The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Native Instruments announces KOMPLETE 12
Old 21st November 2018
  #121
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
Thank you. That's a shame that they would sell old software packages so long after a new release.

I'm prepared to wait for the right deal anyway. Maybe it'll be a 48hr sale over the weekend, a Christmas deal, or next summer. If it's next summer though, then i'll be looking to see what is in 13, then waiting for the sale, then probably waiting for 14 etc etc.

They've done a 50% of Black Friday once in recent times, so here's hoping it will be sooner rather than later, particularly as so many people are disappointed with this update
If one thing is for sure, it’s that everybody will always be totally disappointed for every new version of Komplete... If you really want it, your cheapest route is probably to buy cheap second hand Maschine and then wait for the -50% upgrade sale. It will come sooner or later.
Old 21st November 2018
  #122
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Is it really NI selling on eBay or someone else? Could be someone with old stock if it's legitimate at all.
No, it's music stores selling Komplete Kontrol with Komplete 11. They might be listings that have been there a few months when 11 was king and haven't been updated to reflect new stock, but that doesn't sound as likely now.
Old 21st November 2018
  #123
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornyhornyhorny View Post
If one thing is for sure, it’s that everybody will always be totally disappointed for every new version of Komplete... If you really want it, your cheapest route is probably to buy cheap second hand Maschine and then wait for the -50% upgrade sale. It will come sooner or later.
Thanks, but I already have Maschine MK3 and Select. I'm hanging on for a well priced upgrade to Komplete, but also hoping there's a deal including S49 mk2 as that's my next midi keyboard
Old 21st November 2018
  #124
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
No, it's music stores selling Komplete Kontrol with Komplete 11. They might be listings that have been there a few months when 11 was king and haven't been updated to reflect new stock, but that doesn't sound as likely now.
Got news for you - when a new version of something comes out music stores don't turn back their old stock and exchange it for new - they sell what they've got on hand, often at a discount. It's because of crap like this I don't trust or shop eBay.
Old 22nd November 2018
  #125
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Got news for you - when a new version of something comes out music stores don't turn back their old stock and exchange it for new - they sell what they've got on hand, often at a discount. It's because of crap like this I don't trust or shop eBay.
Sometimes you can end up with something useful this way -- I remember when Apple bought Emagic and discontinued Logic for Windows, I stumbled across an old copy of Logic Platinum at a Sam Ash for some absurdly low price ($89 or so?... it's been awhile). I bought it not to use but to take advantage of the upgrade and crossgrade offers I got from later releases of Digital Performer and Apple's Logic.

But yeah I would assume if you see Komplete 11 in the ad that's what you're getting and there's no free upgrade to 12 unless specified.
Old 22nd November 2018
  #126
Lives for gear
 
iLex's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiospace View Post
Sometimes you can end up with something useful this way

*snip*
Indeed! I remember getting my first version of Komplete (version 4 I think) by buying some old Native Instruments software from my go to music store's stock and then buying an upgrade from that to Komplete 4. The combination of the two was cheaper than the regular version of Komplete 4.
This was advised by the guy from the music store
Old 22nd November 2018
  #127
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLex View Post
Indeed! I remember getting my first version of Komplete (version 4 I think) by buying some old Native Instruments software from my go to music store's stock and then buying an upgrade from that to Komplete 4. The combination of the two was cheaper than the regular version of Komplete 4.
This was advised by the guy from the music store
Technically I am pretty sure I am still upgrading and crossgrading from that original copy of Logic Platinum.

Likewise I picked up a discounted version of Gigastudio once (yeah I'm getting old) and crossgraded to Kontakt 1, then eventually upgraded Kontakt to Komplete.

It never ends....
Old 22nd November 2018
  #128
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLex View Post
Indeed! I remember getting my first version of Komplete (version 4 I think) by buying some old Native Instruments software from my go to music store's stock and then buying an upgrade from that to Komplete 4. The combination of the two was cheaper than the regular version of Komplete 4.
This was advised by the guy from the music store
Something else that's worked like this in the past and it still might is with Soundtoys. Back a year or so ago I purchased Echoboy at a sale price and was immediately able to purchase the bundle at a cut price. The total of what was spent was cheaper than buying the bundle first instead of Echoboy.
Old 22nd November 2018
  #129
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Got news for you - when a new version of something comes out music stores don't turn back their old stock and exchange it for new - they sell what they've got on hand, often at a discount. It's because of crap like this I don't trust or shop eBay.
Yes, I don't expect the music store to, but sometimes if you buy software close to a new release, say Ableton Live a few weeks before they release a new version, they offer a free upgrade once the new update is released

Which hopefully keeps new customers happy.
Old 22nd November 2018
  #130
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
Yes, I don't expect the music store to, but sometimes if you buy software close to a new release, say Ableton Live a few weeks before they release a new version, they offer a free upgrade once the new update is released

Which hopefully keeps new customers happy.
But that only works if you buy the old version before the new gets released. Anything else and you don't get a freebie upgrade but a cut price upgrade.
Old 22nd November 2018
  #131
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
But that only works if you buy the old version before the new gets released. Anything else and you don't get a freebie upgrade but a cut price upgrade.
Good point!
Old 22nd November 2018
  #132
Lives for gear
 
iLex's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiospace View Post
Technically I am pretty sure I am still upgrading and crossgrading from that original copy of Logic Platinum.
I don't think you can upgrade to Logic Pro X. I'm pretty sure it is the same (albeit very low) price for new and old users. My first version of Logic set me back 1069 euros

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiospace View Post
Likewise I picked up a discounted version of Gigastudio once (yeah I'm getting old) and crossgraded to Kontakt 1, then eventually upgraded Kontakt to Komplete.

It never ends....
I can't remember the software that I bought to upgrade to Komplete 4, but I've been upgrading all the way up to Komplete 12 Extremely Super Ultimate Badass Definitive Master Collection For Collectors Who Want Everything from that small piece of software too.
Old 22nd November 2018
  #133
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLex View Post
I don't think you can upgrade to Logic Pro X. I'm pretty sure it is the same (albeit very low) price for new and old users. My first version of Logic set me back 1069 euros
Yeah, you're right.

At the risk of being extremely boring, here is my vague recollection of how my DAW purchases went:

Sonar XL (Windows) -- full price

Logic Platinum (never installed)

Cubase 2 (?) -- used crossgrade from Logic (everybody on Windows was doing extremely generous crossgrades to snap up Logic customers)

BOUGHT FIRST MAC

Digital Performer -- also used crossgrade from Logic

Apple Logic -- used upgrade from Emagic Logic

Logic X -- paid full price

Cubase Pro 9.5 (current DAW) -- crossgraded from Logic X
Old 22nd December 2018
  #134
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by v00d00ppl View Post
Sorry, but if you buy komplete 11 you only get komplete 11. You could wait for summer of sale and get komplete 12 for half off.
Took the plunge and bought a keyboard with 11 Select and after registering it, it turns out NI have given me 12 Select with it

Not sure if this is because I already had 11 Select, but it was a nice surprise. Maybe this only works if you already have 11, so I apologise to anybody if this doesn't work for them.
Old 25th November 2019
  #135
Lives for gear
 
mpresev's Avatar
Halo world, I have some Native Instruments softies and most of them were given by NI for free around Christmas time.
I really thank them for doing that because the free stuff they gave I use .
1. Phasis
2. Replika Delay – given by NI back on Christmas 2014

Over the weekend, I took the time to download:
Komplete Start – I’m very very impressed with KONTAKT 6 player called Analog Dreams, Kinetik Treats, Hybrid Keys, Ethereal Earth.
It comes with Reaktor 6 as well and there’s a very good drum machine called New School, Lazerbass, Carbon 2, Space Drone, TR01 Bass/TRK01 Kick.

I believe that if anyone is starting out? Get these free NI goodies and get one of those USB MIDI Controllers
I was very impressed with TRK01 bass/TRK01 Kick.
Laserbass – I don’t have to use it for bass but use the sounds for leads.



I highly recommend the free NI giveaways now.

Last edited by mpresev; 25th November 2019 at 06:31 PM..
Old 10th December 2019
  #136
Lives for gear
 
Scoox's Avatar
Aparently Kontakt 4 > 5 > 6 in terms of library conversion functionality. That's SO Native Instruments...
Old 10th December 2019
  #137
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoox View Post
Aparently Kontakt 4 > 5 > 6 in terms of library conversion functionality. That's SO Native Instruments...
I don't understand what you're saying. What do you mean - in plain English please.
Old 10th December 2019
  #138
Lives for gear
 
Scoox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I don't understand what you're saying. What do you mean - in plain English please.
This but I'm not sure it's accurate as nobody ever followed up on that thread. And I totally used the wrong wording in my earlier post—it had been a while since I read that.

By "so Native Instruments" I referred to the practice of releasing an upgrade that overall feels more like a downgrade.

Last edited by Scoox; 11th December 2019 at 05:39 PM..
Old 10th December 2019
  #139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoox View Post
Aparently Kontakt 4 > 5 > 6 in terms of library conversion functionality. That's SO Native Instruments...
Yes, but isn't that primarily related to V6 no longer importing 32-bit formats, so it's those formats which have gone away and not modern/current types? That's bound to happen as we move away from 32.
Old 10th December 2019
  #140
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoox View Post
This but I'm not sure it's accurate as nobody ever followed up on that thread. And I totally use the wrong wording there—it's been a while since I read that.

By "so Native Instruments" I referred to the practice of releasing an upgrade that overall feels more like a downgrade.
Which person are you in that thread?
Old 11th December 2019
  #141
Lives for gear
 
Scoox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Which person are you in that thread?
Not sure if that was sarcasm but I'm not on that thread.
Old 11th December 2019
  #142
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoox View Post
Not sure if that was sarcasm but I'm not on that thread.
Well the wording you used here: "And I totally use the wrong wording there" made it seem like you were part of that thread.
Old 11th December 2019
  #143
Lives for gear
 
Scoox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Well the wording you used here: "And I totally use the wrong wording there" made it seem like you were part of that thread.
By 'there' I meant my earlier post (#136) on this very thread. I said "library conversion" which was incorrect. I've edited that post now to make it more clear.
Old 11th December 2019
  #144
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoox View Post
By 'there' I meant my earlier post (#136) on this very thread. I said "library conversion" which was incorrect. I've edited that post now to make it more clear.
You should have mentioned the thread here and not just the one on the NI site. And exactly what you were referring to.
Old 11th December 2019
  #145
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You should have mentioned the thread here and not just the one on the NI site. And exactly what you were referring to.
Why are you making this an issue? Telling someone else what they "should have" done? Jesus. Who even cares but you?
Old 11th December 2019
  #146
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Why are you making this an issue? Telling someone else what they "should have" done? Jesus. Who even cares but you?
What are you - the thread sheriff? More likely just another Left Coast snowflake. Don't you tell me what to post or not post. The poster could have saved a lot of confusion if he'd only really said what he was referring to.
Old 12th December 2019
  #147
Lives for gear
 
Fleer's Avatar
Rudolf the Right Coast Reindeer
Old 12th December 2019
  #148
Lives for gear
 
Scoox's Avatar
Easy guys, no offence taken. We are all family
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump