The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Solid State Logic Launches Fusion
Old 20th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantmidi View Post
In my rack the Fusion gets remarkably warmer then the other units.
Does you Fusion get warm 2? Not really hot but pretty warm ..?
I found out now that's it's only one side getting so warm. I always checked on the other. So yes, the left side (seen from the front) of mine is pretty warm, too. That's to be expected as stated in the manual on page 2. They suggest the unit to be placed on top of the rack (where mine sits just because my racks were full) if there's no ventilation space available.
Old 12th January 2020
Lives for gear

it is actually quite hot on the left side?
Why? Is this a design choice? By for the hottest piece of gear I have in my rack.
Would be nice if somebody form SSL could explain why to reassure if this is normal behaviour or something that is a mk1 sort of design miscalculation? Not very logical. My SPL TwinTube is cooler and packed into a 1u rack unit with loads of electronics and 4 tubes..

My Argosy Halo has a nearly open backspace so that helps.
The Sigma and SPL TwinTube now act as sort of heatsinks for the front left section of the Fusion

I connected the SPL TwinTube to the insert of the Fusion in M/S mode.
Really nice. Great combination that adds allot of flexibility and color shaping.
Attached Thumbnails
Solid State Logic Launches Fusion-img_7150.jpg  
Old 12th January 2020
Quote:
Why? Is this a design choice? By for the hottest piece of gear I have in my rack.
Would be nice if somebody form SSL could explain why to reassure if this is normal behaviour or something that is a mk1 sort of design miscalculation? Not very logical. My SPL TwinTube is cooler and packed into a 1u rack unit with loads of electronics and 4 tubes..

My Argosy Halo has a nearly open backspace so that helps.
The Sigma and SPL TwinTube now act as sort of heatsinks for the front left section of the Fusion

I connected the SPL TwinTube to the insert of the Fusion in M/S mode.
Really nice. Great combination that adds allot of flexibility and color shaping.
It's the huge power transformer that sits on the left side and is causing the heat. They point it out in the manual, too.
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Guru

Been play g with this baby and i ve been imprssed by its sections , specially the drive and space !!
Old 24th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Been play g with this baby and i ve been imprssed by its sections , specially the drive and space !!
J, yes, and the EQ and HF comp. ;-) it's impressive throughout.
Old 24th February 2020
Solid State Logic

Quote:
Would be nice if somebody form SSL could explain why to reassure if this is normal behaviour or something that is a mk1 sort of design miscalculation?
We recommend a 1u vent panel above both the Sigma and the Fusion in their respective manuals. Your rack looks great but it isn't going to help the heat dissipate. Without space above/below then the only way heat can escape is through the front and rear panels so your units are probably running a bit hotter to the touch than most.

Yes it can get a bit hot. That's normal.
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
J, yes, and the EQ and HF comp. ;-) it's impressive throughout.
Yep i made a recording of A/B of each sections , will try to do a quik video on

@ [email protected] . With the new cost effective production , can we xpect a more affordable X logic comp ? This is a deadly combo .
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
You've made me want to buy one!
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
You've made me want to buy one!
Nah ya good with SB , give me one or another and i'm good , gonna try Leapwig as you said and see , but for real the space parameter surpirsed me , so spot on
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We recommend a 1u vent panel above both the Sigma and the Fusion in their respective manuals. Your rack looks great but it isn't going to help the heat dissipate. Without space above/below then the only way heat can escape is through the front and rear panels so your units are probably running a bit hotter to the touch than most.

Yes it can get a bit hot. That's normal.
Thanks! The Argosy Halo rack bay is open on the sides.
And indeed I like the look It can dissipate enough I think.
Nor the sigma or the SPL TwinTube above get warm/hot.
They actually function as big heat sinks hanging in the "open" rackbay I guess.

Love the SSL gear in my studio.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search