The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kazrog True Iron - Transformer Saturation Plugin
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
1166A is on the thinner side of TI, so....
I used the 1166A on the before and after. <Shrug>
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
Don't know the architecture of this parallel circuit but would be curious where mix knob is when you hear phase de correlation.
I just checked the project I was referring to above.
The mix knob is 100% wet.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

it brings in some compression and makes the signa louder. after adjusting the loudness difference and comparing it with the untreated signal i hear more subtle stuff.
but like the overall sound with compression and all.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post
That’s coming, along with some other nice enhancements soon!
To echo others here, I would love a summing feature. Something like a channel setting and bus/group setting with variances on the channel.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Oh hell yes, that would be awesome - and the typical micro-variances in frequency response and left/right balance, unless Plugin Alliance own the patent on that with their "Tolerance Modeling Technology"

United Plugins 'Front DAW" plugin does it and explains it like this:
Quote:
"each plugin instance acts slightly different. Variable Analogue Random Modeling (VARM) technology models randomness of the subtle differences of the values of the electrical parts - exactly as in the real electrical units and the real console channels."
It's a bit silly how they also have to give names to these "technologies" but I do devil's work anyway....
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Just joined with the purchase of True Iron.

I've been on a Mastering, 'saturation' hunt for quite some time. Been demo'ing all the name brands.

Heard much about Iron, but thought I had the transformer thing covered.

Within the first 5 minutes .... I now have the 'transformer thing' covered

That 111c trans was the decider.

I don't need a track mangler ... I wanted a track Enhancer.

Tomorrow I will start to dig in more ... but my initial quick test was just that ... quickly got the enhance I wanted to hear.

Yeah !
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
This is a beautiful thing on the stereo bus.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I would like to hear more from you guys which model you guys use..
111c for bus. All righty
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Recently I like to use a different models for each bus sections, kind of give more separation between elements.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
Oh hell yes, that would be awesome - and the typical micro-variances in frequency response and left/right balance, unless Plugin Alliance own the patent on that with their "Tolerance Modeling Technology"

United Plugins 'Front DAW" plugin does it and explains it like this:

It's a bit silly how they also have to give names to these "technologies" but I do devil's work anyway....
The only difference is TMT is great and VARM literally doesn't work, at least in Logic. Create two channels, throw Front Daw on each, phase flip one, null city
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Just joined with the purchase of True Iron.

I've been on a Mastering, 'saturation' hunt for quite some time. Been demo'ing all the name brands.

Heard much about Iron, but thought I had the transformer thing covered.

Within the first 5 minutes .... I now have the 'transformer thing' covered

I don't need a track mangler ... I wanted a track Enhancer.

Tomorrow I will start to dig in more ... but my initial quick test was just that ... quickly got the enhance I wanted to hear.

Yeah !
Saw you ask about harmonics in another thread and I was going to suggest True Iron but I thought "nah, I am sure he has already tried it out"

At the risk of actually suggesting something you already own or have tried, have you checked out the CDSM Tube libraries? Awesome stuff if you are looking for tube harmonics.

...that is until we get 'True Tube' - one can only hope
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
Saw you ask about harmonics in another thread and I was going to suggest True Iron but I thought "nah, I am sure he has already tried it out"

At the risk of actually suggesting something you already own or have tried, have you checked out the CDSM Tube libraries? Awesome stuff if you are looking for tube harmonics.

...that is until we get 'True Tube' - one can only hope
It's been awhile ...

I did purchase the Tube Booster library [long time back]. Also some Tube stuff from AlexB.

These were all from my NEBULA install ... have to see if I transferred them to N4.

A lot happened during that transition time ... slowly moved Libraries over ... probably many more still to do.

Thanks for the reminder.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Can you please post a link to the Tube Booster library?

Thanks.

Quote:
It's been awhile ...

I did purchase the Tube Booster library [long time back]. Also some Tube stuff from AlexB.

These were all from my NEBULA install ... have to see if I transferred them to N4.

A lot happened during that transition time ... slowly moved Libraries over ... probably many more still to do.

Thanks for the reminder.
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaugruen7 View Post
I would like to hear more from you guys which model you guys use..
111c for bus. All righty
I went through the models and drove them all to Strength of 10 and then did some level matching with the output gain to create an "auto-gain" preset for each of the models. I feel like this is a must to keep me honest. Crush is at 0, Unity, Mix @ 100%.

I then labeled the presets according to the original units to give myself a better idea on usage. Or at least a starting point. For example, I won't even remember what "108x" means, but I can remember what "LA2A - thick - with 30hz rolloff" means.

So, I had to pull up the plug to see what models I use most.
108X - beef
111C - clarity & detail - Only model I typically use during mastering. Others are used during mixing.
1166A - mid push (I use it like an EQ almost.)
O-12 - mid aggressive - a type of fullness

I don't use the others as much.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post

Thanks.
https://cdsoundmaster.com/site/CDS-S...oosterneb.html
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
It's been awhile ...

Thanks for the reminder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post

Thanks.
Quote:

I was actually referring to the Vintage Tube Collection as opposed to the Tube Booster if you're interested (although I have both).

https://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-s...ne/vtcneb.html
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpanderson80 View Post
So, I had to pull up the plug to see what models I use most.
108X - beef
111C - clarity & detail - Only model I typically use during mastering. Others are used during mixing.
1166A - mid push (I use it like an EQ almost.)
O-12 - mid aggressive - a type of fullness

I don't use the others as much.
Thanks, I am very much on the same page. So far, I use only two of the settings: about 75% of the time it's the 111C, the rest of the time, it's the 1166A. The 111C sounds hi-fi, natural, and vintage-classy; the 1166A is more focused, colored, aggressive.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
I was actually referring to the Vintage Tube Collection as opposed to the Tube Booster if you're interested (although I have both).

https://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-s...ne/vtcneb.html
yeah ... still trying to track that one down in my Library archive.

[i use to have a Cataloging prg that would save the database on my current drive, to include the external harddrives I have in storage ... made finding stuff easy].

thanks again for the reminder.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Thumbs up True Iron

I just purchased True Iron this week (just found out about it.) Tried it on an old mix, on the master channel (ProTools) and heard the difference immediately. Many other plugs promised this, but True Iron delivers weight/warmth. Good Job.
Old 5 hours ago
Lives for gear

I would love to have a global bypass option when using multiple instances over a mix.
Old 2 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
I would love to have a global bypass option when using multiple instances over a mix.
Does your DAW allow for a activate/deactivate spanning several channels?

I try to have pugins I use a lot in designated insert slots (TrueIron, Tape sim, console channel,...) and the QuickLink fuction in CubasePro allows for easy bypass (or channel adjust)

Herwig
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search