The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Kazrog True Iron - Transformer Saturation Plugin
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear

Software Kazrog True Iron - Transformer Saturation Plugin

True Iron is a new plugin made by Shane McFee in conjunction with Devin Powers (Powers Music Company). It accurately emulates two classic line transformers, known for their use in many of the biggest names in vintage analog outboard sound processing. In USA mode, True Iron emulates the UTC 108 X, and in Euro mode, the Malotki 4001B.

These transformers add weight, heft, and girth to your mixes and masters. The plugin features adjustable strength, input impedance, wet/dry ratio, and a special “Crush” control to add fat transformer saturation to tracks and buses. Plus, the CPU usage of the plugin is low enough that you can add it to every track or bus in a mix for added virtual analog warmth across your entire mix.

Features
  • Two transformer emulations in one plugin – USA and Euro modes emulate classic transformers used on hit records of the last several decades.
  • Strength – Adjust the tendency toward nonlinearity of the transformer, continuously variable to allow boosts and cuts in warmth while maintaining the large headroom classic transformers are known for, throughout the range of the control.
  • Wet/Dry Mix control – Blend just as much True Iron as you want into each track and bus in your mix, to taste.
  • CPU Friendly – Run an instance of True Iron on every track and bus to elevate your mix without noticeably taxing your CPU.
  • Selectable input impedance – Unity (default) for convenient dropping into existing projects without apparent loudness changes, and boost for the most accurate emulation of the input stage of the modeled hardware.
  • Crush and Crush 2x – Add warm overdrive or distortion to your tracks, emulating the sound of transformers pushed beyond their intended operating range with up to +48dB of auto compensated gain.

Old 10th July 2018
Gear Head

No intro price?
Old 10th July 2018
Gear Nut
Saturation...And what about oversampling?))
Old 10th July 2018
Gear Addict

$39.99
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Flux View Post
Saturation...And what about oversampling?))
The oversampling is built in, and has been optimized for common applications. Simplicity is a big focus in True Iron, so I didn't want to overwhelm people with options, but some "geek tweak" settings can always be added down the road.
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstefan View Post
No intro price?
It's $39.99.
Old 10th July 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post
It's $39.99.
Could you please clarify whether $39,99 is the regular price or an intro price.
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear

I'm really liking this. I love that it has a wide range between being subtle and obviously crunchy.
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstefan View Post
Could you please clarify whether $39,99 is the regular price or an intro price.
It's the price of the plugin. It's launch day. Does that make it an intro price, or a regular price, or both? As I'm sure you know, prices of software can and do change fairly often. That said, there are no immediate plans to do so in this case.

I feel the plugin is priced appropriately, and so far the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive. There's also a free demo if you're on the fence, that's feature unlimited for 14 days.

Thanks for your interest!
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankin View Post
I'm really liking this. I love that it has a wide range between being subtle and obviously crunchy.
Thanks! Custom transformer boxes have been a secret weapon of top mix engineers for a while now, and when Devin Powers demoed his transformer units for me, I knew it would make a great plugin - especially since the real hardware can be difficult to find (and a pain to wire up!)

Very happy with how this came out, and I'm using it on all my own mixes, as are the renowned engineers who were on the beta team.
Old 10th July 2018
Gear Addict

FR: Mid Side mode?

Glad you added an output knob
Old 11th July 2018
Lives for gear
This is a very good plug-in. I strongly recommend that people demo this.
Old 11th July 2018
FFH
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_bond View Post
FR:

Glad you added an output knob
Where?
Old 11th July 2018
Lives for gear

Great sound with a nice GUI (compared to your other plugins, it's a step up IMHO).

It's going on the to buy list asap !
Old 11th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFH View Post
Where?
It's an easter egg - just click the Kazrog logo and it will appear!
Old 11th July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Ha ha. I read the manual but missed the very last page where this is explained. This was driving me nuts and I was inserting gain plugs to compensate. Much better now
Old 11th July 2018
FFH
Gear Nut

Quote:
Great, thanks.
Old 11th July 2018
Lives for gear

This is a great plugin!
Old 11th July 2018
M2E
Lives for gear

I would have bought it but, it 64bit only. I need 32 bit. Oh well. I guess now all of their plugins are going just 64bit. I own most all of their plugins but not ready to go the 64bit only route anytime soon.

Thanks, I gotta pass...

Marc
Old 11th July 2018
Gear Maniac

This thing sounds unbelievably good and for the money?it's a steal.doesn't kill transients like countless other algorithmic plugins and it does some very subtle though useful phase rotation(an inherent property of transformers)which can help gel drum transients together that land on the same beat better if you use it on single tracks.
Old 11th July 2018
Gear Nut
Who can post some audio demoes on different instruments, subtle/moderate/aggressive settings, dry without processing, wet processed?
Old 11th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Who can post some audio demoes on different instruments, subtle/moderate/aggressive settings, dry without processing, wet processed?
Theres a free demo so you can have a go yourself?
Old 11th July 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer View Post
Theres a free demo so you can have a go yourself?
Yep, but, no time to go to studio, the month of busy / family / circumstances. :(
Old 11th July 2018
Gear Nut
Is it comparable to Kush Audio Omega series?
Old 11th July 2018
Lives for gear

Glues the drumbus in a very pleasant way! Bought!
Old 11th July 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehalph View Post
Is it comparable to Kush Audio Omega series?
I compared it to the 458a (as that is tubes & iron). It is different, but sounds as good. I didn't use the crush knob at all, just strength & mix. It breaks up really differently to the 458a, neither one is better IMHO, they both do different things. Try the demo, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 11th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
Glues the drumbus in a very pleasant way! Bought!
Try pairing this with Airwindows DrumSlam. B I G.
Old 11th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
I would have bought it but, it 64bit only. I need 32 bit.
As of the last user survey, less than 1.5% of my users were on 32 bit hosts, so I decided it was finally time to give up 32 bit. It makes for smaller downloads, fewer support issues, and generally everyone is happier.

I'm sorry that leaves you out, though!
Old 11th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Got some in the works right now!
Old 11th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Really appreciate the level of control. With the 3 controls it nicely goes from very subtle to extreme crunch and there is enough resolution on the knobs to dial in exactly where on that spectrum you want.

Unity setting is supposed to keep unity gain, right? Still getting a decent amount of boost when the main strength is turned up. Would be nice if it kept closer to actual unity.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search