The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate Releases the FG-A Vintage American Equalizer Dynamics Plugins
Old 31st July 2018
  #1
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

Slate Releases the FG-A Vintage American Equalizer



Video: YouTube


Slate Digital is pleased to announce the immediate release of the FG-A, a precise recreation of one of the most famous analog equalizers in audio history.

Our development team took great care to recreate every single nuance of the hardware's unique topology including its proportional curves and its very complex nonlinear behavior which is selectable via the "opamp" button.

This button adds the discrete opamp and transformer emulations. Just like with the hardware, the analog color in this EQ occurs before AND after the EQ filters, and even in between two consecutive bands. Furthermore, the nonlinear coloration is dynamically dependent on the settings, which is something that we found in the hardware but not in any other emulation of the hardware..

Therefore, audio pros will likely hear something unique about the FG-A, even if they have similar plugins from other developers.

Everything Bundle members can go to the EB download page and start using the FG-A right now: Everything Bundle Installers - Slate Digital

If you want to get an ALL ACCESS PASS to every Slate Plugin including the new FG-A, you can join the Everything Bundle Annual Plan which is on sale for just $149 (reg $179). That equates to just over $12 a month. The Everything Bundle now includes several thousand dollars worth of plugins, plus you'll get every new plugin we come out with for the next year.



If you want to purchase just the FG-A for $149, visit the FG-A product page and scroll down to the perpetual purchase section: FG-A - Slate Digital
Old 31st July 2018
  #2
Gear Nut
 

Steven is on fire yo!!!!!!!
Old 31st July 2018
  #3
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyym View Post
Steven is on fire yo!!!!!!!
Thank you brother. We're working hard for ya! Enjoy this EQ. It's simply incredible sounding.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 31st July 2018
  #4
Lives for gear
 
syra's Avatar
Man VMR keeps getting better and better... it has replaced a lot of my usual suspects. Can't imagine anyone doing music today without this in their arsenal...
Old 31st July 2018
  #5
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Thank you brother. We're working hard for ya! Enjoy this EQ. It's simply incredible sounding.

Cheers,
Steven
Please tell me the midiverb is coming q4?

This is great homeboy!
Old 31st July 2018
  #6
Gee
Lives for gear
 
Gee's Avatar
Cool! a little 2500 would be sweet with this!
Old 31st July 2018
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
Detch's Avatar
 

my favorite api EQ emulation so far. Slate did it again!
Old 31st July 2018
  #8
Nnnneeeeewwwwwww ssttttuuuffffffff!!!!!!!!!

Feeling good to be on the everything subscription once again
Old 31st July 2018
  #9
Lives for gear
 

BOOM !!!!
Old 31st July 2018
  #10
Lives for gear
Being an everything bundle subscriber, I'd like to try this of course. Have the problems with VMR 2 and Studio One been fixed yet?
Old 31st July 2018
  #11
Gear Maniac
 
BadYodeler's Avatar
 

Congrats on the release! In before subscription debate, yay!

So, this is a 550A with the midband doubled. If you guys wanted to have 4 bands, why not going for the 550B? This, to me, appears to be an odd design decision. (Will check it out later today, curious to see/hear how the bands interact...)

Also a feature request: please consider putting this thing into a stereo/dual-mono version with L/R and M/S, and switchable 1/2 and 1/4 db steps (like the 5500), and have it as an individual plugin outside of VMR
Old 31st July 2018
  #12
Gear Maniac
 
Studio Saturn's Avatar
I wanted to give it a try as a gearslut user and realised it is over 600MB just for one plugin. I will pass with a lot respect.
Old 31st July 2018
  #13
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post
Being an everything bundle subscriber, I'd like to try this of course. Have the problems with VMR 2 and Studio One been fixed yet?
Yes, that was fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
Congrats on the release! In before subscription debate, yay!

So, this is a 550A with the midband doubled. If you guys wanted to have 4 bands, why not going for the 550B? This, to me, appears to be an odd design decision. (Will check it out later today, curious to see/hear how the bands interact...)

