The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
EndeavorFX releases Contemporary Color
Old 13th March 2019
Gear Head

The VST3 issue seems to only affect certain Windows users with Studio One and Cubase.

Updating iLok License Manager will fix the issue!

https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager
Old 13th March 2019
Gear Addict

Been demo'ing this for a couple of days now and really like what it does in the LF and HF. However, the mid bands seem too aggressive even at the lowest percentage. And for $29 it's a nice to have.

I'm not getting the idea of 2 skins as two different dll files.
Old 15th March 2019
Lives for gear

i have been demoing and i am a bit confused really. is this a eq saturation thing or a saturator? If i increase the high end saturtion i would assume it would roll off some high end and not increase it like a eq would.
Old 15th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
Been demo'ing this for a couple of days now and really like what it does in the LF and HF. However, the mid bands seem too aggressive even at the lowest percentage. And for $29 it's a nice to have.

I'm not getting the idea of 2 skins as two different dll files.
Be aware, there is a per band mix knob so if those mid bands are too aggressive then simply dial back the mix on them and use them as lightly as you please.
Old 15th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
i have been demoing and i am a bit confused really. is this a eq saturation thing or a saturator? If i increase the high end saturtion i would assume it would roll off some high end and not increase it like a eq would.
It's a bit confusing at first what with the sat/poke/sculpt modes. Running it through PluginDoctor helps get to grips with it faster.

Treat it like a saturation EQ
Old 15th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
Be aware, there is a per band mix knob so if those mid bands are too aggressive then simply dial back the mix on them and use them as lightly as you please.
Yes, I moved to the advanced interface and it's much better as controlling.
Old 15th March 2019
Lives for gear

Whats the difference between this and fabfilter saturn?
Old 15th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
Whats the difference between this and fabfilter saturn?
Apples and oranges - Saturn can do much—much—more, but CC excels what it does; is shape and saturate.

Think of CC as a mixing tool.
Old 15th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Apples and oranges - Saturn can do much—much—more, but CC excels what it does; is shape and saturate.

Think of CC as a mixing tool.
But Saturn or also shapes and saturates and distorts, etc etc...and you can choose ranges, add envelopes, etc.
Old 15th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
But Saturn or also shapes and saturates and distorts, etc etc...and you can choose ranges, add envelopes, etc.
Saturn is nice for sound design, but for mixing you don't need to waste time tweaking knobs, also the more time you spend on tweaking something the more chance you'll lose your perspective on it.
Old 15th March 2019
Gear Addict

Saturn can do a whole lot of stuff CC can't do but I can't do much of what CC can do.* They are really very different tools.

*well, going crazy with envelope followers and stuff you might come somewhat closer to CC if you'd be totally determined to put enough time and energy into it - but what would be the point?
Old 16th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens L. View Post
Saturn can do a whole lot of stuff CC can't do but I can't do much of what CC can do.* They are really very different tools.

*well, going crazy with envelope followers and stuff you might come somewhat closer to CC if you'd be totally determined to put enough time and energy into it - but what would be the point?
You could use Live's Max modulators like the env follower to mess around with that kind of thing for example!
Old 16th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
You could use Live's Max modulators like the env follower to mess around with that kind of thing for example!
With Saturn?

What on earth?
Old 16th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens L. View Post
With Saturn?

What on earth?
Well, you could if you wanted! haha

Maybe I got your message confused, I was thinking you were saying that with env followers/LFOs/etc with CC you could get close to Saturn with CC.

What I meant is that you could use modulators with CC to great effect
Old 16th March 2019
Gear Head

I'm curious, how does this plugin technically work since it's not multiband? Are the 'bands' just different saturation algorithms with a different emphasis on where the harmonics lie in the spectrum?
Old 18th March 2019
Lives for gear

so from my testing this is a eq with saturation. it sounds decent though. would of rather had it just add some good ol fashion saturation on each band instead of eqing it.
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
so from my testing this is a eq with saturation. it sounds decent though. would of rather had it just add some good ol fashion saturation on each band instead of eqing it.
I don't think this is an EQ, it just adds harmonics on a given band, which increases the frequency content in a given band and as such has a similiar effect to an EQ. Black Box HG-2 does something similiar with it's air band, it sounds similiar to an EQ but it's actually harmonic addition.
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubguy99 View Post
I don't think this is an EQ, it just adds harmonics on a given band, which increases the frequency content in a given band and as such has a similiar effect to an EQ. Black Box HG-2 does something similiar with it's air band, it sounds similiar to an EQ but it's actually harmonic addition.
I guess I need to do more testing. I would like to know what feq it is raising.
Old 23rd March 2019
Gear Addict

Would love to have a quick 'Reset All' button.
Old 23rd March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
Would love to have a quick 'Reset All' button.
I hear ya. In my daw I click host preset arrow and it returns plugin to default state. But a reset would be a nice addition to cc advanced as it can be difficult to tell if knobs are at unity with no printed values.
Old 11th April 2019
Gear Head

No further updates to this plugin? Looking forward to:
- Auto Gain compensation
- Double clicking to enter numerical values on knobs.
- Improved interface?
- Reset button
- Presets
Old 24th June 2019
Lives for gear

Late to the party. Demoing, wish me luck (and amazed it's STILL $29).
Old 24th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Just get it now swartzy! And move on with a big grin they are a great bunch of guys. Look with your ears not your eyes and you will “see” what all the merited buzz has been about!
Old 25th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Probably read same comment and crashed into the party as well
Old 25th July 2019
Gear Guru

Just a little thought in case you're all just serial using this, put this thing on a send and boost the low mids on it, perhaps even in M/S on the sides only, and you have a superb fattener (and slight body widener if M/S).
Old 30th July 2019
Lives for gear
It would be great to have more control over M/S.. like adding the saturation to the side signal only.
Old 30th July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
It would be great to have more control over M/S.. like adding the saturation to the side signal only.
+1
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I’m bumping this up...I haven’t seen the dev promoting this much in the past few months but I just tried it. Wow!!! I wanted something like this for the 2 bus and it’s absolutely perfect. The way it saturates is so musical and so danceable.

Try cranking the lows on a hip hop track in layer/digital mode and blend it in halfway. Instant gratification..low end power and presence for small speakers. And you just wanna MOVE!

I’m just scratching the surface but I wanted to say to the dev, ignore the haters! I actually love the GUI lol. You’ve earned an instant fan, keep it up.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Just picked this up. I demoed because of this thread and wasn’t prepared to be impressed. But I was. I haven’t found anything I don’t like this processor on.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Is anybody using this in tandem or replacing other plugins like Wavesfactory Spectre, FieldingDSP Reviver, Ploytec Aroma, etc?

I bought Spectre around the same time and have used it exclusively. I need to really put CC thru the ringer along with Reviver and possibly Aroma (at 89 euro I’m hesitant to buy, as it seems the developer is dormant).
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search