methods of accurately modeling the sound of this rare and essential gear that I had become accustomed to. The result of this can be heard in the ultra- smooth decay qualities of the Transatlantic Plate Reverb.”

Details:
Plug-in formats: 32 and 64-bit: AAX Native, AAX AudioSuite, VST, and Audio Units (AU)
Supported Sample Rates: Minimum: 44.1 kHz, Maximum: 192 kHz
Operating systems: Mac OS X 10.8 or later; Windows 7 or later
Supported Hosts: Pro Tools (10.3.5 or later), Live, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, Logic, Digital Performer.

Available now at the introductory sale price of $99 (Reg. $149) at Transatlantic Plate Reverb - Rare Signals

Attached Thumbnails
Rare Signals Introduces Transatlantic Plate Reverb Plug-In-screen-shot-2018-10-02-11.57.32-am.jpg  
Old 2nd October 2018
Rare Signals Transatlantic Plate plugin

My buddy Brian Charles (a killer producer/engineer with a great studio here in Boston) just released his first plugin. It's called Transatlantic Plate and it's freaking awesome.

Transatlantic Plate Reverb - Rare Signals

I'm not officially affiliated with this company or plugin in any way; i've just been playing with it lately and figured i'd come by to tell folks that it's hands-down the best plate plugin i've used (and i've used em all), and FWIW, i own a couple real plate reverbs myself. This plugin is fantastic. Give it a demo and hear it for yourself.

Last edited by bgrotto; 3rd October 2018 at 03:54 PM..
Old 2nd October 2018
Lives for gear

Intriguing.
Old 2nd October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Intriguing.
It's so good, man. Brian nailed it. The graphics are clean, informative, and attractive, and the sound is simply amazing. I don't know how they managed to capture those tails with such accuracy, but they did it. And, the stereo "bounce" is amazing. It's so natural and deep.
Old 2nd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post
It's so good, man. Brian nailed it. The graphics are clean, informative, and attractive, and the sound is simply amazing. I don't know how they managed to capture those tails with such accuracy, but they did it. And, the stereo "bounce" is amazing. It's so natural and deep.
I've watched the video and it has my interest for certain.
I've got pretty much every Plate plugin out there from Valhalla Plate to Acustica Ebony to Waves Abbey Road and everything in between (and something still in beta , nope no hints at all, sorry).

Will demo ASAP.
cheers
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Addict

Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
I've watched the video and it has my interest for certain.
I've got pretty much every Plate plugin out there from Valhalla Plate to Acustica Ebony to Waves Abbey Road and everything in between (and something still in beta , nope no hints at all, sorry).

Will demo ASAP.
cheers
So many reverbs in my plugin folders! Must resist a demo but that GUI just keeps winking at me!

PS Beat I thought we were on all the same beta teams - which one am I missing? See what I did there... xP
Old 2nd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by transverb View Post
So many reverbs in my plugin folders! Must resist a demo but that GUI just keeps winking at me!

PS Beat I thought we were on all the same beta teams - which one am I missing? See what I did there... xP
Sorry Trans..... you're breaking up.......come in ....

PS: That GUI does seems to be calling
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Sorry Trans..... you're breaking up.......come in ....

PS: That GUI does seems to be calling
Beat stop checking gearstluz on your nokia.

Will need to take this one for a spin as well.

Last edited by transverb; 2nd October 2018 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: Reasons
Old 2nd October 2018
Lives for gear
This imparts a wonderful BIG sound on a sexy sax track I'm working on. Wow.

Last edited by MarsBot; 2nd October 2018 at 06:06 PM..
Old 2nd October 2018
Lives for gear
Imo Ebony is still the king for plate reverb in terms of sonic goodness. Airy, width, depth, density, realism, natural/organic sounding tails, the way it resonates etc. But surprisingly this plate is fantastic! Immediately sounds better than Soundtoy’s plate and Waves Abbey Road which I coincidentally have on demo. Worth a demo for anyone hesitant.
Old 2nd October 2018
Deleted e71ab78
Classy sound, name, look, website, just demoing and it sounds bloody good. I haven't had the pleasure of using a real plate but this sounds real to me.
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Maniac

Sigh... Only the 3rd excellent reverb to show up this week.
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Guru
I've been to Brian's studio and his gear collection is amazing. More importantly, he is a hell of an engineer, and a real talent. This floored me since I didn't know he was working on it, but coming from him, isn't going to be "garden variety" FWIW.....
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Addict

i feel dumb, but where is the demo installer?
Old 2nd October 2018
Deleted e71ab78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff J View Post
i feel dumb, but where is the demo installer?

After you click try on their site and enter your email it gets sent to that email address, mine was in the junk folder.
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Addict

ok, i havent receieved any emails (will check again), but demo code is there in ilok already..

ok, found it in spam! thanks for the help...

Last edited by Deff J; 2nd October 2018 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: edit
Old 2nd October 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff J View Post
ok, i havent receieved any emails (will check again), but demo code is there in ilok already..
It may take a few minutes. It took about 10 minutes to receive the download by email.
Old 3rd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Imo Ebony is still the king for plate reverb in terms of sonic goodness. Airy, width, depth, density, realism, natural/organic sounding tails, the way it resonates etc. But surprisingly this plate is fantastic! Immediately sounds better than Soundtoy’s plate and Waves Abbey Road which I coincidentally have on demo. Worth a demo for anyone hesitant.
I’m a couple of days away from having time to demo this.
Is the demo fully functional including bounce and how is the CPU hit compared to Ebony ??
Cheers
Old 3rd October 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
I’m a couple of days away from having time to demo this.
Is the demo fully functional including bounce and how is the CPU hit compared to Ebony ??
Cheers
Hey Beatworld, Im not %100 sure if "bounce" is available but the impression I got was it was a fully functional demo. It uses about 1/3 less CPU than just the Ebony reverb module (not the strip). Pretty light.

Of course with my luck I did get a few cpu hiccups when adjusting the decay. Be aware also I havent been able to un-bypass the plugin without it crashing Pro Tools (Mac). When Im back in the studio I will see if I can narrow down what could have gone wrong. It does sound good though. I will get back to you asap.
Old 3rd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Hey Beatworld, Im not %100 sure if "bounce" is available but the impression I got was it was a fully functional demo. It uses about 1/3 less CPU than just the Ebony reverb module (not the strip). Pretty light.

Of course with my luck I did get a few cpu hiccups when adjusting the decay. Be aware also I havent been able to un-bypass the plugin without it crashing Pro Tools (Mac). When Im back in the studio I will see if I can narrow down what could have gone wrong. It does sound good though. I will get back to you asap.
Thanks, good news on the CPU.
I think I’ll have to juggle my time and try this ASAP.
Old 3rd October 2018
Lives for gear

Got the demo. Sounds great.
Old 3rd October 2018
Lives for gear

This is cool, but I am trying to understand why the signal boost is so strong?

Seems to introduce a ton of gain if you use the 100% wet signal.

Is this just me?

- c

Last edited by Silver Sonya; 3rd October 2018 at 01:01 PM..
Old 3rd October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
This cool, but I am trying to understand why the signal boost is so strong?

Seems to introduce a ton of gain if you use the 100% wet signal.

Is this just me?

- c
Nah, it's not just you: that's inherent to the particular "american" plate he modeled (i'd know, because I've got two of the same unit at my studio...that probably explains my love of this plugin...).

Anywho, the amp on that plate is kind of ridiculously hot. First thing i did when i got the plug was create a user default with the output gain set way low. Problem solved. I think Brian included the output gain to address that exact issue.

I was chatting with him last night and he said he'd considered making a behind-the-scenes/programming adjustment to the plugin, but messing with the gain negatively affected the bandwidth. Again, i can confirm that the hardware does this; we run ours as-is (i.e. - hot!!) and just keep the return on the console low-ish or padded. It helps keeps things WAYYYY quieter than your typical EMT plate, which is nice, but it does take some getting used to.
Old 3rd October 2018
Gear Maniac

dammit!!!! this sounds good.
Old 3rd October 2018
Gear Head

Nice but decay doesn't go low/short enough like soundtoys...no use for me.
Can you improve that?
Old 3rd October 2018
Gear Nut

Got the iLok demo key, never received the email.
Old 3rd October 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarikusBrainz View Post
Got the iLok demo key, never received the email.
Check your spam folder. That's where mine went.
Old 3rd October 2018
Lives for gear

Is this an IR based reverb?
Old 3rd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post
Nah, it's not just you: that's inherent to the particular "american" plate he modeled (i'd know, because I've got two of the same unit at my studio...that probably explains my love of this plugin...).

Anywho, the amp on that plate is kind of ridiculously hot. First thing i did when i got the plug was create a user default with the output gain set way low. Problem solved. I think Brian included the output gain to address that exact issue.

I was chatting with him last night and he said he'd considered making a behind-the-scenes/programming adjustment to the plugin, but messing with the gain negatively affected the bandwidth. Again, i can confirm that the hardware does this; we run ours as-is (i.e. - hot!!) and just keep the return on the console low-ish or padded. It helps keeps things WAYYYY quieter than your typical EMT plate, which is nice, but it does take some getting used to.
This is a helpful explanation. Thank you!

- c
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search