The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
ADPTR MetricAB with Plugin Alliance.
Old 4 weeks ago
unr
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_Green View Post
Glad you got it fixed. Driver updates are usually a first thing to try when troubleshooting, especially with any display problems.

Cheers

Yeah, but there are people like me, who cant update as nvidia stopped supporting the GeForce570 models and the latest drivers they released broke live 10 for me.
Fortunately I don't have this problem with metric adptr on windows 10.
Just wanted to let you know that the latest driver is not always the best
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Indeed, and Nvidia is notorious for sometimes screwing up the DPC latency on a Windows PC. My motto is this: When things work, do NOT ever update anything.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Hi all - do you know if PA ever drops the price to buy Metric A/B outright? I haven't bought (or subscribed to) any PA products before. $199 seems steep.... would really appreciate if anyone has a referral link or coupon I could use
Old 3 weeks ago
adl
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruscoe View Post
Hi all - do you know if PA ever drops the price to buy Metric A/B outright? I haven't bought (or subscribed to) any PA products before. $199 seems steep.... would really appreciate if anyone has a referral link or coupon I could use
Try to get it second hand would be my advice.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adl View Post
Try to get it second hand would be my advice.
I'd agree - I bought MetricAB from Plugin Alliance when it was in a sale, and with my personal vouchers (from buying other PA plugins) I ended up paying $16.80 for it.

That's an absolute bargain, but it does make the full price seem somewhat excessive

Martin
Old 2 weeks ago
0e0
Gear Maniac
i LOVE THIS THING.

i have Magic AB before which really helped me...but i did have a bunch of filters after it for analyzing critical bands etc...and some metering plugins..this thing replaces them all..and is so much snappier than magic AB

j

0=0
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Agreed. This is one of my ESSENTIAL plugins.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonelark View Post
Agreed. This is one of my ESSENTIAL plugins.
It’s a Swiss Army knife AFAIC
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

It’s on sale for $49 with code METRab-49-24. You can stack your personal voucher. Be very quick.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

ADPTR MetricAB with Plugin Alliance.-screenshot-2019-09-13-09.39.38.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
ADPTR MetricAB with Plugin Alliance.-screenshot-2019-09-13-09.39.38.jpg  
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
It’s on sale for $49 with code METRab-49-24. You can stack your personal voucher. Be very quick.
All ready got months ago and can confirm my opinion is that it's an awesome plugin.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

I have this already but good to see the vouchers and decent sales are continuing.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

A usage question...

I've been using MetricAB to compare some mixes from a mix engineer, and some of the mixes start at a slightly different time. I am using Synch mode, but how do I get a precise alignment between the alternate takes? I've read the manual and played around with the Playback Mode counter, but am not quite sure what I'm doing. The alignment process seems random to me so far. Any tips or help you can provide. Thanks in advance.
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonelark View Post
A usage question...

I've been using MetricAB to compare some mixes from a mix engineer, and some of the mixes start at a slightly different time. I am using Synch mode, but how do I get a precise alignment between the alternate takes? I've read the manual and played around with the Playback Mode counter, but am not quite sure what I'm doing. The alignment process seems random to me so far. Any tips or help you can provide. Thanks in advance.
can you tell me how the mixes from the engineer differ from the one you are doing in the mix?
e.g. do they start from a different time in the track or do they have more silence at the start?
the SYNC mode works if you need to start the Reference (B) tracks Later on the timeline, e.g. bar 4. what you would do to line them up is
a) Use SYNC mode as you are doing
b) line up the DAW Position marker to the desired point in time
c) press the SET button

if you need to wiggle it forward or backwards in time from there, then increase or decrease the counter - starting with the fourth number in the counter -
the counter is Hours / Minutes / Seconds / ticks

hope that helps
Old 1 hour ago
Gear Addict

That helps a lot! FYI, usually one of the mixes has a different amount of silence at the front. So I can always pick the mix that starts the soonest as the reference (orange) track, and move it later using the method you detailed here. Thanks very much.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search