The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TC Electronic release two new plug-ins with hardware controllers
Old 14th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
For reverb in particular, I like the idea of hardware controllers. However, since the DVR-250DT runs on the computer's own CPU, use of the controller should be optional.

Right now, in order to quickly access all parameters, you need to interact with both the plugin and controller. This is less than intuitive.

I wished the controller had sliders rather than switches. I think TC missed the opportunity to create what could have been a very desirable piece of hardware.

Still... The sonic qualities of the DVR-250DT more than make up for it. The chorus alone would be worth the price of admission, and the "Space" algorithm sounds incredible.
Yes, I think we're seeing excuses being made for TC's choices just because it makes some people uncomfortable to see TC challenged. As many have stated many times, the plugin *sounds* great and has become sought-after. I'd be first in line to buy if it was offered purely with the practical elements of the product: the plugin.
Old 23rd February 2019
Lives for gear

Has anyone figured out the “space” effect and what is it supposed to emulate? Is it a Quantec QRS perhaps?
Old 24th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockreid View Post
Has anyone figured out the “space” effect and what is it supposed to emulate? Is it a Quantec QRS perhaps?
I didn't realize that it was attempting to emulate an existing algorithm.
Old 24th February 2019
Lives for gear
To me, this is a gimmick for copy protection. TC tends to not support hardware in the long run. When TC hardware breaks, it becomes garbage.

I do like some TC units, but I wish they would plan support of there hardware better.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This thread is old, but I decided to give my two cents anyway.

I am in the process of dismantling my hybrid studio to go back in the box.

I have had two floor to ceiling racks full of vintage hardware, and being an fx freak a lot of it was effects. I really hate that my 224, m5000x and h3000 need to go, and I will surely miss my pcm42 and SDD3000 as well as some other boxes.

Yesterday morning while browsing thomann for suitable UAD system I stumbled upon these tc gadgets.

I bought the whole set without moments hesitation.

I am not feeling too bad to switch to UAD and native plugins, as having real vintage hardware does come with limitations which are pretty much fixed in software realm (one Lex224 is quite expensive to buy and finicky to maintain as hardware. What are your options if you need four?).

The thing I hate the most about being in the box is using mouse instead of my fingers. The tactile experience of real hardware is something no plugin has so far had been able to duplicate.

When I saw these, I knew I will choose them over UAD equivalents without hesitation. And they actually saved me pretty penny as I was almost ready to pull the trigger on Ultimate 7.

I bought Octo and three selectable plugins at this time. The selected three will be 480L, 224 and Ams16. Later on I see what I need more.

But with these tc's on top I should be well on my way to have the reverb and delay sorted. And with a tactile control, which to me is a dream come true.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search