Also a feature request: please consider putting this thing into a stereo/dual-mono version with L/R and M/S, and switchable 1/2 and 1/4 db steps (like the 5500), and have it as an individual plugin outside of VMR
Hi thanks for the suggestions! Also the A and B models of the hardware are a bit different. I like the tone of the A, so we modeled it but doubled the midband!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 31st July 2018
  #14
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
Playing around with it now

Great job!
Old 31st July 2018
  #15
Here for the gear
Just did a fresh Everything Bundle install through Gobbler and it is not there. How to install it? thx
Old 31st July 2018
  #16
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKSOUL View Post
Just did a fresh Everything Bundle install through Gobbler and it is not there. How to install it? thx
I downloaded directly from slates site... the link should be in your email

Everything Bundle Installers - Slate Digital
Old 31st July 2018
  #17
Gear Maniac
 
BadYodeler's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKSOUL View Post
Just did a fresh Everything Bundle install through Gobbler and it is not there. How to install it? thx
Plugin rule #1 : never use Gobbler

Link to installers is right there in the announcement:

Everything Bundle Installers - Slate Digital
Old 31st July 2018
  #18
Lives for gear
 
Ragan's Avatar
 

Yeah if at all possible, avoid the Gobbler situation.

Steven, congrats on the release. Looking forward to putting this bad boy through it’s paces this eve.
Old 31st July 2018
  #19
Here for the gear
yeah it would be too easy thanks for the hint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
Plugin rule #1 : never use Gobbler

Link to installers is right there in the announcement:

Everything Bundle Installers - Slate Digital
Old 31st July 2018
  #20
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Cool! a little 2500 would be sweet with this!
Yes, now we just need the dynamics of:
525
2500

and to equalize things:
550B
560
Old 31st July 2018
  #21
Here for the gear
I'm experiencing a weird glitch with FG-A: the iLok manager sees the license (as a part of the Everything subscription), but the plugin itself claims that "No License Found" and wants me to activate FG-A. The rest of the VMR modules and other iLok plugins work fine. I'm using the most recent version of the iLok manager on Sierra 10.12.6, and all previous updates have went flawless.
Is anyone else experiencing anything similar? Any ideas how to solve this?
Old 31st July 2018
  #22
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
I've only been testing this on vocals thus far but - impressive.
Old 31st July 2018
  #23
Latest update keeps crashing cubase 9.5.3 - on High Sierra 10.13.5.
Old 31st July 2018
  #24
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTo View Post
I'm experiencing a weird glitch with FG-A: the iLok manager sees the license (as a part of the Everything subscription), but the plugin itself claims that "No License Found" and wants me to activate FG-A. The rest of the VMR modules and other iLok plugins work fine. I'm using the most recent version of the iLok manager on Sierra 10.12.6, and all previous updates have went flawless.
Is anyone else experiencing anything similar? Any ideas how to solve this?
Please create a support ticket here: Submit a request – Slate Digital

We will assist you as soon as possible, and get you up and running. Thanks!
Old 31st July 2018
  #25
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
The high band is crazy good...
Old 31st July 2018
  #26
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
The high band is crazy good...
Yeah man! It's voodoo! Just stays smooth! Crazy is right!!!

Trying mastering with FG-A, just add a touch of highs and lows and push the mix into it to get a tiny bit of saturation!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 31st July 2018
  #27
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
The high band is crazy good...
My favourite bit about it so far. Great saturation too.

Now to test it on some drums...
Old 31st July 2018
  #28
Gear Head
 

Slate please, can we have a similar unique hardware's Pulteq EQ in VMR ? Thank you for bring this API one!
Old 31st July 2018
  #29
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziko123 View Post
Slate please, can we have a similar unique hardware's Pulteq EQ in VMR ? Thank you for bring this API one!
Seconded... please please a pultec and la2a
Old 31st July 2018
  #30
Gear Maniac
 

Thank you very much! I know API units felt like the next natural thing to request, so it's fun to start seeing them pop up! I'll give it a shot next mix I get :D
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump