The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
TC Electronic release two new plug-ins with hardware controllers
Old 21st September 2018
  #31
Gear Guru
I have the SKNote Rev 250 and it's a cool sound. Amazing what those guys were doing and when!......
Old 21st September 2018
  #32
Lives for gear
 
barryjohns's Avatar
 

I think the concept is pretty cool. It certainly helps them with piracy. There is a good video on youth that is about an hour long on the delay.
Old 22nd September 2018
  #33
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Is the hardware controller needed for the plugin to work at all times/some of the time?
You need the controller at all times.
Old 22nd September 2018
  #34
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 View Post
As i understand VSS3 Native doesn't sound equally good than the powercore version.

I wonder how it compare to the original DVR2 algorithm on the powercore.

I would love to listen some comparison between DVR250 with UAD EMT250, PSP 2445 and a real EMT250 Hardware
I would love people saying hos to make post with exemples at the same sample rate .. a lot of people saying this but i wonder why really , exept this might be upsample or not thhe same values used for interfaces interaction
Old 22nd September 2018
  #35
MD4 Desktop Interface or Native MD4 Plug We wait with Hope.

Last edited by M_Music; 25th September 2018 at 02:22 PM..
Old 22nd September 2018
  #36
Lives for gear
 

I like it. Controller. too.

I think the delay price went from advertised 349$ to a bit over 200 eur on Thomann which could happen to this reverb as well.
For 200 eur it's a steal.

k
Old 22nd September 2018
  #37
Gear Maniac
 

full support of this product direction. beautiful. Looking forward to checking out the sound.
Old 23rd September 2018
  #38
Lives for gear
 
mixerguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulata View Post
I like it. Controller. too.

I think the delay price went from advertised 349$ to a bit over 200 eur on Thomann which could happen to this reverb as well.
For 200 eur it's a steal.

k
anyone see deals like that in the usa?

Old 25th September 2018
  #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecage View Post
It honestly baffles me that they haven't done this yet! Literally just a desktop box with 8 knobs minimum and a screen or two -- can't be that difficult.
they will after they see this thread!
Old 25th September 2018
  #40
Gear Maniac
 

Love the controller, but I don't love the fact you can't operate the plugin properly without it. I don't mind that the plugin needs the hardware to work (kinda like an iLok), but I do have issue with having half the features hidden on the plugin and only accessible with the controller. That to me is a deal breaker and until thats remedied I won't be buying.

Also, just a thought - as far as traveling producers are concerned - Why not offer an iLok license too. Provide the license once the hardware has been registered on the users TC account. That will combat your piracy issues as well as still be convenient for owners of the software.

Again, I really love what you guys are doing, but I don't think the software side of this has been thought through, and it could be very easily resolved. You want to make things easy for your customers.. currently its not going to cut it for most.
Old 25th September 2018
  #41
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecage View Post
Love the controller, but I don't love the fact you can't operate the plugin properly without it. I don't mind that the plugin needs the hardware to work (kinda like an iLok), but I do have issue with having half the features hidden on the plugin and only accessible with the controller. That to me is a deal breaker and until thats remedied I won't be buying.

Also, just a thought - as far as traveling producers are concerned - Why not offer an iLok license too. Provide the license once the hardware has been registered on the users TC account. That will combat your piracy issues as well as still be convenient for owners of the software.

Again, I really love what you guys are doing, but I don't think the software side of this has been thought through, and it could be very easily resolved. You want to make things easy for your customers.. currently its not going to cut it for most.
they probably did this for extra protection. the controller can probably get emulated and the plugin technically just needs to see the controller to work(no iLok right now). anyone can go to the website and download the plugin but youll be missing half the options to tweek it if the controller was emulated(faked on the computer side) so whats the point in creating a fake emulator that will make the plugin think the controller is there if you are missing half the features. no cracker will waste his time.... so its actually a really smart move on their part. with that being said, I would have much rather it have been iLok and have all the options availible straight from the plugin and being able to use the controller if I wanted to. nut iLok doesnt promise that it will never get cracked so i guess they thought this was the best way to protect their software. i still love my 2290DT though and will almost for sure be picking up this 250 version as well.
Old 25th September 2018
  #42
EMT 250 in VST world is one of the few plugins that really doesnt need controller, because it is that simple. I think this controller is already dead concept and most wasteful dongle I ever seen....
Old 25th September 2018
  #43
OMU
Lives for gear
 
OMU's Avatar
 

I think tc should do a generic controller a la system 6k and make it work with many plugins. The success of Console 1 is not due to the fact that it controls one single plugin.
Old 25th September 2018
  #44
Gear Addict
 
Wonderbird's Avatar
 

TC = Solid brand with amazing algorithms past what 20 years?
iLok = Solid protection with (at least for me) zero hazzle for the past 10 years.

