Audified releases MixChecker Pro - Page 2 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audified releases MixChecker Pro
Old 5th August 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Indeed, that's the route I ended up taking, Doom.

Kudos and thanks again to Audified for looking after me.
Old 9th August 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
How's everyone finding this? Worth the upgrade?
Old 9th August 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushak View Post
Absolutely! You will not be looking back after hearing the quality of new sims and getting used to all those extra features.
Old 10th August 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Not able to install any audio stuff yet, but judging by all the comments and reviews I've read, the answer's yes, it's definitely worth the upgrade.
Old 13th August 2018 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushak View Post
I upgraded & I would say yes, it is worth it.
Old 18th August 2018
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Yes me too-apart from the many additional features the models that correspond to the same buttons in the original version sound more realistic and somehow more "extreme" which means it is harder to make your mix sound good on them. I also liked how different each button sounds which again means there is no hiding place for any flaws in your mix.

If I just use my main speakers and headphones many versions of the same mix will sound pleasing to the ear-it doesn't matter if there's a bit too much bass or top for example. But only a perfectly-balanced mix will "survive" all of this plug-in's emulations, such as the reference mixes I use from the best mixers in the world!

Of course the previous version was already pretty good at this but this version steps it up quite a bit.
Old 17th October 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Well, fresh email notification:

New pricing for MixCheckers

We received very positive feedback to MixChecker Pro and also some comments regarding the price. We decided to make MixCheckers more affordable:

MixChecker Pro: $145
MixChecker: $79
Upgrade to Pro: $79
Changes available from Friday the 19th!

MixChecker users have the last chance to get the upgrade only for $59 until Friday.

Thank you, Lubor!
Old 20th October 2018
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
How does MixChecker Pro work properly if there is no way to let it know what I'm listening on? I'm mixing on Focal headphones mostly, but I'm guessing they just set a standard compensation of a 5" monitor.
Old 20th October 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottombunk View Post
How does MixChecker Pro work properly if there is no way to let it know what I'm listening on? I'm mixing on Focal headphones mostly, but I'm guessing they just set a standard compensation of a 5" monitor.
I don't think they're designed to turn one set of speakers or headphones into another-for this they would indeed need to have a calibration file for your particular set.

The way I understand it is that we are presented with a wide variety of worst-case scenarios that your mix needs to survive. For this it doesn't matter so much if the models are accurate, only that they sound convincingly horrible which to my ears they certainly do!

Just today I was referencing some Paramore mixes through the plug-in and they held up really well whichever button I pressed. Until my own work-in-progress shows the same kind of resilience I know I need to keep on mixing!
Old 21st October 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottombunk View Post
I use Sonarworks Reference + MCP in combination.
Old 21st November 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
$65 at Plugin Boutique until 3 Dec. The standard version is $35. Was never going to buy MixChecker at full price but this is more in my price range. The pro is almost double the standard price. Do the extra features justify the price difference?
Old 22nd November 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
$65 at Plugin Boutique until 3 Dec. The standard version is $35. Was never going to buy MixChecker at full price but this is more in my price range. The pro is almost double the standard price. Do the extra features justify the price difference?
I bought the upgrade a while ago now and must admit that I haven't used any of the new features nor extra emulations. There just isn't enough time to tinker with so many variables!

But to me the new versions of the original buttons sound much better(or should I say worse?) than the originals so I would still go for the Pro version at that price. If there are demos of both maybe do a quick A/B with some real-life mixes.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncovered Pitch View Post
I bought the upgrade a while ago now and must admit that I haven't used any of the new features nor extra emulations. There just isn't enough time to tinker with so many variables!

But to me the new versions of the original buttons sound much better(or should I say worse?) than the originals so I would still go for the Pro version at that price. If there are demos of both maybe do a quick A/B with some real-life mixes.
Agreed. The updated algorithms are where the price difference is justified.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I agree, Doom.

I'm super-sensitive to phase issues, and judging from the demos I've heard of both plugins, the comb filtering / phase cancellation is greatly-reduced in the Pro version... IMHO.
Old 23rd November 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wow glad I didn't jump in yet as Audified have it 70% off at their site with code GOaudifiedGO. MixChecker Pro for only $43.50
No brainer I'd say.
Old 24th November 2018
Lives for gear

Any reports of using Mixchecker 2 with Sonarworks ref 4/Goodhertz Can Opener 3? Tempted by the sale
Old 24th November 2018 | Show parent
unr
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyBCN View Post
Any reports of using Mixchecker 2 with Sonarworks ref 4/Goodhertz Can Opener 3? Tempted by the sale
just testing it on headphones (beyerdynamic 880 edition) with sonarworks at the end of the chain. sounds very much like 2 hours ago when I played the track in the club.

For $44 totally worth it.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Wow glad I didn't jump in yet as Audified have it 70% off at their site with code GOaudifiedGO. MixChecker Pro for only $43.50
No brainer I'd say.
Thanks for the heads up, great price, will nab it now.
Old 24th November 2018
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
i was peeping always a little bit to this plugin in mind i wouldnt need to EXTRA hear my mixes on a phone, car etc. but at the end arent these only some EQ presets + maybe some saturators and so on?

i got already SPEAKERphone and it seems to do the same even more (which i bought for effecting and simulating situations and sound design).

watched a few videos about it and it doesnt seem to be reliable too, the presets are not the same volume and the simulated presets arent also the best simulations which they wanna be, like faked sound . hard to describe, what do you say, waste of money? especially for normal price, ridiculous. i dont mean the blackfriday price! (how long does the sale last?)

i guess sticking to comparing to phones, cheap ass speakers etc. is better and cheaper than this plugin.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
No brainer I'd say.
Another thanks for the heads up. Bought it!
Old 5th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Thanks for the heads up, great price, will nab it now.
B0se, what's the verdict on this? Is it useful?
Old 6th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
@ b0se I would also be grateful to know whether this would still be relevant if I plump for Slate VSX this Xmas.

Cheers.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
@ b0se I would also be grateful to know whether this would still be relevant if I plump for Slate VSX this Xmas.

Cheers.
Slate ripped off these ideas (including Waves Nx) so, no. If you get VSX then this would be redundant. But cheaper!
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
I ended up never using it, so I can't personally recommend it. I didn't use any software of this kind however, not just this specific plugin.

Quote:

Cheers.
VSX will be all you need.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I ended up never using it, so I can't personally recommend it. I didn't use any software of this kind however, not just this specific plugin.

All of it sounds like stuff I'd buy on a whim and never use IMO.
Old 7th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Slate ripped off these ideas (including Waves Nx) so, no. If you get VSX then this would be redundant. But cheaper!
Thanks.
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks.

OT but any idea when those DSP monitors you are involved in testing are hitting the market place? This year? I understand if you are unable to say.

Cheers.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thanks.

OT but any idea when those DSP monitors you are involved in testing are hitting the market place? This year? I understand if you are unable to say.

Cheers.
Hopefully this month!
Old 8th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hopefully this month!
Looking forward to it!
πŸ“ Reply