The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
ADPTR MetricAB with Plugin Alliance.
Old 4th September 2018
Gear Nut

ADPTR MetricAB with Plugin Alliance.

Hi,

Plugin Alliance releases a new visualizer and AB comparator.
Looks powerful.

Plugin Alliance says :

"ADPTR Audio as a new partner company to the Plugin Alliance!

The Metric AB plugin enables you to compare your mix to any reference mix with a simple click of the A/B button.

It is designed to provide you with a clear, intuitive workflow and unique analysis tools. Welcome to the new standard in mix referencing. Just put it on your master channel and switch between your actual mix and CD or iTunes mixes by your favorite engineers and bands, other versions of your mix, etc.

Drag and drop up to 16 reference tracks into Metric AB and take advantage of features such as instant volume matching, cue and loop functions and various monitoring modes. Playback of your reference mixes can be synced with your DAW to create the perfect workflow.

Get technical with more advanced features including multiple analyses modes (spectrum, correlation, stereo image) and industry compliant loudness and dynamics metering. With Metric AB on your master buss you get all the data you need about your mix and reference audio simultaneously.

Metric AB will play back various formats, like WAV, MP3, AIFF and FLAC! All from within your mix session.

Just put it on your master buss after all the processing plugins you may use (limiters, eqs etc.).

Metric AB offers professional LUFS metering, so it's the perfect buddy for bx_masterdesk and other mastering solutions!"

Free demo.
No price for the moment...
Attached Thumbnails
ADPTR MetricAB with Plugin Alliance.-adptr.jpg  
Old 4th September 2018
Lives for gear

Looks interesting!
Old 4th September 2018
Gear Nut

------> User Manual ;-)
Old 4th September 2018
Lives for gear

How are the meters on this one?
( I am here every Tuesdays :-) )
rsp
Old 4th September 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
How are the meters on this one?
( I am here every Tuesdays :-) )
rsp
Quite impressive actually. This is like a better Magic AB in every way - especially in the metering department. I really like the added features (compared to Magic AB) like the overlay, or side by side, solo bass, highs, mid, side, etc. Very nice! Depending on the price/sale, I'm definitely interested.

Edit: Way too expensive. Nevermind.

Last edited by chembros; 16th September 2018 at 07:51 AM..
Old 4th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chembros View Post
Quite impressive actually. This is like a better Magic AB in every way - especially in the metering department. I really like the added features (compared to Magic AB) like the overlay, or side by side, solo bass, highs, mid, side, etc. Very nice! Depending on the price/sale, I'm definitely interested.
Thanks chembros... That was my next question. How it compared to the Magic AB?

I certainly will have a look.
Old 4th September 2018
Lives for gear

This is on my master from now on.
Old 5th September 2018
Now that's brilliant. I'm replacing 4 plugins with this guy... I just wish that the "Match" function works similar to the Set feature in the MCompare
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM Grabber View Post
Thanks chembros... That was my next question. How it compared to the Magic AB?

I certainly will have a look.
It's by the same dev - this is the (vastly) updated version. Looking forward to comparing this to Reference (MTM) which was often handy.
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear

Ok, this is absolutely fabulous tool!
All in One!
If the price is good I'll surely grab it.
How nice would be to have also a resizable gui
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
It's by the same dev - this is the (vastly) updated version. Looking forward to comparing this to Reference (MTM) which was often handy.
Oh really? Interesting! I wonder if Magic AB owners will get a cross-grade price? Looks like a nice step up for Magic AB that's for sure.

R.
Old 5th September 2018
Gear Addict

Cant seem to make this plug appear in PT10 HD..
I can see the plugin in the plugins folder, but not showing up in PT software...

It seems my system is supported, so all good there i think.
Any ideas?

Cheers
Dave
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear

Am I the only one who finds the whole price is tbd thing to be in poor form?

Really??? You don’t know what you plan to charge?

Sorry. Just a tad weird, right?

This is exactly the *type* of plug I’d go for right now, but since I own MagicAB, I’m going to opt for the “ignorance is bliss” approach and avoid demo.

My .02
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbirdstudio View Post
Cant seem to make this plug appear in PT10 HD..
I can see the plugin in the plugins folder, but not showing up in PT software...

It seems my system is supported, so all good there i think.
Any ideas?

Cheers
Dave
No RTAS format. AAX only.

Unless they explicitly state it, when developers list AAX compatibility, they usually only mean 64bit. As you probably know, PT10 only supports AAX 32bit.

Unfortunately, it's a no go for you. Well, unless you're planning on updating to PT12 at some point.

Last edited by sardi; 6th September 2018 at 06:17 AM..
Old 5th September 2018
This one seems perfect to me! finally comparing with complete metering & analysis tools all in one! Nice!
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear

It does seem a little odd that there’s a demo but no price...
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Magic AB is by SampleMagic so it's certainly not the same company.
Are you saying it's the same underlying developer for both companies?
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey MTC View Post
Magic AB is by SampleMagic so it's certainly not the same company.
Are you saying it's the same underlying developer for both companies?

Answering myself - just saw on Facebook that it is indeed the same guy behind both plugins.

This new one smokes the old Magic AB! it's as good a visual comparison tool as it is an audio one!
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear

curious on price for this.

iZotope Ozone has been great for referencing tracks so really the thing that may set this one apart is the MIDI control features as Ozone requires several clicks to do what you need.

Hopefully it’s at a no brainer price.
Old 5th September 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey MTC View Post
This new one smokes the old Magic AB! it's as good a visual comparison tool as it is an audio one!
Let’s wait for the price :-/
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear
FINALLY!!!!
MagicAB on Steroids. I couldn't live without it but it was a real pain syncing up for sound for picture when you have more than 10s offset on cues from the beginning.
Demoing right now.
Great Update! Take my money (update price or not for MagicAB owners)
Fantastic metering options. Super well laid out. Just WOW. This is the MOTHERLODE of reference plugins. Pardon the CAPS, just so excited about such a small but major part of my daily workflow getting such an enormous improvement.
They went straight from V2 to V!

great job!
Old 5th September 2018
Here for the gear

Well, I'm not demoing this until they clearly state the price.
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear

I'm guessing $199, with an intro of $99.
Old 5th September 2018
unr
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianw View Post
Well, I'm not demoing this until they clearly state the price.
I'll do the same. Waiting for the email Dirk announced on Facebook. It will have prices for their customer tiers, normal, heavy hitters and pick packers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvyn View Post
It does seem a little odd that there’s a demo but no price...
They do it now every time they have a new plugin. My guess, they check how the feedback/interest on the demo/beta is and set the price accordingly (+-$20).
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear

Or figure if you start to use it, you are more likely to buy it (justify buying it) even if the price turns out higher than you hoped.
I too don't demo until I see a price.
rsp
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear
Two suggestions if I may for version 3.1. It would be great to be able to copy the offset from one container in to another or make it global across entire plugin with a button. Usually I import previous versions of client mixes and they all start at the same point on my timeline. No biggy though AND if we could drag and drop or at least copy and paste the audio file from one container into another empty container (for simplicity) to allow order rearrangement without have to reload the file via the Finder menu once it is already in the plug-in session.

And to no my colleagues who are afraid to demo before the price is announced. You won't get around this one in the long run either way IMHO. It is so fundamental in our everyday workflow, it kicks ass all over MagicAB which was unique and indispensable for me as it is for many years.

A metering plugin this well thought out and with so much benefit to speed in workflow is worth 199$ IMHO. Hell MAAT Mrk2 is 99 alone for a single licence I think. And it also has some of the functionality I use in Exposure as well as Ozone8 Tonal Balance (which is great).

So pleased with this .... how can you tell....
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM Grabber View Post
How it compared to the Magic AB?
Folks over on KVR have asserted that Mark Adamo was involved with creating Magic AB. Given that its Sync feature was broken at 96khz, this PA offering is much better for me. The correlation meter might be worth the entire price of admission. Level matching is really nice, too.
Old 5th September 2018
Gear Nut

Does it do anything that reference (by mastering the mix) does not?
Old 5th September 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoc View Post
Does it do anything that reference (by mastering the mix) does not?
It combines reference and levels. And adds some more features.
Demo it :-)
Old 5th September 2018
Lives for gear
Tested for hours & so far no issues, crashes or strange behavior. For me this will replace Izotope, Reference & all the other similar plugins I have for referencing, LUFS & mix checking.
Great job.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search