What happened here? Anyone requested the controllers?
Old 26th September 2018
  #45
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbird View Post
What happened here?
It almost seems as though TC loves it when controversy surrounds their software/hardware combos. A plugin-only version of these would have made too many people happy.
Old 26th September 2018
  #46
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedberg View Post
if you don’t want hardware control there are a gazillion software alternatives.
Yes, well, that would be a very easy pill to swallow if this verb didn't sound so good.
Old 26th September 2018
  #47
Lives for gear
 
blackcom's Avatar
 

Imagine how cool it would be if TC made a robot exosuit with motion controls for remote operating the new native MD4.

The suit would be mandatory to operate the plugin and also work as copy protection.

You'd of course need one designated person in an exosuit to operate each additional instance of the plugin in a project.

I think TC will do this. They really know how to enhance plugins with additional hardware.
Old 26th September 2018
  #48
Lives for gear
 
Patrick_'s Avatar
I’m liking this concept. Actually glad they are making controllers to have the hands on approach. I wish relab would do this for the lx480. Well if I didn’t have soundtoys, lemon, and psp42 I would snatch this up.
Old 26th September 2018
  #49
Lives for gear
 
The Beatsmith's Avatar
 

Yeah, I’m looking for the 224 and 480 controllers

I am mainly a studio/desktop user in my own studio, but not a fan of not being able to go somewhere else and use the plugin on a session without bringing the controller. Maybe they’ll reconsider things...
Old 28th September 2018
  #50
Lives for gear
 
Coyoteous's Avatar
 

Good or bad... the ulinger = disrupter.

I've talked myself out of these again... at least for today.
Old 29th September 2018
  #51
Gear Maniac
 

Would have bought these instantly if it wasn’t for the fact they need those fisher price toys to even function. And it’s not like I could just hide them away somewhere, if I understand correctly you MUST edit the plugin from the pretend hardware.
Old 29th September 2018
  #52
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crims View Post
Would have bought these instantly if it wasn’t for the fact they need those fisher price toys to even function. And it’s not like I could just hide them away somewhere, if I understand correctly you MUST edit the plugin from the pretend hardware.
It’s a bit crazy really!!

What happens in 3yrs when you’re controller fails? Do you have to buy the same package again?
Old 2nd October 2018
  #53
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazlermac View Post
It’s a bit crazy really!!

What happens in 3yrs when you’re controller fails? Do you have to buy the same package again?
Recycling bin.Those products always fail many examples.Why the hell on earth Liquid Mix wasnt ported native same story here.Those guys are very out of touch all devs do templates for akai advance and komplete control...
Old 2nd October 2018
  #54
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
By the way , totally off topic , but how the h... can somebody contact tc support , i have graphical issues with lm2n and i gave up on reporting ...it scuaisng issues with open gl based 3rd party plugins ...
Old 2nd October 2018
  #55
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
By the way , totally off topic , but how the h... can somebody contact tc support , i have graphical issues with lm2n and i gave up on reporting ...it scuaisng issues with open gl based 3rd party plugins ...
https://www.tcelectronic.com/brand/t...oogtrans(en|en)
Old 2nd October 2018
  #56
Gear Addict
 
rydan's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital 1010 View Post
Gearslutz 2014 i wish they made hardware controllers for plugins. Gearslutz 2018 why have they made controllers for plugins
Yeah. Well. A fully featured, fully working standalone plugin with a specialized hardware controller for when in the studio is fantastic. A controller that's more or less a big dongle, with the plugin gui unable to access all parameters, not so much...
Old 2nd October 2018
  #57
Lives for gear
 

I really hope TC drop these dumb limitations. another example I haven't seen mentioned here is their polytune plugin - it only allows you to have ONE working instance of it in a whole session. who is that helping?!

I suspect before long they'll amend it a little bit in the customers favour.
Old 2nd October 2018
  #58
Lives for gear
 
Mushy Mushy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazlermac View Post
when you’re controller fails?
When you, as the controller, fails you’ll have bigger issues.
Old 2nd October 2018
  #59
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
When you, as the controller, fails you’ll have bigger issues.
When that happens, a little plastic dongle will be the least of my worries
Old 2nd October 2018
  #60
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Yes, an NKS version of the Novation Remote Zero would be AMAZING. Good build quality, 16 knobs, 8 faders, a few buttons, good display...I'd preorder that.
even without faders and only 8 knobs...
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump