iZotope Releases RX 7 - Makes Audio Repair Easier for Musicians - Page 3 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iZotope Releases RX 7 - Makes Audio Repair Easier for Musicians
Old 10th October 2018
  #61
Lives for gear
 
mutetourettes's Avatar
 

just had a look at pricing, as I bought RX6 elements recently I think I may yet get a free upgrade to RX7 elements, but definitely I can upgrade to upgrade RX7 Standard for $199/£150 (actually even cheaper at audiodeluxe when you add to cart), so that's very tempting, especially the rebalance thing...

(also anyone can have it for a little more e.g. £175 if they pick up the free ozone 8 elements and upgrade to RX7 Standard from that at plugin boutique)

Last edited by mutetourettes; 10th October 2018 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: found it cheaper..
Old 10th October 2018 | Show parent
  #62
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
just had a look at pricing, as I bought RX6 elements recently I think I may yet get a free upgrade to RX7 elements, but definitely I can upgrade to upgrade RX7 Standard for $199/£150 (actually even cheaper at audiodeluxe when you add to cart), so that's very tempting, especially the rebalance thing...

(also anyone can have it for a little more e.g. £175 if they pick up the free ozone 8 elements and upgrade to RX7 Standard from that at plugin boutique)
when did you buy RX elements 6? i found an article written on 10th september saying the upgrade will be free from then, so if it was after that then i think youll be okay. you can log into your account on izotopes website to find out for sure though
Old 10th October 2018 | Show parent
  #63
Lives for gear
 
mutetourettes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parricide View Post
when did you buy RX elements 6? i found an article written on 10th september saying the upgrade will be free from then, so if it was after that then i think youll be okay. you can log into your account on izotopes website to find out for sure though
I bought in late august, but it's on their website as 'bought RX7... between 08/01/18 and 09/11/18 are eligible for a free upgrade to RX 7' although there are typos on that page too (Ie presumably they mean bought RX6) so I've emailed them... we'll see..

iZotope, Inc. |

Looking for your Free upgrade to RX 7 or...
Old 10th October 2018
  #64
Lives for gear
 
sirthought's Avatar
I only had Ozone Elements and iZotope offered me RX7 Standard at $199. I think it was worth it for what this software can do. I think that pricing ends by the end of this month.
Old 11th October 2018
  #65
Lives for gear
 

I'm curious what do you guys use vocal situations for? For hip hop and rap, this is very useful for sampling lines in lyrics and making them choruses. I suspect other genres accept edm dont use vocal isolation for this.
Old 11th October 2018 | Show parent
  #66
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
I bought in late august, but it's on their website as 'bought RX7... between 08/01/18 and 09/11/18 are eligible for a free upgrade to RX 7' although there are typos on that page too (Ie presumably they mean bought RX6) so I've emailed them... we'll see..

iZotope, Inc. |

Looking for your Free upgrade to RX 7 or...
good luck. you should at least try the install for now. personally i would have kept my mouth shut
Old 11th October 2018 | Show parent
  #67
Lives for gear
 
mutetourettes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parricide View Post
good luck. you should at least try the install for now. personally i would have kept my mouth shut
eh? I don't understand why I'd have kept my mouth shut? I'm missing some nuance here....

anyhooo - izotope support got back to me and apologised for the RX7 serial not appearing in my account, and promptly gave me it, so all good!! Nice one Izotope!
Old 13th October 2018 | Show parent
  #68
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
eh? I don't understand why I'd have kept my mouth shut? I'm missing some nuance here....

anyhooo - izotope support got back to me and apologised for the RX7 serial not appearing in my account, and promptly gave me it, so all good!! Nice one Izotope!
lol i completely misread what you wrote the first time
Old 16th October 2018
  #69
Lives for gear
 
JC Biffro's Avatar
 

Music Production Suite 2 is coming—which includes RX8.
Old 17th October 2018 | Show parent
  #70
Lives for gear
 
Jim Rosebrook's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Biffro View Post
Music Production Suite 2 is coming—which includes RX8.
Music Production suite 2 will include the new RX7 Standard and LOTS of other cool stuff. Looking forward to this!
Old 21st July 2020 | Show parent
  #71
Here for the gear
 

I used iZotope RX 7 de-reverb to make some dialogue recorded in a boomy room sound a lot drier and closer and the results were unbelievable. For remixing and separation, I am loving the new Music Re-Balance feature but after trying a demo of Acoustica by Acon Digital, was impressed just as much by the new remix plugin as well as the clean-up plugins...very powerful and underatted indeed. I would say RX 7 is on a par with Acoustica for sure.

