The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tascam Model 24: The Multi-Track Live Recording Console of the New Era
Old 20th June 2020
Gear Head
It works!

I literally updated my firmware just before the new one was released, so I missed this one.

Set USB output to stereo mode, changed my audio input to 2 channel 44.1, booted up OBS Studio, and... voila!

Thanks muchly.
Old 20th June 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by syclick View Post
It works!

I literally updated my firmware just before the new one was released, so I missed this one.

Set USB output to stereo mode, changed my audio input to 2 channel 44.1, booted up OBS Studio, and... voila!

Thanks muchly.
Can you comment on the level with your setup?
Old 8th July 2020
Here for the gear

Has anyone here tried using the MIDI time code output over USB on the Model 24 or 16 for sync? I’m thinking of getting a Model 24 (or 16 — I need to figure out space and channel needs) and an Akai Force. A read of the respective manuals suggests that I can use a USB connection from the Model 24 to the Akai and have the Force follow time code from the Model 24, but there's what the manual says and then there's what people have actually managed to make work.
Old 8th August 2020
Here for the gear

Hi there when it says you can record 22 tracks simultaneously, and up to 8 overdubs, does this mean if your just tracking on your own, you can only track 8 tracks, any help would be appreciated cheers
Old 8th August 2020
Here for the gear

Hi there the model 24 says you can record 22 tracks simultaneously and 8 overdubs, so if your tracking just yourself does this mean you can only track 8 tracks, any help would be appreciated, cheers
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig shug View Post
Hi there the model 24 says you can record 22 tracks simultaneously and 8 overdubs, so if your tracking just yourself does this mean you can only track 8 tracks, any help would be appreciated, cheers
When recording live (i.e., the initial recording) you can record up to 22 tracks (plus the main stereo mix) simultaneously. When overdubbing on an existing recording, you can record up to 8 tracks simultaneously. You can make any number of overdubs, as long as they are 8 or fewer tracks at a time.

Presumably if you're just tracking yourself you wouldn't be overdubbing more than 8 tracks at a time.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukpac View Post
When recording live (i.e., the initial recording) you can record up to 22 tracks (plus the main stereo mix) simultaneously. When overdubbing on an existing recording, you can record up to 8 tracks simultaneously. You can make any number of overdubs, as long as they are 8 or fewer tracks at a time.

Presumably if you're just tracking yourself you wouldn't be overdubbing more than 8 tracks at a time.
Yeah see what you mean but am i able to track up to 22 tracks one track at a time if I’m just the only artist, So building an arrangement starting with one track then overdubbing the next 21 tracks one track at a time.
Cheers
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yeah see what you mean but am i able to track up to 22 tracks one track at a time if I’m just the only artist, So building an arrangement starting with one track then overdubbing the next 21 tracks one track at a time.
Cheers
Yes.

The only caveat is the tracks beyond channel 12 are stereo tracks, so you aren’t able to overdub them separately. So you can record 17 separate parts. And also note channel 21/22 doesn’t have a mic preamp, so you’ll have to use an external preamp or only use it for a line level source.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukpac View Post
Quote:
Cheers

Yes.

The only caveat is the tracks beyond channel 12 are stereo tracks, so you aren’t able to overdub them separately. So you can record 17 separate parts. And also note channel 21/22 doesn’t have a mic preamp, so you’ll have to use an external preamp or only use it for a line level source.
Yeah i get you cheers for getting back to me so I’m assuming on the model 16 you can only realy record 10 mono tracks (assuming I’m using the 2 stereo tracks as just mono tracks) the unit sounds appealing but the track counts abit disappointing, obviously theres other uses for the way the tracks are calculated but would of been cool to track at least 22 mono tracks and then the master out.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hi, anyone know if its true you cant hear the graphic EQ on your headphones or studio monitors when multi track recording, or even hear manual fade outs, i read this on the SOS article on the model 24. Just wanted to know if any one has recorded and mixed solely on the board and if this is the case.
Cheers
📝 Reply