The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ADPTR MetricAB with Plugin Alliance. Metering & Analysis Plugins
Old 14th September 2018
  #121
Here for the gear
 
Bob Tom's Avatar
 

Very disappointed with the price, $99 plus VAT as a HH. As Reference by MTM is $50 over at Audiodeluxe, if you have an account, it's looking likely I'll plump for that instead.
Old 14th September 2018
  #122
Gear Head
 

Yeah, PA plugins are pretty expensive comparatively in general, but a 200$ default price for a basic utility/metering plugin in 2018 is just taking the piss.
Old 14th September 2018
  #123
Gear Addict
With vouchers $50.00 is fair. I'm already using it more than Izotope but will keep that & get rid of Reference & a few others that this easily replaces.
Old 14th September 2018
  #124
Gear Maniac
 
ChrisNunchuck's Avatar
129 is way too high for a metering tool.
I don't recall getting any vouchers this month, even so they are usually only in the 25-35 range. I'll stick with mCompare. I feel it really needs a waveform display of the 'A' audio feed. That combined with Cubase crashes..
Old 14th September 2018
  #125
Here for the gear
 

I guess I can live with MagicAB, Youlean, WLM, Insight 2, LM2n and Span for now. But it's a nice one no doubt.
Old 14th September 2018
  #126
Gear Maniac
 

Simply: PA lose their minds.
Old 14th September 2018
  #127
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
Asher something tells me if Townhouse and Masterdesk were going for 99 as HH intros MetricAB is never gonna intro at 199. The rest is just marketing psychology don't ya think? I am definitely keeping my voucher for this one, no matter what PA flashes on me till months end. It is just such an awesome workflow. And honestly if it was never open sale and always 199, I would be miffed but would absolutely be putting it in my investment pipeline anyways.

This for under 100 is a no brainer. Its so well done, not perfect but there ain't much missing IMHO. MagicAB for better or for worse was welded to my outputs since the last year. I couldn't imagine dealing with client variations without it. Often my alt mixes end up in the lower alphabet until final delivery. This is so much more than muting and unmuting mixes on my timeline. The metrics are a dream come true.
Ok, I'm calming down now
You know, my wife is an avid quilter. We ain't no spring chickens anymore and she bought herself some needle threading gadget for 20 bucks this weekend and she is over the moon over this, for her, game changing utility. Well I know exactly how she feels bro!
This is awesome ! lol.

Edit: Guess we suspected correctly on the pricing, which isnt so awesome. If I could find someone generous enough to hand me their $50 voucher for free I may be more interested, but why do that when that would be encouraging such pricing in the first place...I'll wait a couple months and continue to work as I always have been. Ive been doing the plugin purchase dance for a while now, this has definitely soured me a bit on PA.
Old 14th September 2018
  #128
Lives for gear
 
mike1k's Avatar
No crossgrade if you bought Magic AB years ago? Horrible business model. I own a ton of PA plugins but that's it for me.

Rediculous.
Old 14th September 2018
  #129
Gear Maniac
 
ChrisNunchuck's Avatar
The FB voucher is better and has to be used without the other intro offer, but I couldn't stack a monthly voucher on it.At $99 it seems to much for this offering.
Old 14th September 2018
  #130
Gear Addict
 
stonelark's Avatar
 

I'm out. I'll continue to use Magic A/B or Reference. I can duplicate any missing functions with visualizers/analyzers downstream.

I had set my high intro price for consideration at $79, but even that was a reach.

Last edited by stonelark; 14th September 2018 at 07:31 PM..
Old 14th September 2018
  #131
Gear Addict
 

Overall, I think the design and execution are brilliant. I would like one additional feature, though. Allow comparisons with another buss in the DAW, in addition to (definitely not instead of) mixes loaded from disk. I know, you can render the comparison mix and then load it into MetricAB. But why should you have to bother? Especially if you are fine tuning both mixes, not just the primary one., The technology for this is not very difficult (see DMG Dualism, Meter Plugs Perception, Nugen MasterCheck).
Old 14th September 2018
  #132
Gear Maniac
 
BadYodeler's Avatar
 

$49 with HH + voucher --> insta buy. Awesome plugin, great features, works flawlessly.

People here saying they wouldn't pay more than $15 for this or are expecting a crossgrade are delusional. Also, for those complaining about the delay in price tag: if that's bothering you so much, why not simply wait another 1 or 2 weeks until checking it out??? If you do that, nothing has changed for you. I have no idea what there is to whine about exactly
Old 14th September 2018
  #133
Lives for gear
 
mike1k's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
are expecting a crossgrade are delusional.
Oh really? Of course it's crazy for a company (Izotope for example...) to offer a crossgrade on an upgraded version of a product someone has previously purchased. Juts plain unreasonable.

Careful who you call delusional.....
Old 14th September 2018
  #134
Gear Maniac
 
BadYodeler's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1k View Post
Oh really? Of course it's crazy for a company (Izotope for example...) to offer a crossgrade on an upgraded version of a product someone has previously purchased. Juts plain unreasonable.

Careful who you call delusional.....
Well, in case you haven't noticed, let me help you:

Plugin Alliance != Sample Magic

Even from just the technical side of things, offering a crossgrade is impossible, as others here already pointed out.
Old 14th September 2018
  #135
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
$49 with HH + voucher --> insta buy. Awesome plugin, great features, works flawlessly.

People here saying they wouldn't pay more than $15 for this or are expecting a crossgrade are delusional. Also, for those complaining about the delay in price tag: if that's bothering you so much, why not simply wait another 1 or 2 weeks until checking it out??? If you do that, nothing has changed for you. I have no idea what there is to whine about exactly
You sound delusional...
Why should you have a better price than me or others heavy hitters makes no sense...with around 70 PA plugs I must pay 92$.Totally not fair...
I wish PA stop with this vouchers nonsense and just lower their prices...
Old 14th September 2018
  #136
Thumbs down

Well, if someone wants to donate their $50 voucher to me, I’m in, otherwise even $99 is just too much for me to justify purchasing when Sample Magic AB is working like a champ.
Old 14th September 2018
  #137
Gear Maniac
 
BadYodeler's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaner View Post
You sound delusional...
Why should you have a better price than me or others heavy hitters makes no sense...with around 70 PA plugs I must pay 92$.Totally not fair...
I wish PA stop with this vouchers nonsense and just lower their prices...
I don't know what you are talking about. HH price is $99, how do you come up with $92? They don't hand out $7 vouchers. I had a $50 monthly voucher, so 99-50=49. If you think you are treated unfairly, sum up your invoices for the past 12 months and look up on the PA page what voucher you deserve, it's very transparent. If you should find out that you didn't get a voucher that corresponds to your amount of spending, contact PA sales support and they will sort you out
Old 14th September 2018
  #138
Gear Head
 

Sorry mistake...99$ it is...nevermind, don't need it really
Imho one of the worst PA intro sales ever...
Old 14th September 2018
  #139
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
If you think you are treated unfairly, sum up your invoices for the past 12 months and look up on the PA page what voucher you deserve, it's very transparent.
I can’t find this in my account. Where is it?
Old 14th September 2018
  #140
Gear Maniac
 
BadYodeler's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
I can’t find this in my account. Where is it?
The voucher policy is explained here, under "Plugin Alliance Vouchers":

Customer Support - Plugin Alliance

However, now that I look at it they don't show the actual spending amount cut-offs there. The following is from a recent voucher email:

Quote:
Plugin Alliance Official Voucher Policy:

1 - If you spent $50 – 299 with us in the last 12 months, we will be sending you a $25 voucher for the next 12 months, every month (total voucher value of $300).

2 - If you spent $300 – $599 with us in the last 12 months, we will be sending you a $50 voucher for the next 12 month (total voucher value of $600).

3 - If you spent $600 or more with us in the last 12 months, we will be sending you a $75 voucher for the next 12 months (total voucher value of $900).

Each Plugin Alliance user account can only use one voucher of a kind per month!
Old 14th September 2018
  #141
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
... I have no idea what there is to whine about exactly

You could read some posts back. Maybe you'll get it then ...





Old 14th September 2018
  #142
I just loaded the demo and get a lot of crackle when ever the plugin gui is open. It seems like my Roland plugins double their CPU hit when ever I look at this plugin. Unusable in Studio One 4 Mac, don't know if it's only with Roland plugins.
Old 14th September 2018
  #143
Lives for gear
 
Coyoteous's Avatar
 

Yeah... additionally don't like HH = FB discounts.

I do like them not spamming me with deals for plug-ins I already own now, though.

Basically, new plug-ins are $99 less your voucher now... so: $25 to $75.

Not the end of the world and their stuff is generally pretty great.

I'll pass on this one... I have to keep thinking of the vouchers as a discount rather than money.
Old 14th September 2018
  #144
Lives for gear
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave View Post
I just loaded the demo and get a lot of crackle when ever the plugin gui is open. It seems like my Roland plugins double their CPU hit when ever I look at this plugin. Unusable in Studio One 4 Mac, don't know if it's only with Roland plugins.
Raymond , could you try on another daw ...i don't trust studio one 4 at all
Old 14th September 2018
  #145
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
... Even from just the technical side of things, offering a crossgrade is impossible ...
Zynaptiq has figured out how to do this. Maybe they just took everybody's word for the validity of the serial numbers we all provided for the other developer's products. Or maybe not. I don't know.

More generally on the main subject of this thread, for a long time I didn't have to pay much more than 15% to 20% of the "list" price for Plugin Alliance products. Since my monthly voucher amount has gone down to $25 (because so many of my past purchases were outside the voucher program's time limit), I'm finding that the percentage has crept back up 25% to 30% of "list". I'll pay $74 for MetricAB because I think it will become an essential part of my template. But I've been passing on some other recent PA offerings -- at least until Black Friday.
Old 14th September 2018
  #146
Gear Maniac
 

Has anyone had a chance to compare this to the new izotope plug? I too downloaded but didn't demo as i didn't know the price...then just when i go to check it out, Izotope drop their plug.
I already have and use Melda Mcompare - which in typical melda fashion, seems to have offered all the above and more despite beig released years ago. The other thing i like about it is that i can just leave MXXX open on my master and load MCompare alongside MMultiAnalyser, so i can reference tracks and quickly switch to referencing my Mixbusses together.


I should also add, the HOFA plugin looks really really good too, have had my eye on that one for at least a year.
The other metering plug in like the look of is the IKMultimedia plug (think thats quite new)
that said, not sure ill find anyone here who owns all of them! haha

However, it would be nice to have a fresher GUI and more immediate interface whilst having everything i need very quickly reachable.
This is tough
Old 14th September 2018
  #147
Gear Head
 

Anyone got a $50 sept. voucher they don't plan on using?
Old 15th September 2018
  #148
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1k View Post
No crossgrade if you bought Magic AB years ago?
So that’s a no-no.
Old 15th September 2018
  #149
Gear Maniac
 

Izotope Ozone 8 standard is 99 which gives you more like eq comp and limiters. Also it has referencing modes.
Old 15th September 2018
  #150
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrichard63 View Post
Zynaptiq has figured out how to do this. Maybe they just took everybody's word for the validity of the serial numbers we all provided for the other developer's products. Or maybe not. I don't know.

More generally on the main subject of this thread, for a long time I didn't have to pay much more than 15% to 20% of the "list" price for Plugin Alliance products. Since my monthly voucher amount has gone down to $25 (because so many of my past purchases were outside the voucher program's time limit), I'm finding that the percentage has crept back up 25% to 30% of "list". I'll pay $74 for MetricAB because I think it will become an essential part of my template. But I've been passing on some other recent PA offerings -- at least until Black Friday.
Zynaptiq’s case is different; they bought the IP and rights to the software that was previously sold by Prosoniq. PA and Sample Magic are completely unrelated companies.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump