The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rare Signals Introduces Transatlantic Plate Reverb Plug-In
Old 21st February 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak View Post
Sorry, but when can we expect a corrected windows installer ?
Thanks guys...sorry for making you my 1.2 beta testers we’re sorting it out now.
-Brian
Old 24th February 2019
Gear Maniac
Any news ? I can't use the current version in Cubase as I work with 128 samples (thanks to asio guard) and every time I change a setting on the plate I get a plop and the left channel gets muted until I restart Cubase.
Old 5th March 2019
Gear Nut

Any update on the 1.2 update correction for Windows?
Old 5th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanandroid View Post
Any update on the 1.2 update correction for Windows?
We’re fine tuning the installer. It shouldn’t be much longer. Thanks for hanging in there.
-Brian.
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri_guy View Post
We’re fine tuning the installer. It shouldn’t be much longer. Thanks for hanging in there.
-Brian.
Any more news? Also, would it be possible to get email notifications when a new version becomes availible?! I hate having to come to this thread every single day to see if an update is out. Thanks!
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

With the new version will there be work on the GUI? For me (ProTools/Mojave), whenever the TPR interface is open the whole of PT (meters, mainly) gets slow, and the TPR graphics are even slower to respond.

Given, I have a couple of other plugins that cause this, so it might be a PT, or Mojave, or PT+Mojave issue, but since other plugin designers aren't having graphics slowdowns there must be a way for TPR to join that club.
Old 22nd March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayt0n View Post
Any more news? Also, would it be possible to get email notifications when a new version becomes availible?! I hate having to come to this thread every single day to see if an update is out. Thanks!
Sorry for the delay, we’ll be sending out an official update email once we iron out a few things. Our PC VST build went through a substantial optimization. It’s just taking more time than expected to test it on all of the platforms.

Best to ya,
-Brian
Old 22nd March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Our PC VST build went through a substantial optimization.
Ooo this is great news, thanks for the update.
Old 1st May 2019
Here for the gear

Hi,

is the windows update done yet? I just wanted to install the current version, but you can't just download from the website without signing up for a trial. I found the mail I got when I purchased it but that was waaaay back when there where still dinosaurs around, so please just make the installer available on your website. At least write down the latest version, so we don't have to search on gearslutz if there is an update.
Old 14th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Sorry for the delay, we’ll be sending out an official update email once we iron out a few things. Our PC VST build went through a substantial optimization. It’s just taking more time than expected to test it on all of the platforms.

Best to ya,
-Brian
So... Erm... Any news on the update?
Old 14th May 2019
Gear Head

TPR Installer links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmac View Post
So... Erm... Any news on the update?
We’ve been meaning to get a download page up for a while. In the meantime, here’s a link to the installers.
-B

64bit mac
https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.r...RS_TPR_mac.zip

32bit mac
https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.r...TPR_mac1.1.zip

64bit + 32bit pc
https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.r.../RS_TPR_pc.zip
Old 14th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
We’ve been meaning to get a download page up for a while. In the meantime, here’s a link to the installers.
-B

64bit mac

32bit mac

64bit + 32bit pc
Thanks Brian, are there any update/improvment notes for pc anywhere?
Old 15th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
-B

64bit mac

32bit mac

64bit + 32bit pc
Are these new Mac versions more CPU efficient?
Old 15th May 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceye View Post
Thanks Brian, are there any update/improvment notes for pc anywhere?
We did lots of little things that added up to improved performance (mostly) for PC users. It’s still a little ahead of the curve (CPU usage-wise), but it’s working in the VST environment much more smoothly. Mac improvements were minute, but we basically rebuilt the 64 bit version to minimize problems in the future and did gain some CPU usage reduction. We’ll keep trying to make it better, I obviously didn’t want to do anything that would compromise the sound...so, it’s still a waiting game for processor power to catch up.
Old 15th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
We did lots of little things that added up to improved performance (mostly) for PC users. It’s still a little ahead of the curve (CPU usage-wise), but it’s working in the VST environment much more smoothly. Mac improvements were minute, but we basically rebuilt the 64 bit version to minimize problems in the future and did gain some CPU usage reduction. We’ll keep trying to make it better, I obviously didn’t want to do anything that would compromise the sound...so, it’s still a waiting game for processor power to catch up.
I'm seeing a great cpu improvement on PC here. Thanks for the update Brian
Old 15th May 2019
Gear Nut

Does this fix the stereo issue ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Rigout View Post
What's the stereo issue?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezn8r View Post
What's the stereo issue?
Whan changing some settings on the fly one of the channel mute itself.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Whan changing some settings on the fly one of the channel mute itself.
Ah, thanks. Not a dealbreaker for me. Cool.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I checked various buffers on the fly and the issue seems to be fixed, thanks Brian!
(PC & Babyface Pro that is).
The overall look and feel appears to be more responsive now.

If CPU usage as already noted gets a tad better, we have a decent comprehensive package in the end.
It`s not that bad as is however.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skap View Post
Looking forward to the new version.

A question: Would it make sense to change the installer on Windows so that the user can specify the folder structure themselves? Now it insists on placing the plugin inside Steinberg/VstPlugins folders even though you direct it to your own folder (and remove Common Files from the path). Thanks!

Quote:
Yeah...We have that change coming in the next update (hopefully in the next couple weeks), along with some lower DSP requirements.
-B
Hi again! Did you fix this? I downloaded the new installers from the links above, but on my system it appears to behave like the previous version. Perhaps you know why? Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi again! Did you fix this? I downloaded the new installers from the links above, but on my system it appears to behave like the previous version. Perhaps you know why? Thanks!
We did build in a custom install location option, I wonder what happened. Thanks I’ll check the installer build.
-Brian
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
We did build in a custom install location option, I wonder what happened. Thanks I’ll check the installer build.
-Brian
Thanks, Brian. Just to be sure we're on the same note here: I am able to specify my own VST folder as the location, so this works, but the installer insists on creating more stacked folders inside that custom location. If I specify C:\VstPlugins\Rare Signals as my chosen folder (after deleting the Common location in the file path), I end up with the dll in this location:

C:\VstPlugins\Rare Signals\Steinberg\VST2

No biggie, I already have it working and don't really complain or anything, but this navigation in the installer is perhaps slightly confusing. Especially the Common folder thing. Maybe this is how it's got to be, because the folder structure was like that before. I just don't have any other plugins that use this folder structure.

Also: The behavior is like this if you install for the first time or if you uninstall before updating. It is slightly different and remembers your previous location if you don't uninstall first and simply update by overwriting.

Again: Thanks, and no biggie!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks, Brian. Just to be sure we're on the same note here: I am able to specify my own VST folder as the location, so this works, but the installer insists on creating more stacked folders inside that custom location. If I specify C:\VstPlugins\Rare Signals as my chosen folder (after deleting the Common location in the file path), I end up with the dll in this location:

Yep... I got the stacked folders install, too.

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:

No biggie, I already have it working and don't really complain or anything, but this navigation in the installer is perhaps slightly confusing. Especially the Common folder thing. Maybe this is how it's got to be, because the folder structure was like that before. I just don't have any other plugins that use this folder structure.

Also: The behavior is like this if you install for the first time or if you uninstall before updating. It is slightly different and remembers your previous location if you don't uninstall first and simply update by overwriting.

Again: Thanks, and no biggie!
I see...thanks for the detail. We should change that.
-B
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarikusBrainz View Post
Hey! I’m sorry, that’s not actually true. We sent some 50 off coupons to those who entered our Tape Op giveaway, but didn’t win. I highly recommend subscribing to Tape Op either way.

Best to ya!
-Brian.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Hey! I’m sorry, that’s not actually true. We sent some 50 off coupons to those who entered our Tape Op giveaway, but didn’t win. I highly recommend subscribing to Tape Op either way.

Best to ya!
-Brian.
Sorry for the disinfo but thanks for the discount!
I was a bit peeved I couldnt afford the intro price but this discount was even better
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search