Also worth considering/demoing is Hit'n'Mix Infinity 4.7 which lets you separate, remix, repair and edit your audio all in one programme:

https://hitnmix.com/videos/

It can first appear like Melodyne meets RX meets Audionamix Trax Pro but amongst other differences, Hit'n'Mix Infinity offers a new approach to editing – it's not necessary to edit waveforms and/or frequency spectrums. Instead, it unlocks the audio in ways that allow complete control over all attributes of notes, harmonics and unpitched sounds. At times, it can feel like you're working with MIDI!
Old 21st July 2020 | Show parent
  #72
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkedup View Post
I used iZotope RX 7 de-reverb to make some dialogue recorded in a boomy room sound a lot drier and closer and the results were unbelievable. For remixing and separation, I am loving the new Music Re-Balance feature but after trying a demo of Acoustica by Acon Digital, was impressed just as much by the new remix plugin as well as the clean-up plugins...very powerful and underatted indeed. I would say RX 7 is on a par with Acoustica for sure.

Also worth considering/demoing is Hit'n'Mix Infinity 4.7 which lets you separate, remix, repair and edit your audio all in one programme:

https://hitnmix.com/videos/

It can first appear like Melodyne meets RX meets Audionamix Trax Pro but amongst other differences, Hit'n'Mix Infinity offers a new approach to editing – it's not necessary to edit waveforms and/or frequency spectrums. Instead, it unlocks the audio in ways that allow complete control over all attributes of notes, harmonics and unpitched sounds. At times, it can feel like you're working with MIDI!
SERIOUSLY???? STOP ADVERTISING ON EVERY POST.
Old 21st July 2020
  #73
Lives for gear
 

THIS WAS YOUR POST ON MELODYNE THREAD:

Loving the new sibilance editing capabilities in Melodyne 5, including the improved melodic algorithm but for me, I would still only use Melodyne 5 to tune instruments, and opt for Revoice Pro for vocals which in my view, is still the best vocal editing software out there.

I also mostly use a combination of iZotope RX 7 and Accusonus plugins for clean up but for separation, I am loving the new Music Re-Balance feature and after trying a demo of Acoustica by Acon Digital, was impressed by the new remix plugin as well as the clean-up plugins...very powerful and underatted indeed.

Also worth considering/demoing is Hit'n'Mix Infinity 4.7 which lets you separate, remix, repair and edit your audio all in one programme:

https://hitnmix.com/videos/

It can first appear like Melodyne meets RX meets Audionamix Trax Pro but amongst other differences, Hit'n'Mix Infinity offers a new approach to editing – it's not necessary to edit waveforms and/or frequency spectrums. Instead, it unlocks the audio in ways that allow complete control over all attributes of notes, harmonics and unpitched sounds. At times, it can feel like you're working with MIDI and the engine was not licensed from Celemony.


AND THIS WAS MY RESPONSE THERE:

Are you affiliated with Hit'n'Mix in any way - no offence meant, it just seemed almost like an advert you were posting for it so I looked quickly at your previous posts on GS and it seems you just keep posting about Hit'n'Mix Infinity in different areas of the site...

I have seen some videos of it and it does look good but for someone with RX 7, Autotune Pro, Melodyne Studio and Revoice Pro 4 I am not sure that it would be worth it for myself.

Whether or not you are affiliated with Hit'n'Mix, maybe give some real world examples that you have achieved with it that the combination of the others can not? I am usually sceptical about video demos on products such as these because the examples provided can often be misleading about how effective they can be. I think a while ago I saw that there is a demo available? If so I might try it but if you could say how it has helped you personally it would be helpful.

Thanks.

DO YOU WANT ME TO COPY AND PASTE ALL YOUR OTHER ADVERTISING THREADS AS WELL. START A PROPER DISCUSSION IF YOU WANT TO DO THAT SORT OF ADVERTISING.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 698 views: 78727
Avatar for jc2046
jc2046 4 days ago
replies: 217 views: 50175
Avatar for Leverson
Leverson 7th June 2014
replies: 2 views: 320
Avatar for ibtl
ibtl 20th July 2020
replies: 126 views: 16103
Avatar for Neptune45
Neptune45 2 weeks ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump